Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These will start looking better all the time.

Agreed. I usually always buy singles and that's rare. I bought Bond w/Oddjob and have no regrets on the combo. They look great.

However, as you stated, glass eyes would have been the cherry.

I think the "Noserub" is some giant, blown out of proportion issue by the European guys. Nobody in the states is getting nose rub.

My figures are perfect.

Mine had nose rubs and the ones I got from toy anxiety had nose rubs. The ones sitting on display at my comic shop here embarrassingly also have nose rubs.

I think the "Noserub" is some giant, blown out of proportion issue by the European guys. Nobody in the states is getting nose rub.

My figures are perfect.

I am in the US. Got mine from Sideshow and had the nose rub.

Sallah

My figures are perfect.

Did a European hurt you when you were a kid? Why the hatred little man? :lol

Reading through the thread and Facebook there have been a lot of noserubs in the US.

It was a bit of a lame statement to say only Europeans had the issue and insulting for the rest of us who have it.

I said if was 99% as an obvious exaggeration as one does to state the majority has the issues. but it pissed greggo off enough to go off on it when he had previously offered that only 5% had it but later retracted to say it was “sadly climbing”.

Though I assume he’d know better than us, I still challenged him on how he got those stats. Such as opening and tallying all the ones with rubs still unshipped and counting on the boards or facebooks or emails who mentioned they did have it based on the ordered that shipped. And then accounting for that there is likely a percentage of those that got them that are “silent” that still have them. Yeah I don’t think they are doing that. And Gregg ignored my question because I’m pretty sure he didn’t have an answer for that.

In any case I think it’s a bit silly albeit hypocritical to freely offer stats out there. It’s clear as day it’s a ubiquitous issue. One big cheif is suffering for, and we are too.

I’m sure they will come through but they are clearly not prepared for this. My brother asked them for some items that needed to be replaced. They sent him a new name plate for odd job. No email or nothing. And they first ignored half of his issues. He needed a new head because of the nose rub. Was not there.

In any case I’d be shocked if they didn’t get their act together for the next wave. Hot toys uses similar packaging and I don’t have nose rub issues. Sometimes I get nose shine with them and that’s because I used to slip off the plastic protector on the head. Lately I cut it and that helps. The last one I got Leia Hoth really was perfect. Plastic ring you slip off like usual but a second layer of plastic you peel off. Perfect.

Ironically the issue with their paint jobs being sub par with their over painted heads is part of the problem.

Next round a plastic closer to the desired flesh tone with subtler texturing in the vien that hot toys and blitzway do should help.

If they can fix their eye sloppiness and give the figures a new body and tweaks to the suits such as shoulder pads Velcro instead of snaps and other tweaks...

Then I sure as hell don’t think I’ll be a broken record anymore because I don’t know how I couldn’t feel they were a pretty solid company. Lots of potential here

It was a bit of a lame statement to say only Europeans had the issue and insulting for the rest of us who have it.

I said if was 99% as an obvious exaggeration as one does to state the majority has the issues. but it pissed greggo off enough to go off on it when he had previously offered that only 5% had it but later retracted to say it was “sadly climbing”.

Though I assume he’d know better than us, I still challenged him on how he got those stats. Such as opening and tallying all the ones with rubs still unshipped and counting on the boards or facebooks or emails who mentioned they did have it based on the ordered that shipped. And then accounting for that there is likely a percentage of those that got them that are “silent” that still have them. Yeah I don’t think they are doing that. And Gregg ignored my question because I’m pretty sure he didn’t have an answer for that.

In any case I think it’s a bit silly albeit hypocritical to freely offer stats out there. It’s clear as day it’s a ubiquitous issue. One big cheif is suffering for, and we are too.

I’m sure they will come through but they are clearly not prepared for this. My brother asked them for some items that needed to be replaced. They sent him a new name plate for odd job. No email or nothing. And they first ignored half of his issues. He needed a new head because of the nose rub. Was not there.

In any case I’d be shocked if they didn’t get their act together for the next wave. Hot toys uses similar packaging and I don’t have nose rub issues. Sometimes I get nose shine with them and that’s because I used to slip off the plastic protector on the head. Lately I cut it and that helps. The last one I got Leia Hoth really was perfect. Plastic ring you slip off like usual but a second layer of plastic you peel off. Perfect.

Ironically the issue with their paint jobs being sub par with their over painted heads is part of the problem.

Next round a plastic closer to the desired flesh tone with subtler texturing in the vien that hot toys and blitzway do should help.

If they can fix their eye sloppiness and give the figures a new body and tweaks to the suits such as shoulder pads Velcro instead of snaps and other tweaks...

Then I sure as hell don’t think I’ll be a broken record anymore because I don’t know how I couldn’t feel they were a pretty solid company. Lots of potential here
Ray, please check pms ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

:clap:007

He's insulting the Europeans saying they're overreacting and the US not, so the offense was aimed at them.

Just wondering since the nose rub seems a common QC issue.
Is it because the plastic clam shells halves are sandwiched too close together? Could it have been solved with wrapping the heads in plastic or at the very least turning the head a little to the left or right when they pack them at the factory? Just wondering if something simple could have prevented this. Also since BC won’t address the issue unless you bought from them what is the recourse for other that bought elsewhere? Return them or live with it? I’m too **** about stuff like that it would drive me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering since the nose rub seems a common QC issue.
Is it because the plastic clam shells halves are sandwiched too close together? Could it have been solved with wrapping the heads in plastic or at the very least turning the head a little to the left or right when they pack them at the factory? Just wondering if something simple could have prevented this. Also since BC won’t address the issue unless you bought from them what is the recourse for other that bought elsewhere? Return them or live with it? I’m too **** about stuff like that it would drive me crazy.

Gregg said categorically that they would replace ALL the heads (his capitals).

As for why it rubbed off my guess is it was poor paint quality combined with poor packaging. The paint on the hair on mine comes off when you rub it gently with your finger.

Gregg said categorically that they would replace ALL the heads (his capitals).

As for why it rubbed off my guess is it was poor paint quality combined with poor packaging. The paint on the hair on mine comes off when you rub it gently with your finger.

Does the Odd Job Figure have the same issue?

Back