Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0932.jpg

Yeah, anyway. There are aspects of this figure that are brilliant - like the sculpt - and many more that are just frankly insulting. Above all else, the body on this is garbage. The chest is way too big. This is what I did to it:
IMG_0915.jpg
IMG_0916.jpg

To achieve this result:
IMG_0917.jpg

A flat chested body. There's a reason why fashion models are so tall and thin; the clothes hang off them. All that surplus plastic I cut off made the figure look bloated around the chest. It was completely unnecessary, and anyway, plastic isn't free. Yet despite having a massive chest, the shoulders are way too narrow, and the jacket has been tailored to fit the narrow shoulders. Why?

More stupidity - the bizarre long neck, the neck peg deep inside the body, and the result is a head that is difficult to put on another body but where the neck doesn't look long enough.

Quite a number of the screws are stripped. Why? Is the metal too cheap, is the plastic too soft, what's the reason? Because it can't help the floppiness, which takes a lot of the fun away from owning it. I like to pick figures up, repose them, mess about with them, and you want them to be reasonably stiff. You pick this up and everything moves.

The waistcoat in the photos above isn't fastened because I cut the fasteners off. I also cut out most of the lining and the pockets. It seems churlish to criticise someone for doing too good a job but the waistcoat was over designed. It was like a real waistcoat in 1/6 scale. This sounds great, but fabric doesn't come in 1/6 scale, therefore all that detail is superfluous. It didn't need four working pockets! It was also very stiff because of all the layers of cloth and the glue that has been used.

I get that poor paint jobs can be found in figures by every manufacturer, but this body is a ****ing disgrace. I padded the shoulders out with bits of cardboard for ****s sake. How is that high-end? I also had to extend the neck, which wasn't exactly fun. Without those changes the figure's body shape seemed all wrong to me. The tie will need replacing, as will the shirt whose collar barely fits over the tie.

I'm not 'hating' on this figure - great sculpt, accessories, suit is kind of okay - but I feel shortchanged by the floppy, spindly body. One thing that made me laugh is that Big Chief have stamped their logo just above the figure's arse. That really sums it up, I think.

I finally ordered 007 to go with Oddjob that I am extremely pleased with. Hopefully no nose rub on Bond.
I already have the Yunsil suit on a Hot Toys clone body which I absolutely love. I'll probably just end up using the sculpt, stand and accessories with it. Once I have the BCS Bond in hand, I will decide whether or not I should go for a repaint to put together my ultimate James Bond.

Does anyone know if the BCS hands and shoes will fit on a Hot Toys / Hot Toys clone body?

Sounds like a lot of work.
Here’s a light hearted pic for now...

I’m about to put the new waistcoat on Goldfinger. This one has all the buttons ;-)

Gang

Just sold my BC Bond less than what I paid
And yea, the shirt,tie,body,jacket just does
Not do the figure justice

I still love my OJ, GF but Bond and the nose
Rub were a disappointment.

Maybe just getting the Head is the way to go
But then I see you can’t even port the head to
A 1/6 body with the way the neck adaptor was made

Such a disappointment

Well, I’ve re-outfitted Goldfinger with his new vest.

Here’s a quick iPhone pic of the GF trio.

Well I got my Bond in today and happy to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. By all the talk in this thread I expected to be very disappointed upon opening him but instead I was impressed. No nose rub on mine. Overall paint work is good on mine though having already painted Connery once, I see where i can do some touch ups. I definitely see the need for a new body but that's an easy fix. But for now, I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Thank you.
I’m enjoying this set of figures, and decided to have a bit more fun with them.

I so wanted to get these but then after all the QC issues I bought a $30 head off of EvilBay - used a $10 CooModel body from Monkey Depot and an old extra Golgo 13 suit and overcoat I had just laying around from Hot Toys figure....the results? He may not be perfect but for the $40 I got invested....I’m pretty damn happy. No see through Tie and no Nose rub.

b15e0ded8d71529b996936f7c74fc1d2.jpg
c6f6867851eabf8345b4492b0680d7cc.jpg
ff64da86094265df4fbfdfc8983bb554.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so wanted to get these but then after all the QC issues I bought a $30 head off of EvilBay - used a $10 CooModel body from Monkey Depot and an old extra Golgo 13 suit and overcoat I had just laying around from Hot Toys figure....the results? He may not be perfect but for the $40 I got invested....I’m pretty damn happy. No see through Tie and no Nose rub.

b15e0ded8d71529b996936f7c74fc1d2.jpg
c6f6867851eabf8345b4492b0680d7cc.jpg
ff64da86094265df4fbfdfc8983bb554.jpg

That looks pretty great :clap

Thanks! Wanting to do a couple Bond shelf’s so I got him next to my DC Spectre Bond sporting the Magic Cube Austrian outfit. So far I’m digging them together and I have less then $125 in both figures. As expensive as this hobby is sometimes, you can still find decent deals just by doing a little “bashing”.

Now I'm considering shelling out 750 for all three GF figures after I saw HT new IW IM is 407...really folks....spend my money on Bond figures instead and deal with the issues!

I think the "Noserub" is some giant, blown out of proportion issue by the European guys. Nobody in the states is getting nose rub.

My figures are perfect.

Back