Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very happy with my fig, my main concern was how the final sculpt and paint apps were going to look, I need not of worried, it looks really great in person, bring on Moore and Lazenby now BCS.

My pics don't really do the fig justice it looks much better in person

O9Ia4lh.jpg

Thanks Rambler and shells I’m glad your really happy with your figures. We have worked very hard with EON on this range. Improved paint apps and revised bodies and working with the factories every step of the way. Wow some cracking photos coming though as well. Love your new photos One sixth Shooter.

Thanks

Thanks Rambler and shells I’m glad your really happy with your figures. We have worked very hard with EON on this range. Improved paint apps and revised bodies and working with the factories every step of the way. Wow some cracking photos coming though as well. Love your new photos One sixth Shooter.

Thanks

Well I’ll be happy once I get the replacement head. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must be some seriously ****e luck, out of 600 orders only people on this forum has the nose rub. :wink1:

I will also say that aside from the problems I have had, I'm very happy with these figures. :)

I never thought that we would see 1/6 licensed figures of characters like Oddjob and Goldfinger, especially done this well, and I hope they sell well enough that more get made. To me, Bond is about more than just 007. The villains and side characters are what makes the series so exceptional.

That must be some seriously ****e luck, out of 600 orders only people on this forum has the nose rub. :wink1:

I understand you have had issues with BCS before, as have I, but why not let them enjoy the success of their line here? Such continuous negativity is the reason that they are taking a step back from participating in sites like this one, and it doesn't make anything better. Can't we all just get along? :lol

Ok, more futzed. Ironed the jacket collar and as much of the shirt collar as I could. There is a stitch holding the top of the collar together which I didn't feel like cutting. I think even more collar than I have here can be achieved if the tie is adjusted down more. I'm liking it more and more as I work with it. The material used for the hands is fantastic and I wish all figures used this.

View attachment 382876View attachment 382877

just crazy great pics- my confidence restored:clap

It’s not 600 nose rubs nor is it 50 it’s less. Not a wide spread problem as stated previously.

How can you tell already? Have all the people with no nose rubs emailed you to confirm that they don't have issues?

Goldfinger and OddJob look OK in photos. As for Bond, it's true of all figures that you shouldn't judge them unless you have them in hand, but Bond in particular seems to be great in some photos, caricature bobblehead in others. Will wait until I've seen it in person to decide whether to buy it.

Of course not everyone who has received the figures will message support to say they have no issues. You can only judge by what has been sent to support with issues. However we have received more emails about how much people love the figures then we have about nose rubs. Nose rubs shouldn’t happen and of course we are not happy with even one, but sadly things like this can happen but at the end of the day faulty items like nose rubs will indeed be replaced.

Not sure why it matters to anyone here how many nose-rubs there are when Greggo has stated he will replace ALL of them. It's his problem now, not anyone's here. Except that it gives the vitriol some gas to run on.

Moving on, I have just opened Oddjob and am very happy to say he's just as good as Goldfinger, perhaps even better.

QUICK REVIEW:

Sculpt + Paint: Once again, no bobblehead here. The sculpt by Inigo is outstanding and captures that stern menace perfectly. The fade in the haircut is nicely painted. Fortunately no nose rubs or blemishes that I can see. The skin tone is perfect. Oddjob is total HT quality to the naked eye. He looks damn real.

Outfit: Jacket and vest are crisp and sharp as they should be for this valet. Pants look nice and baggy as they were in the film, not too long either. Just needs to be pressed is all. The shirt tabs look nice and once I set the tie in place he'll be lightyears past the old Sideshow figure that I customized.

Body: Again, there's a fat suit at work here that gives Oddjob his unique posture -- he's stout and looks impenetrable. Not bulbous like Auric but heavy and dangerous. He's also short as he should be. The body's joints seem tight and he holds his poses so far.

My wife liked Oddjob best so far. He does indeed look like a little live person on the desk. I can't wait to perfect him with some futzing in the next week.

James Bond will be revealed tomorrow.

Pictures with crap phone... out of box, no futz:

OJ 1.jpg

OJ 3.jpgOJ 4.jpg

Last edited:
Damn OJ turned out very nice and looks like
A homerun!

The pants is the only issue with the figures.
It looks a bit long

OK, so I opened my first box of the three... and it had to be AURIC GOLDFINGER. My favorite Bond villain as many of you know, and one that I actually made a custom version of long ago in this exact outfit and with the exact accessories (except I could never make that hat).

I won't bother reposting my custom, but let's just say this BCS figure makes it look like a toy.

QUICK REVIEW:

First, I have not futzed this figure at all -- this is purely based on Fresh-from-the-box opinion.

Sculpt: Excellent! Inigo has captured Gert Frobe expertly as expected. It has Goldfinger with his dissatisfied, grim attitude, as if Bond just delivered a witty quip that Auric didn't like. And he has all the bulges a man of his size deserves. Also, the size of the head looks correct to me. Certainly not oversized on Auric.

Paint: Great. The flesh tone is really nice and lifelike, very rosey like Goldfinger should be. His unique pale pallor with reddened blotches is another aspect that makes him difficult to capture correctly, but they've done a really nice job here. The hair -- which I know from experience is so hard to capture -- really comes across with multiple colors. It's the color I wanted but could never achieve. The only issues I have with the paint is that the pupils of the blue eyes are uneven -- but in hand these squinted eyes are so small you'll never see it. I'm not even sure how the heck they painted it. But with a magnifying glass or macro pictures it becomes apparent.

Outfit: Dead-on accurate and beautifully tailored. Two buttons on the coat front, three on the sleeve, 6 on the vest, the pocket shapes, the vest, the riding pants, everything is perfect -- again, I know this from years of building my own. The overall aesthetic is a wonderful palette of golden hued colors for the man that loves gold. The canary yellow vest alone will make him pop on your shelf. And his girth makes him wholly unique. The jacket and vest are nicely tailored to that unique shape. The flaring jodhpurs accentuate his belly perfectly. My only items of note are: his black tie should be dark brown (I've mentioned this since the proto) and his riding pants may be a bit long, requiring a second folded cuff perhaps (I imagine water treatment will help pull those wrinkles down to his shins though). There's been talk about the snaps, which may be more of an issue on Bond who needs to appear crisp and sharp, but on Auric the vest snaps don't appear to be an issue, they remain well hidden for the most part. A few loose threads that need to be cut is all.

Body: I'm not going to review the actually body underneath, but the poseability and "shape" of Goldfinger. His posture is fantastic. Hunched shoulders, big belly, even the vest is tweaked at the correct spot for a man of his girth. He's standing on my desk as I type this, and his posture just screams Gert Frobe. It's truly a challenge to capture that shape and posture but its here. The joints seem firm and he holds a pose and stands on his own.

So yes, you can tell I'm happy. I've been waiting for this figure for a very, very long time.

If you love Goldfinger, I truly believe you're going to love this figure.

Now for some terrible pictures. Apologies, I dropped my phone and its never been the same since for photos.

What's in the FE box:

View attachment 382862

Auric Goldfinger out-of-the-box, no futz...

View attachment 382863

Yes, that poster in the background tells you all you need to know about my love for this movie.

Glad you got a grail figure and that your happy with him. I liked the pics of the custom you did years ago and I look forward to more pics of these figures. I would like to get each of the Bond's myself as I was always a fan of the movies. Really hoping to get a Dalton soon from this line.

Back