Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, that's very kind of you to say.

These new figures put my old ones to shame though, so now BCS better make them all so I can replace them. That means Blofeld and Largo too, Greggo. :lol

Of course not everyone who has received the figures will message support to say they have no issues. You can only judge by what has been sent to support with issues. However we have received more emails about how much people love the figures then we have about nose rubs. Nose rubs shouldn’t happen and of course we are not happy with even one, but sadly things like this can happen but at the end of the day faulty items like nose rubs will indeed be replaced.

Thanks for replying.

All three figures look fantastic! There is no mistaking who they are meant to be. If I had the available funds I would dip my toe into this line. Appears paint rub on the nose is a common issue with all figures from all manufactures. Is this due to the packaging?

I have to say I am loving this guy great job by BCS. I removed the vest buttons and used double sided lingerie body tape, pushed the shoulders up and bang looks Awesome! Looking forward to OJ and Goldfinger. 01340E05-20CF-4ACC-A945-76B8F6358E24.jpegE1610EDE-AFE7-4559-A02F-71194328DFC0.jpeg0FF10ECC-20CB-4121-A87A-4000B2CD0E38.jpegEF07FEB1-CFED-43F3-A5C8-D3BCD76E9D17.jpegE5DDB366-ABC5-4F3D-8429-D2E0D3363A1B.jpeg3B37E5ED-238A-4BA6-A2D6-AC2E4D7085A4.jpeg

I'm truly hoping this nose rub issue isn't going to be a widespread one. Fixing shirt collars is an easy fix, but nose rubs grab my attention immediately. I ordered Bond from BBTS and they don't have their shipment in yet. Fingers crossed...

Thanks Dr Feel !! I’m sure BCS will come thru with paint rub issues. I’ve seen plenty with no issues. Mine has it, I contacted them via support email I’m sure they’ll get back and take care of it. We always get crazy over our figures because we expect the best and pay top dollar but let’s give them a chance. :)

I have to say I am loving this guy great job by BCS. I removed the vest buttons and used double sided lingerie body tape, pushed the shoulders up and bang looks Awesome! Looking forward to OJ and Goldfinger. View attachment 382933View attachment 382934View attachment 382935View attachment 382936View attachment 382937View attachment 382938

He looks superb! On a side note, that's a nice kitchen to!

Funny I was thinking the same thing about the kitchen.

Great pics and futzing, jaymig.

I hope they make them all. I like bond almost as much as Indy. Always liked your input on the Indiana jones forums. These figures look pretty top notch overall.

Thanks man, that's very kind of you to say.

These new figures put my old ones to shame though, so now BCS better make them all so I can replace them. That means Blofeld and Largo too, Greggo. :lol

Thanks again.

BTW, someone said there are TWO little golden homing beacons things -- the one that goes in his shoe. Where is the spare gold homing beacon? I didn't see it with my Connery. Was there supposed to be one in his shoe already?

Thanks again.

BTW, someone said there are TWO little golden homing beacons things -- the one that goes in his shoe. Where is the spare gold homing beacon? I didn't see it with my Connery. Was there supposed to be one in his shoe already?
So- you have unpacked old Sean already?No painting issues there?How is head size in yours opinion?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

So- you have unpacked old Sean already?No painting issues there?How is head size in yours opinion?

Just formulating my quick review. Head size is perfect match to the other figures, Oddjob and Auric. I think the appearance of the over-sized head is purely a result of the shoulders being narrow on the body. I'll cover that in my review.

Unfortunately, yes, I have a paint rub on my Connery's nose as well. Surely BCS will be adding a little piece of foam over the head in the future to avoid this.

Just formulating my quick review. Head size is perfect match to the other figures, Oddjob and Auric. I think the appearance of the over-sized head is purely a result of the shoulders being narrow on the body. I'll cover that in my review.

Unfortunately, yes, I have a paint rub on my Connery's nose as well. Surely BCS will be adding a little piece of foam over the head in the future to avoid this.
Sorry for spoiled paintup.Will wait your's James review with big impatience )

Sorry, going to post review on next page so it hangs a little while...

Attachments

• JB 1.jpg
    JB 1.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 223
  • JB 2.jpg
    JB 2.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 212
  • JB 3.jpg
    JB 3.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
OK, here we go... the one, the only, JAMES BOND...

QUICK REVIEW:

Sculpt + Paint: OK, first off in all transparency, I do have a nose rub. Clearly this is unfortunate but I have confidence it will be solved as Greggo said. As mentioned above, there head size is in keeping with the other two character sin this line. They all look great together. Inigo has perfectly captured Connery's sense of fun with that subtle smirk -- the thing that made him so likeable even though he was a pompous ass know-it-all. In hand, it gives a nice challenge to the famed bbkill head. The eyes on all these figures are the weakest feature -- but they are very hard to see on anyone but Connery. But again, in hand and at scale, it is not an issue... only in macro close-ups or if you use a magnifying glass. Skin tone is nice and natural.

Outfit: My suit came out quite nice and crisp with very few wrinkles. The collar and tie even nicely placed unlike the other two. I could literally set him on the shelf as is. But that's no fun. I still need to iron those pants. Anyway, aside from the few loose strings, everything looks nicely tailored and every detail is correct (number of buttons, etc). The navy-colored knit tie is correct -- something I learned only during the Yunsil suit making process. Oh, also, the vest on mine isn't as 'puffed out' due to the snaps as I feared it would be. In fact, I'll likely keep them as is unless they break. I'll know better when I can see what body is underneath.

Now here's the issue I think people are seeing -- the shoulders of the jacket do seem a bit narrow. However, I think that may have been done so there is a natural spread of the jacket to open wide enough to show off the vest. An easy fix is to place a little piece of cardboard under the jacket's shoulders to straighten them out and then pull outward for shape (using a little water to keep the shape). I did this with Yunsil's suit too. The other option is to get a wider shoulder body (but I'd still recommend the cardboard).

But this is a fantastic suit. In fact, I held it up to my Yunsil suit and this one is actually a little darker gray which is better.

Body: Joints are tight like the rest of the bodies. Hands seem easy to replace with the soft rubber. I'm eager to check the underlying body to see how narrow the shoulders are. Now here's a neat thing: the heights on all three are EXACTLY CORRECT! How often does that happen. I even checked against photos. Oddjob's eyes should come to Connery's chin -- which they do -- and Goldfinger's eyes should be at Connery's nose -- which they are! So all three together are perfectly scaled. I was really surprised by this because at first I thought Oddjob was a wee bit tall. But nope. Perfect.

So I hope that eases some concerns about Connery. I have my personal grail to cherish -- my Yunsil/bbkill with Rahmier paint -- but honestly this one is very close and should be a no brainer for anyone who wants an affordable Goldfinger gray-suit Connery on their shelf.

As you can tell, I'm over the moon with this set. BCS really did go beyond my expectations (nose rubs aside). I've wanted this for so long -- an accurate and well-done set of Goldfinger characters -- this is total dream come true for me. These three are going top shelf in my display. They look great together and are scaled perfectly. It's Goldfinger. I mean, come on.

My wife stills insists Oddjob is the best. She may be right. I believe we all said that after the protos were first shown. Something about his simplicity makes him look so lifelike on the shelf. Personally, my favorite is Goldfinger... but that's because the villains are my favorite.

Again, some crap pics... (sorry, dropped camera has ruined my sharpness)...

Straight out of box, no futz at all...

View attachment 382975

View attachment 382976View attachment 382977

He looks great there amongst the manly men! Where have they all gone?

Not sure if you did this but if you push the arms upward it will raider the shoulder joint to square off the shoulder-line a bit. Greggo recommended that trick.

Back