Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BC sculpts are usually fine. It's the paint jobs that let them down. After seeing what Darren Carnall has done with their sculpts, I have no doubt that even if the paint job comes out a bit poor on Connery that the sculpt is definitely salvageable.

I got an updated delivery for Thursday, then another one for Friday! No worries, just the hassle of actually having someone at home to wait for it for me!

The BC sculpts are usually fine. It's the paint jobs that let them down. After seeing what Darren Carnall has done with their sculpts, I have no doubt that even if the paint job comes out a bit poor on Connery that the sculpt is definitely salvageable.

There's no denying that there will be a lot to like about this figure, starting with the novelty value of having an official 1/6 scale Connery Bond. I would like to pick it up down the line, but I also have two new collecting rules that I fully intend to stick to - no secondary characters, and no figures that need more than one thing upgraded to make owning them enjoyable. I intend to get a Venkman repaint eventually but that's a special case - the first ever decent Bill Murray sculpt. With a BCS Bond you're talking a repaint, a new body, and possibly even a new suit (though hopefully not) with all the delay and attendant hassle of finding the right wrist pegs, foot pegs, sending the head off... I really enjoy my Blitzway Ghostbusters, they're slightly flawed but wonderful nonetheless. Bond will have to be like this for me to get him - 'salvageable' doesn't cut it anymore.

I never thought I'd say this: where's Optibotimus?

Sorry for the delay with Goldfinger. The video didn't save properly and cut off the last 6 minutes entirely. I had to repair it, re-render it and re-save it. All that took several hours to do.

Good news though, that stuff is done, the file is fine now and i'm uploading it to Youtube right now! 007 should go up early tomorrow as scheduled!

Fedex gonna charge me 50 bucks Canadian on duties and customs. I think for the Moore bond I'm just going to order it via sideshow and ship it to a us mailbox. Will be way cheaper.

Sorry for the delay with Goldfinger. The video didn't save properly and cut off the last 6 minutes entirely. I had to repair it, re-render it and re-save it. All that took several hours to do.

Good news though, that stuff is done, the file is fine now and i'm uploading it to Youtube right now! 007 should go up early tomorrow as scheduled!

GREAT!

Direct Link?

Good news Opti.

Pretty sure I know what it's gonna look like, good sculpt, un-sucky paint and frumpy outfit, BUT, it seems you really only need to futz the outside jacket (iron it properly, etc) to make this look pretty good. Same with Odd Job. The Connery outfit looks to be more problematic. I will watching on the big screen. GF's head (with close up) will be about 3 ft large, as it should. :lol

But you're 2nd rule is totally subjective.

I wouldn't say it's totally subjective. I think sometimes there's widespread agreement - with BCS it's that the bodies are floppy and the paint apps are poor. But yes, mostly subjective.

Anyway they're my rules, dammit!

The head sculpt look as good as the prototype but the finish production suit appears to not look anything like the prototype.
Both the Goldfinger jacket and Connery Bond suit look to be 1 size too small. Hope that is not the case

Back