Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Connery seems to be the biggest disappointment for me, I don't see a suit fabric pattern as they said they found and showed with the proto. This suit needs tons of futzing, lapel ironing, probably a white shirt replacement and I don't know how much that will help. I doubt even Wor-Gar can futz this to look decent.

Last edited:
Looks awful yep.

But that’s such an awful pic.

Almost like it’s a right of passage for the first pictures of a thing to be like the worst light /quality/ pose etc.

So we will see like tomorrow or whatever

But so far about what I was expecting. About as good as they can do thier usual bad.

I doubt even Wor-Gar can't futz this to look decent.

No, I think I could press that suit into looking sharp. I don't think the cut is at, say, Yunsil level of course, but the bones are there. I can clearly see the tie is tightened too tight and high, causing the collar to ride up and look weird. Loosening the tie a bit and pulling it down, as well as pulling the collar tabs down and ironing them flat will go a long way to making the neckline look correct. The suit is no problem to get sharp.

Now the "broad shoulders" on the jacket may just not be there, which could be a problem.

Looks better there. Still the suit looks "off", needs alot of work. And it's looking more and more like this guy needs a replacement body so the suit will hang better on it. Still early though...

I'm sad they lost the gray buttons for incorrect black ones.

Also, the suit looks to be too tight -- 1 size too small could be a good way to describe it. But it could be a big-chested body that's making the suit look awkward as well. We'll all know more tomorrow.

But hell, I hope its just a body swap -- even HT figures require body swaps or adjustments half the time.

That prototype made my Yunsil cry. She's not anymore.

I'm sad they lost the gray buttons for incorrect black ones.

Also, the suit looks to be too tight -- 1 size too small could be a good way to describe it. But it could be a big-chested body that's making the suit look awkward as well. We'll all know more tomorrow.

But hell, I hope its just a body swap -- even HT figures require body swaps or adjustments half the time.

That prototype made my Yunsil cry. She's not anymore.

It's the buttons that make the vest pump out like that and make him look bigger in the chest

Hate to say it, but the frumpy outfits are reminding me an awful lot of the ones on the old Sideshow figures right now...

7713R_press01-001.jpg

I just mean the frumpiness and the general fit on the bodies. Clearly the detail is a whole lot better on these new suits.

Seems like the new suit may have the opposite issue: looks too small, whereas old Sideshow was way too full and blousy.

I'm hoping the new suit is just 'fitted'... and can be futzed to look sharp.

The worry for me would be if the head was too big, because that would turn an already cartoony sculpt into a real caricature. In that case you would want it on a larger body, but the suit is so tight it doesn't look as if it would fit on a larger body. I suppose something that's larger but very thin might work. Hopefully the photos are misleading.

Figure looks good to me.
I cancelled because I got out of 1:6 but the finished product is easily the best figure BCS have released IMO

From these photos shown I find the Connery sculpt the strongest part from the figure (also still like the BBkill version) but the suit looks like Barbie material.
I even fear ironing and futzing will not help much.

Oddjob looks like the only one I will probably order.
Maybe.

Yep the more I look at Connery and Goldfinger, the more I realized the jacket is just 1 size too small

A swap of a Coulson body or A slim might not even help the suit as the body swap might throw the head
Size off and you will then have the bobble head look.

what a pity. The Connery suit does not look like it can be saved

How ironic .. Everyone was worried about the headsculpt and it looks like they turned out to be excellent
But the suit set turn out to be the weakest part of the set.

After seeing the Connery suit, I am so glad QMX got the ST license. The Star Trek line in the wrong hands being mass produced would have been a nightmare.

How could the suit have came out so small? I wondered what happen to the QA ?

Back