Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is old an outdated and while i have no nostalgia on this inferior peasant sideshow doll somehow it's one of my favorite it has some special charm. Took inspiration of the pose from the Sideshow 1/4 statue.
IMG_20231009_231116.jpg

Yeah, I have one lurking somewhere. I used the tux on my Craig as I never had one better.
too bad the glass cup has some sort of chip (not the nub mark), i dont remember dropping it i wonder if others have the same chip?

I can't say I noticed. I did recently throw out a load of SSC boxes though, I did keep the contents, but, I'm not sure where they ended up.

Those Sideshow figures were good for their time and didn't cost very much either. Sadly, the majority have aged like milk what with their questionable paint applications and now very chunky looking tailoring.

I think their George Lazenby was the best one; decent likeness and the blue snow suit doesn't look too bad with hot water treatment. It's a shame Babs allegedly got her hands on it all before we got a Daniel Craig..

Those Sideshow figures were good for their time and didn't cost very much either. Sadly, the majority have aged like milk what with their questionable paint applications and now very chunky looking tailoring.

I think their George Lazenby was the best one; decent likeness and the blue snow suit doesn't look too bad with hot water treatment. It's a shame Babs allegedly got her hands on it all before we got a Daniel Craig..
I have a feeling that Babs canned the license for 1/6 after she saw the SSC figures from the Brosnan movies. It must have taken a lot for BCS to get her blessing again, a debt they may still owe. Whether or not we ever see official figures again could still rest in her hands. If Mars get away with it, they could be the only mass produced figures we ever see.

I hope Mars "gets" it. They'll do the popular Bonds and villains and screw the "preordained order" that Danjaq seems to like to do.

I doubt I'd waste my time (a third time) with licensed figures from them. They take too long, they never finish, and they fill the line with low-ranking Bonds.

Hasn't the majority of Mars output been unlicensed figures of properties that are licenced? That wouldn't look good on their resume if they were looking to secure a license.

Hasn't the majority of Mars output been unlicensed figures of properties that are licenced? That wouldn't look good on their resume if they were looking to secure a license.

No, I didn't mean literally gets the license, that's why I put the quotes around the word. I mean, "gets" the license as they do all their "licenses".

I know they announced it... but they've announced alot of things and many have seen no light.

This is old an outdated and while i have no nostalgia on this inferior peasant sideshow doll somehow it's one of my favorite it has some special charm. Took inspiration of the pose from the Sideshow 1/4 statue.
View attachment 668373
I remember at the time, this figure won some award for best sculpt/likeness. I don't remember the specifics, but it was widely considered to be one of the best 1:6 figures of the year, and easily the best Bond figure ever (i.e. even the tux was designer made). It really was a great Connery Bond back in 2002, so much that I bought two, but the funny thing is I showed it to a friend, who wasn't a collector, and she just laughed at it. Said it didn't look anything like Bond/Connery, and generally looked like a stupid toy. I guess she saw the reality that I refused to at the time.

No, I didn't mean literally gets the license, that's why I put the quotes around the word. I mean, "gets" the license as they do all their "licenses".

I know they announced it... but they've announced alot of things and many have seen no light.
Ah, gotcha!

WOW, someone on one of the Bond group sites I'm a member of just uploaded some pics of the Big Chief Dalton figure..... DAMN this one would have been righteous!! A great entry that never materialized, but hope whoever the sculptor is will do a release of the head sculpt themselves... I'll be down for a few!!

And their Q looked pretty good as well.....

Attachments

• bc dalton.jpg
    bc dalton.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 0
  • bc dalton 2.jpg
    bc dalton 2.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 0
  • bc dalton 3.jpg
    bc dalton 3.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 0
  • bc dalton 1.jpg
    bc dalton 1.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 0
  • bc Q.jpg
    bc Q.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 0
WOW, someone on one of the Bond group sites I'm a member of just uploaded some pics of the Big Chief Dalton figure..... DAMN this one would have been righteous!! A great entry that never materialized, but hope whoever the sculptor is will do a release of the head sculpt themselves... I'll be down for a few!!

And their Q looked pretty good as well.....
Thank you for posting this and it looks great. Now I am extra sad that it won’t get released. I agree that if the sculptor would release a painted version of the sculpt, I would get it.

Back