Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I thought Dalton did a good job in his two outings, It was maybe too much of a change of direction from the Moore years for audiences to accept Dalton as Bond at the time.

Personally I would love to of seen Lewis Collins given a chance at Bond, I think he would of been superb in the role.
Anyone familiar with British Series The Professionals will know what I mean

Anyone Fancy a Ford Capri in 1/6 (y)

Lewis Collins apparently auditioned when they were contemplating Pierce Brosnan, but, they thought he was too 'aggressive'. Their loss, he then went and showed them how it should be done in Who Dares Wins.

I'd rather them not. The figures would end up at almost double the price and include far less than they currently are. Mars is currently doing like 2-3 headsculpts with a good number of their figures plus an plethora of accessories. I doubt we'd see that if they became a legit company. I'd rather them stay "3rd Party" while producing figures with official quality.

Gotta agree. I had never seen the Dalton films before and tried a couple months ago. I fell asleep on the first one. Never made it to the second :lol
Watch those C+D's start flying. If a big splash is made about Bond figures, word will get back. There are lots of 1/6 pages on FB and an official Bond page, it'll only take one "Look at these!" post and Mars are done. They're getting away with it so far because the IP's they are doing are of dead things like the TV Batman, go for existing stuff and it gets trickier. With the internet it gets ever harder to fly under the radar.

We can be discrete, but, you can't police everybody

WOW, someone on one of the Bond group sites I'm a member of just uploaded some pics of the Big Chief Dalton figure..... DAMN this one would have been righteous!! A great entry that never materialized, but hope whoever the sculptor is will do a release of the head sculpt themselves... I'll be down for a few!!

And their Q looked pretty good as well.....
Those protos looked excellent. A pity it all went belly up.

Nice picture.

Undoubtedly, we'll get another set of Goldfinger characters -- though it would be only the 2nd iteration of Goldfinger himself. I would hope they would be wise and do The Spy Who Loved Me as their 2nd effort -- new Bond, and his best nemesis, Jaws.

After that, have at it. Personally, I'm old school, and would love anything from the Connery era -- Grant, Klebb, Largo, Blofeld.

I'd also love a Nick Nack from the Moore era.

Nothing interests me in Dalton or Brosnan's run -- though I know for many of you, that is your Bond era. Dalton had completely forgettable villains and Brosnan only had one or two -- Onatopp and that albino Asian guy with the diamonds in his face is all I truly remember.

I would however get into the Craig line, with Le Chiffre, Silva and Blofeld.
I thought Robert Davi's Sanchez was a better villain than anything the Brosnan movies served up.

Better too than most of the camp villain's from the Moore era.

Yeah I thought Dalton did a good job in his two outings, It was maybe too much of a change of direction from the Moore years for audiences to accept Dalton as Bond at the time.

Personally I would love to of seen Lewis Collins given a chance at Bond, I think he would of been superb in the role.
Anyone familiar with British Series The Professionals will know what I mean

Anyone Fancy a Ford Capri in 1/6 (y)

I think Cubby was a little shortsighted and maybe wanted a bigger international name in the role. Especially after Moore's long tenure.

But oh what could have been...Collins as Bond along side Jackson as M.:cool:

No, not at all. The movies were just so rotten bad. Poorly shot, directed, written and choreographed. They looked like bad TV movies. And no memorable plots nor memorable villains. Dalton himself was solid, but there was little else to admire in those very weak two films.

I'd argue The Living Daylights remains one of the best written Bonds to this day. It's an engaging cold war espionage thriller combined with a classic Bond action and a few whimsical elements (it was originally written with Moore in mind). The triumphant return of the Aston Martin, this time in the form of the V8 Vantage Voltane, where british sophistication meets american muscle car sturdiness. The final John Barry score is a perfect blend of classical music and 80's contemporary sounds. Bond switches well between being charming, a believably cold-blooded assassin and a vunerable human.

Licence to Kill - what's not to love?
-It was the first time Bond went rogue.
-Q finally becomes part of the action with his meatiest role of the series.
-It is in parts inspired by Kurusawa's Jojimbo. The way Bond has to be quick on his feet to create trust with the villain while planting seeds of distrust amongst his syndicate is very clever. I don't think this element has been taken to this level before or since.
-Dario's (Del Toro's) diabolic stare just makes him one of the most disturbing side villains in the franchise.
"Don't worry. We gave her a nice... honeymoooon!"
-The film has more of a Lethal Weapon edge to it (not only because Michael Kamen scored both). The entire truck chase finale is just as phenomenal as ever.

FYEO was Moore's only truly down to earth 007 outing.... and when he kicked the car off the side of the cliff... EPIC FLEMING BOND!!

-Dario's (Del Toro's) diabolic stare just makes him one of the most disturbing side villains in the franchise.
Another great villain. And one of my favourite actors. He did more acting with that one gold tooth in LTK than Goldie could manage with a full mouthful of them in TWINE:giggle:

I think Cubby was a little shortsighted and maybe wanted a bigger international name in the role. Especially after Moore's long tenure.

But oh what could have been...Collins as Bond along side Jackson as M.:cool:
Now that would have been brilliant! Would have made more sense than a younger Judi Dench in the Brosnan movies and older in the Craig movies when they were supposed to be earlier in his career. I really wanted Sean Connery to have played M in the Craig movies.

Now that would have been brilliant! Would have made more sense than a younger Judi Dench in the Brosnan movies and older in the Craig movies when they were supposed to be earlier in his career. I really wanted Sean Connery to have played M in the Craig movies.

But each Bond is a reboot so that never needed to make sense.....right?

The living daylights is one of my favourite bond movies and LTK was pretty hard hitting as a kid ... sharks yikes! If Dalton had done Goldeneye it would have been perfect but as it was it is the only Brosnan bond I enjoy. Dalton is the closest to the bond of the books and Craig is a less sophisticated version of his Bond in my opinion.

Watch those C+D's start flying. If a big splash is made about Bond figures, word will get back. There are lots of 1/6 pages on FB and an official Bond page, it'll only take one "Look at these!" post and Mars are done. They're getting away with it so far because the IP's they are doing are of dead things like the TV Batman, go for existing stuff and it gets trickier. With the internet it gets ever harder to fly under the radar.

We can be discrete, but, you can't police everybody
Mars has more than just one name under their belt so they could always just put it under one of those just like how their HT '66 Batman and Robin KO's were under "Saturn Toys". And they could always make up a new company name to release any Bond related items.

While I'm not dismissing the possibilities of C&D's, you're making it sound like we haven't gotten unlicensed Bond figures in the past, many of which weren't that long ago at all, none suffering from any C&D's. BlackBox Toys who made many Craig Bond figures (7 or 8 of them I believe-maybe more) plus a Paloma and Madeleine Swann had no problem with their figures getting released and neither did Eleven or Black8 Studios; so, I don't see why Mars would be any different or the special case that gets the C&D over those others :dunnoBlackbox even used the Spectre, 007 and No Time To Die logos on their boxes and still nothing happened.

I think you're worrying a bit too early about these when all we currently have from Mars is an unfinished render of a Connery sculpt.

Last edited:
A shame the BC Dalton and Q figures never happened. They should sell the sculpts to Did, who made some "Bondesque" figures in the past. Their Roger Moore figure was excellent.

I do think BC made some odd choices with the line. Releasing 3 figures at once, at £230 each, meant collectors were facing a bill of about £700. Not everyone has such disposable income on tap.

Mars has more than just one name under their belt so they could always just put it under one of those just like how their HT '66 Batman and Robin KO's were under "Saturn Toys". And they could always make up a new company name to release any Bond related items.

While I'm not dismissing the possibilities of C&D's, you're making it sound like we haven't gotten unlicensed Bond figures in the past, many of which weren't that long ago at all, none suffering from any C&D's. BlackBox Toys who made many Craig Bond figures (7 or 8 of them I believe-maybe more) plus a Paloma and Madeleine Swann had no problem with their figures getting released and neither did Eleven or Black8 Studios; so, I don't see why Mars would be any different or the special case that gets the C&D over those others :dunnoBlackbox even used the Spectre, 007 and No Time To Die logos on their boxes and still nothing happened.

I think you're worrying a bit too early about these when all we currently have from Mars is an unfinished render of a Connery sculpt.
It's a question of how well you can fly under the radar. Not being on the wrong radar helps a lot.

It's a question of how well you can fly under the radar. Not being on the wrong radar helps a lot.
That could be said about any unlicensed 3rd party figure from a popular property though :dunno again, I don’t see what would make the specific Mars versions the ones that get popped when previous ones never did. Time will tell for sure, but right now, I’m not going to fret over something that is years away from being made if at all.

I just saw a news story that said don't hold your breath for Bond to be back on the big screen any time soon. Apparently Barbara says they have a lot to do to modernize Bond for his next run, before even beginning to recast.
2892078802.gif

That could be said about any unlicensed 3rd party figure from a popular property though :dunno again, I don’t see what would make the specific Mars versions the ones that get popped when previous ones never did. Time will tell for sure, but right now, I’m not going to fret over something that is years away from being made if at all.
Indeed.

Back