Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E839FAEC-A485-47D3-A0D4-51FC7B95C58D.jpeg

Hello everyone can you show me some Real picture of the roger moore big chief in particular the head sculpt to make a final decision to buy?thanks a lot

Hi everyone what do you think about this figure (Sean Connery) I want to buy some opinions about and some Real pictures of HS?thanks a lot

Last edited:
That’s a great looking villain shelf!! I still want to get Baron Samedi at some point.. i passed on Oddjob for Goldfinger but both look incredible!
He’s on sale on BCS website right now. He’s an incredible figure to be honest, one of their best. Solitaire is discounted too but I just haven’t been able to pull the trigger on her. Always thought the paint job on that one was severely lacking.

After opening the Bond… which id probably give a 5/10... I was apprehensive to open Dr no. Just not really looking forward to how I’d go about getting a replacement outfit and generally figuring out what to do with it.

I finally got around to it last night and was happy to see that it’s much more salvageable than the Bond was more like a 6/10. With some tweaks I knew I could get it to about a 7.5 out of 10 maybe an 8 which in all honesty is what I expected and something I can be happy with.

It seems the prototype tailoring, as better as it was, was less off in material and construction than the God awful tuxedo from Bond was.

Still too thick and awkward I found that very firmly ironing the pleat in the pants helped as well as cutting off the excess material at the inside of the shoulder line where the shoulder pad was stitched to the inside of the jacket helped crispen the shoulders. I glued the side flaps of the jacket down so they flared out less… That’s about all I could do with the outfit and it still looks less crisp than the prototype, but it is what it is… the rest came down to the body.

One trick I use almost exclusively is using the worldbox at-011 body for all my suited figures or guys who need a bit of a tailored look. I cut the neck off and dremel in a socket for the neck/head. This is nice becusse you can go as deep or shallow as you want, especially helpful for characters with odd proportions such as Dr No’s unusually long neck (the fact the final product is virtually neckless is a huge issue)… I also like it because it’s all solid plastic and I can shave it down with a dremel as much as I want to get it to fit any suit or outfit I like. These bodies articulate a bit less than a hot toys but for a suited guy it has all the points you need I find that the shoulders being more square and the arm proportions help a lot but the forearms tend to be too short so I often swap them with hot toys. I didn’t need to do that here but I did swap the calves with hot toys to shorten him up a bit. You will also see that I often use athletic tape to beef up areas I need to. Athletic tape is great because it’s soft and flexible and won’t hinder articulation crunch or dry up. These bodies also have these creepy micropenises on them… I castrate those too…

He also needed black wrist pegs so you could have his arms bent and give the seamless look if the long gloves… the fact that the big chief figure came with flesh colored pegs is moronic...

I liked the base of the paint. So weird how the BC bonds look so much more cartoony than their villains do, much like Goldfinger I found myself not feeling a full repaint would help much and I just went into his wrinkles and lines and accentuated it specifically at the top of the eyelids to darken them a lot. The eyelids were most important to accentuate to replicate that odd latex prosthetic they used to make him look more Chinese. I also painted the black line for his mouth and refined his hairline. Basically just crispened the details. I think the portrait is pretty nice. More than satisfied with it.

Now with these tweaks I’m happy enough with Dr no. Pity he still looks like a walking couch with this ridiculous suit material, a far cry from the elegant linen he wore in the film. Nevertheless An essential and welcome addition to my bond collection.

God help the Bond though… I don’t know who’s I’m going to fix that one

Yes, Dr. No was the offspring of a German Methodist missionary and a Chinese girl and was conceived via the missionary method (joke). Joseph Wiseman was Jewish I believe and similarly with the Miss Taro character, a British actress, Zena Marshall was made up to look Eurasian. Dr. No in the books was modeled after the Fu Manchu novels that Ian Fleming read while he was a school boy. He was taller than Bond and bald and had some facial features surgically altered and he had the appearance of gliding when he walked. I got the impression that he looked like an alien.

Last edited:
Yesterday arrived my Roger Moore big chief number 133 of 1000 good clothes I choose in particular for clothes shoes etc...likeness enough...
A good item what do you think?first pictures

Attachments

• 20220506_152718.jpg
    20220506_152718.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220506_200735.jpg
    20220506_200735.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 43
The Dr. No Bond does some have issues, but I’m happy to have him. The tailoring and body are problematic, especially with the exposed wrist joints. But I like the sculpt and personality overall.

What’s funny is mine came with a Flash Gordon base, but it doesn’t look too bad, so I’m not losing sleep.

I will say it is sad that that the GF Bond from 5 years ago has none of the Dr. No Bond’s flaws, and is a much better figure overall.
A6B501CB-4203-4A96-A384-8C844426E922.jpeg

You have the Dr No Bond looking good there! I disagree on the GF version being better though, as there's no disguising the poorly tailored suit.
You should try contact BCS and ask for a replacement stand, as it's obviously a factory error.

You have the Dr No Bond looking good there! I disagree on the GF version being better though, as there's no disguising the poorly tailored suit.
You should try contact BCS and ask for a replacement stand, as it's obviously a factory error.
Thanks!

I don’t know. I prefer the tailoring and material of the GF over the DN, hands down. The dinner jacket is too snug and short, and I hate that the shirt cuffs can’t cover the wrist joints in any action pose. I never had these issues with the GF.

Last edited:
Roger came out the best. Sad for Connery. He deserves better.

Considering the movies are mostly guys in suits, I doubt BCS will fair any better with other Bonds. Too bad they couldn't do Connery in his black spy outfit from Goldfinger which is similar to Moore's.

Back