Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a very similar custom with the same bbkill head... and despite the fact that I find that bbkill head small and, in hand, doesn't really look much like Connery, it still looks miles better than the overall BCS. Put the BCS head on that custom and you have a superior Dr No Bond.
That's what i'll probably end up doing. But it's a shame they couldn't get the tux right, as a midnight blue tux is hard to find on the third party market.
Then again after recently watched Dr No again, you can't really tell weather the tux is midnight blue or just black:giggle:

I'm glad I passed on this whole line. I was hoping for a Craig or Dalton, but looks like they won't get made now.

I manged to remove the piece of excess material from the shirt collar, and got the overcoat to sit a little better than it was.
Going to swap out the body and rejig parts with my old custome to see if it might improve things.

I've only just realised how smaller and cheaper looking the backdrop is from the LALD release...everything downsized, except the price of course:(

DSC_0149.JPG
DSC_0151.JPG

The accessories are all very nicely done, especially the box with the removeable W-PPK.
And there's even a full deck of playing cards (I counted them:geek:), with blank-white backs, that are accurate to the movie scene.
Just a pity that a silencer for the guns wasn't included as well.

DSC_0159.JPG
DSC_0157.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

My Sideshow account shows this has shipped but there is no tracking number provided.
That's the first time that has happened. I have always been provided a tracking number.
I'll have to give them a call.:confused:

The accessories are all very nicely done, especially the box with the removeable W-PPK.
And there's even a full deck of playing cards (I counted them:geek:), with blank-white backs, that are accurate to the movie scene.
Just a pity that a silencer for the guns wasn't included as well.

View attachment 579101View attachment 579102
View attachment 579105
Because there’s instructions in the accompanying paperwork for attaching a silencer to the PPK, I searched through all the packaging in vain for a loose silencer and even perhaps if one was taped somewhere in the clear trays 🤨

I've only just realised how smaller and cheaper looking the backdrop is from the LALD release...everything downsized, except the price of course:(

View attachment 579073

Great effort! That coat does help hide the flaws of the tux. I think that's about as good as it can get.

This figure should be a tutorial on "how a company exits a line".

I think you said it best: everything's cheaper and smaller, except the price.

Because there’s instructions in the accompanying paperwork for attaching a silencer to the PPK, I searched through all the packaging in vain for a loose silencer and even perhaps if one was taped somewhere in the clear trays 🤨
I think it might have been an error on the instructions sheet, as there's no mention anywhere else of a silencer as an accessory.

Back