Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rough guess would be painted BBKill or a recast thereof.

Looks better than the bbkill that I have. But then, that sculpt always photographed better than it looked in hand.

Mine looks a bit like some Russian dude in hand but when the camera lens compresses the face, it makes a fine Connery.

As nice and all as it is to have the hat and coat, the coat collar is terribly tailored.

Again, how this passed QC is baffling! Maybe they just didn't care...

BCC.jpg

A publicity photo of Sean wearing the Homburg hat got me inspired to modify my old custom head sculpt...

After sawing off the top of the sculpt, i then made a cast of the inside of the hat using some Milliput.

The new hat plug is then aligned and glued into place. Now the hat can sit snug, but can also be removed.

View attachment 581589View attachment 581599
Is the Homburg from the BCS exclusive Connery figure?

the hat shape is wrong as well. The color really is not accurate at all, as you said.
It's actually very easy to get the resource materials, as the shop that made the very same hat still make and sell them to this day, Lock and Co hatter.. which is also based in UK. So they can actually visit the shop to ask more about the Bond hat to get the correct shape and color.. or online purchase the hat itself, at least.

the hat shape is wrong as well. The color really is not accurate at all, as you said.
It's actually very easy to get the resource materials, as the shop that made the very same hat still make and sell them to this day, Lock and Co hatter.. which is also based in UK. So they can actually visit the shop to ask more about the Bond hat to get the correct shape and color.. or online purchase the hat itself, at least.
The hat shape and colour are pretty accurate. It's just the hat band that needed some sheen to it.

Maybe your thinking of the trilby he wears during the car chase?

That make a huge difference, particularly the eyebrows.

I really want to get this head but I missed out on Toy Anx dump already and I doubt any will show up on ebay. I suppose there will be the ususal KO available soon but those are never as good -- small or warped or dismal paint.

Back