Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they should of made a Honey Rider fig instead, she made much more of an impression on me then Dr No did.

890365.jpg

Not much material would have to of been used either. :monkey5

I think they should of made a Honey Rider fig instead, she made much more of an impression on me then Dr No did.

890365.jpg

Not much material would have to of been used either. :monkey5
A Honey Rider next to Bond on the shelf would look pretty hot alright! I'm guessing the reason they didn't make one was due to the cost of a seamless body.

Last edited:
A Honey Rider next to Bond on the shelf would look pretty hot alright! I'm guessing the reason they didn't make one was due to the cost of a seamless body.
R.gif
the other reason is the possibility of misuse of the statue ....LOL

Yeah, that shoulder holster is absolutely ridiculous for a sixth scale figure in modern times. Even if it’s something from when they first announced it like four years ago it would be unacceptable. That’s just one of many problems with this release. It just looks very cheap.

The weird thing is the Roger Moore Bond is a fairly good release. Not perfect, but far better than this new Connery. I don’t have the first Connery figure so can’t speak to its quality as much.

No Futuzing will help if the suit and coat are not tailored correctly to the body for the figure. Coming from the customs, I know you have to put in the
extra effort on the right body for the character before the suits will ever look right. In this case, I wondered if they are again using the old GF Bond body because if they are , then we are all in trouble and Connery will have the build of
Toby . Arggh

Hopefully the head to the body is the right scale but looking at even the close up with the holster and head, the head even look like it is oversized .

so disappointed. I might just use the head assuming the head is not overscale . If it is, then the set will be not much us use other than the accessories.

Last edited:
People pay HT prices for these? Baffling. I’d rather have no figure than a subpar figure just because it’s the only option. Yet to see a BCS figure that looks worth the money, even their prototypes aren’t great.

People pay HT prices for these? Baffling. I’d rather have no figure than a subpar figure just because it’s the only option. Yet to see a BCS figure that looks worth the money, even their prototypes aren’t great.

Sadly, all of this is true.

I was rooting for BCS in the early days. But now, in hindsight, I'm just... disappointed, to say the least.

Wow! Seeing these make me glad I didn't PO the Peaky Blinders Thomas Shelby figure. Such a shame how bad these came out. I'd almost say the downgrade is worse than Star Ace.

I bought a Moore Bond for a friend's Christmas gift and he looked really, really good. How did they get this Connery so terribly wrong?! Is the sculpt actually older than Moore? I'm not sure when they went on sale.

I tell you, if the 4th Doctor comes through in summer and it's not awesome I'm cancelling all my orders from them that day.

I’ve seen enough to cancel my order with Sideshow. Only had 1 payment left but got a full refund including deposit so nothing lost except my patience and last ounce of respect for BCS. I defended them robustly throughout nosegate but that “tailoring” is 100% unacceptable. My very first foray into 1/6 was the cigarette smoking man from the x files and that released back in 04 or 05 I think. The tailoring on both is comparable and that’s not me being OTT. It’s incredible that this was released looking like that in 2022.

I just received Bond via FedEx this morning.

First quick impressions:
In person, not too bad. The texture of the tux is not noticeable in person. Of course, that could be my old eyes :)

I haven't even had a chance to take the coat off yet. I'll probably keep him with the coat on to give him a bit more bulk.

I do like the sculpt but the paint is pretty flat. It could definitely be improved with a repaint.

The hands are stiffer than the previous releases. I liked the older more flexible hands. Not crazy stiff though.

He has one leg that you can't move to the side without it immediately bouncing back. The body is not great as he does not stand well without a stand.

The cardboard stock forthe background seems thinner to me than the previous releases. My other ones are packed away so it is possible I am remembering it wrong.

Overall, I am still glad that I purchased him.

Here is a quick picture:
51967351170_56a1020821_k.jpg

Wow! Seeing these make me glad I didn't PO the Peaky Blinders Thomas Shelby figure. Such a shame how bad these came out. I'd almost say the downgrade is worse than Star Ace.
As someone with a PO for that I'm having serious doubts. I'd be losing ~100€ if I cancel, but then I'd have to front another 350€ if I keep it. And it was Murphy's sig that pushed me to get it. I don't know, BCS figures are generally of a much lower quality than HT yet demand even bigger prices because of how niche the licenses are. I was holding out for a Brosnan Bond myself, but I just don't know anymore. I already couldn't put my DW figures next to my other ones, but this is just amateur hour. The Peaky figures have been delayed too much already, so who even knows what they'll even deliver?

I'll wait until they share some more recent pics and decide then. I just hope their Definitive DWs fare much, much better. I've already pretty much paid for my 12th, just two installments remaining, and he ships in goddamn 2024!

Thanks, AlanJG1, for the new picture. He does look better there. If anything negative caught my eye it was the strange ring-like collar. Perhaps you can pull down the collar tips a bit more.

Overall though I still feel this looks like a step backwards compared to their other offerings 2 years ago. Maybe not a step quite so far back as I was expecting after those initial pictures, but still some janky tailoring.

Thanks, AlanJG1, for the new picture. He does look better there. If anything negative caught my eye it was the strange ring-like collar. Perhaps you can pull down the collar tips a bit more.
My pleasure. The collar tips don't really adjust down and as mentioned in someone else's review the tie is sewn to the shirt.

Curious to see him once you've had a chance to futz him and close his jacket and get him looking dapper. I'm still eager to be convinced I should pick him up... I really want to.

It does look better in the new photo than the previous, but it's still a lesser release compared to the previous Bond figures. Also, I can't unsee that holster. I hope another company will get a shot at this license, since I would love to own a proper Dr. No Bond.

He does look better in that photo. The problem is, the people who ordered the regular version don’t have the option to cover up the awful tux. Am I right in saying that the overcoat and hat are exclusive to those who pre-ordered direct through BCS?

Back