Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr NO looks to be the better of the two. Connery's a tad cartoony looking again!
R.gif
and also, his head....is so oily

They're better than previous offerings that's for sure. Is Bond's nose just shiny or is that a paint rub on the tip? The Goldfinger one was notorious for paint rubs. Also, how tall is he? Is he the right height for Sean Connery? That would be a dealbreaker for me.
Not another paint rub issue! Yeah I remember the GF Connery figs were plagued by paint rubs on the nose. This will be beyond belief if the Dr No Connery figs have the same issue.

Yikes. I'm sadly not impressed. The portraits looks nice but the tailoring...

I might pick up Dr No despite the outfit that looks almost like Sideshow's from 2002.

I'm too disappointed in Connery to bother with him.

I assume that's the end of the Bond license with BCS.

Yeah I would agree these are probably the nail in the coffin for this line, sadly. After years of waiting and a return of potential nosegate issues and retro Sideshow tailoring for Hot Toys prices just aren’t going to cut it. I really wish someone with both the talent and enthusiasm for the license would get ahold of it. Bond is one of the most iconic film franchises in the world and it’s never really had a quality, expansive line. Sideshow did pretty good with it for the time but even someone doing smaller end figures like NECA could do some great things with the license.

Dr No looks okay.

It looks like they used the same fabric from Dr No's outfit for Bond's suit which does not work and not what was shown on the prototype.

Yeah.. neither one of them look particularly great if you ask me. The sculpts are okay, but the paint makes them look funny to me.

I’m happy enough with my Moore Bond, but I won’t add these to my collection. It’s a shame as I had hoped we would get a Dalton Bond, but it would probably take years to arrive and not turn out great.

Not good at all. Although like Flash Gordon these are old figures which BCS has been trying to get made since 2019.

If you look at their newer figures, like the WHO 3rd Doctor (which is really beautiful, and even the current Doc is pretty good) they’re night and day compared to these old offerings.

I haven’t lost faith in them yet. Let’s see how the new 4th Doctor and 6th Doctors turn out, plus the definitive 9-12 figures. Although the latter are polarising they look uncannily lifelike (which is why I think some think they look off, they’re almost too alive.) If these let me down I’ll give up on BC.

Just spoke with a guy on FB who knows the owner of BCS and he confirmed that the licence has now expired so these figures are the last in the line for now although he did say BCS are hopeful of getting it renewed. Make of that what you will.

They never should have been given the license in the first place let's all be honest.

Now that Queen is in the game, I would love to see them do it.

By the way, John from Queen Studios said in one of the livestreams that the license was available.

When he saw my summary spread across the forums, he backtracked on the next livestream saying they were unsure of its exact status but would be looking into it.

Just spoke with a guy on FB who knows the owner of BCS and he confirmed that the licence has now expired so these figures are the last in the line for now although he did say BCS are hopeful of getting it renewed. Make of that what you will.
That would depend on Babs, after the SSC figures it was years before she granted that license to anyone. If all she's seen are prototypes then you never know. If she's seen production figures, well....

I'll wait for more in hand pictures, but so far these Dr No figures look like a downgrade from Live and Let Die and even their Goldfinger figures. I would expect after two years and a move to a new factory that they would look better. Hoping for better anyway.

I don't know if Queen will want the license if it requires them to make "sets" like BCS did, with Connery and Moore and Dalton and some villains -- all figures they likely view as very niche at best.

I imagine Queen will just want to make Craig Bond, if they follow the trend in the Custom scene (where everyone is making Craig from Skyfall ad infinitum).

Back