Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He does look better in that photo. The problem is, the people who ordered the regular version don’t have the option to cover up the awful tux. Am I right in saying that the overcoat and hat are exclusive to those who pre-ordered direct through BCS?
Yes they were exclusive to those who gave full payment up front. But they might have them up to buy separately in a few months time.

Having Connery in the classic black tux (OK I know, midnight blue) is a must for a Bond display -- you shouldn't have to hide poor tailoring beneath a top coat.

Whether I had the coat or not, I'd likely display Connery in just the tuxedo, perhaps coat draped over one arm.

The question remains: how does this figure look when properly futzed?

Looking better in that last pic alright...but we need to see more please! :)

I'm still going to pick him up as he's my favourite Bond from one of my favourite movies.

If i don't like the tux in-hand, i'll pose him up to replicate this scene. It hides the holster too:D

BOND1 (6).jpg

It's just shocking that after the ill fitting Goldfinger suit they got the tuxedo all wrong, even after all these delays. It's weird to me how companies like verycool, toys city or pop toys can make decent suits but these guys can't even choose the appropriate fabric. I know the other companies mostly do clothing and accesoiries and not so much full sets but still:dunno
Even Supermad have better fitting outfits and their stuff is delayed as bad as BCS.

Having Connery in the classic black tux (OK I know, midnight blue) is a must for a Bond display -- you shouldn't have to hide poor tailoring beneath a top coat.

Whether I had the coat or not, I'd likely display Connery in just the tuxedo, perhaps coat draped over one arm.

The question remains: how does this figure look when properly futzed?
Yes we really need to see him properly futzed and posed up. Pity they didn't include a tarantula as an accessory, as i love that scene...

I'm wondering did they panic and rush these out in order to beat the impending covit lock downs in China? Hence they used the only material that was available on the tuxedos.
I just don't understand why they didn't use the same material as the GEEWHIZ proto.:confused:

I just don't understand why they didn't use the same material as the GEEWHIZ proto.:confused:

Probably because Gee Whiz can buy materials in low runs, if there's only 10 yards available then that's fine, because they're only making a few suits, but BCS needs a lot more than that.

Further, Gee Whiz is in the Philippines. The factories are in China. Just because Gee Whiz can find the material in the Philippines doesn't mean a factory can find the same material in China.

You may be right, but they used pretty much the same material as the protos on the Moore and Pertwee figures, which made me wonder why not the same on these.
This Connery release should have been the Creme de la Creme of all Bond releases...

This pisses me off immensely. I was so excited for these. Here’s a $20 tux set I threw on a spare DID Moore buck with head. It’s not amazing or anything but for basically $35 all in and $100 for the head and body, this looks exponentially better and more tailored and I didn’t even futz with it. Now I have to figure out if I can stomach eating the deposit…

Attachments

• A01CFBE0-210C-43A7-8098-520C82E2786D.jpeg
    A01CFBE0-210C-43A7-8098-520C82E2786D.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 0664A052-1037-46E4-AFB9-81DD5EF35D0D.jpeg
    0664A052-1037-46E4-AFB9-81DD5EF35D0D.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 78
The only 007 figures I own in my collection is the DID MI6 "Jack" and the OSK Craig head sculpt and outfit set from a few years ago inspired by SPECTRE.

There is another upcoming offering with more recent Craig head sculpt that was solicited about a year ago. I'm looking forward to that set.

As much as I want to add Connery, Lazenby, Moore, and Dalton to my collection, I'm fine with Craig for now. I'll wait and see if head sculpts of the other actors and/or really more superior/worthwhile boxed figure offerings arise compared to what is available/what was previously released.

This pisses me off immensely. I was so excited for these. Here’s a $20 tux set I threw on a spare DID Moore buck with head. It’s not amazing or anything but for basically $35 all in and $100 for the head and body, this looks exponentially better and more tailored and I didn’t even futz with it. Now I have to figure out if I can stomach eating the deposit…
I did something similar with a custom Connery figure, when the GF figures came out. I assembled a Vortoys grey suit, KO Connery head and generic body. The end result whilst not screen accurate to GF, nevertheless, looked a lot better than the BCS offering, simply because the suit and overall appearance was much sharper and better fitting. The fact it was a third of the price, was the final nail.

I did something similar with a custom Connery figure, when the GF figures came out. I assembled a Vortoys grey suit, KO Connery head and generic body. The end result whilst not screen accurate to GF, nevertheless, looked a lot better than the BCS offering, simply because the suit and overall appearance was much sharper and better fitting. The fact it was a third of the price, was the final nail.
So the question here: do I bite the bullet and lose the $80+ deposit for the two? I feel like Dr No is still probably fine albeit not as great as expected.

I have a few Bonds - two customs and the GF Connery and DID Moore - and so I’m debating…do I just get this and call it a day and, like you, slowly futz and customize along the way?

As someone with a PO for that I'm having serious doubts. I'd be losing ~100€ if I cancel, but then I'd have to front another 350€ if I keep it. And it was Murphy's sig that pushed me to get it. I don't know, BCS figures are generally of a much lower quality than HT yet demand even bigger prices because of how niche the licenses are. I was holding out for a Brosnan Bond myself, but I just don't know anymore. I already couldn't put my DW figures next to my other ones, but this is just amateur hour. The Peaky figures have been delayed too much already, so who even knows what they'll even deliver?

I'll wait until they share some more recent pics and decide then. I just hope their Definitive DWs fare much, much better. I've already pretty much paid for my 12th, just two installments remaining, and he ships in goddamn 2024!
Yea I completely know what you mean. I didn’t PO it simply b/c I wasn’t sure about BCS production quality, especially given what they’re charging for their figures. The layers that the Thomas Shelby figure has could prove to be too difficult for the production workers to make right especially if the production fabric ends up being too thick.

I really wanted to PO the 10th Doctor as a gift for my best friend, but not only is that sucker $350 but we also have to worry about if it’ll actually come out looking like a $350 figure (which I highly doubt unfortunately).

Guys

The last pics from one of the forum members with the trench coat look serviceable. But the Tux honestly is
a nightmare. The shirt and the bow tie
I don’t believe is going to work. And if you can only get the trench coat as a DX, then
I think it is game over.

The biggest issue is if the body use for the
new figures are the same one BCS use for
The first GF Bond , it is another game over situation .

That first body was very sad as the shoulder was extremely narrow and not workable.No new body would work with the original GF Bond suit. Ask me how I know.

I hope I’m proven wrong . I mean I’m not looking for custom fit like a $700 custom suit but …

Back