Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just hope Bond gets a better body this time, more broad shouldered and taller. A tux hat fit proper. I’ve given up hope on improved paint apps, but a better body and suit seems doable..?

Received FedEx tracking that my Bond from Dr No is scheduled to ship to me in New Jersey tomorrow from BCS.
I am really looking forward to this but slightly worried that there aren’t any sneak peaks of this right before the release.

My Dr No figures have arrived. First impressions are they are OK. The head sculpt paint has improved so the factory move has worked. Tailoring is good but both Bond and Dr No use pretty coarse, thick fabric for their suits. Bond’s tux jacket closes with a magnet which is a nice touch, and it seems the bow tie is attached to the shirt rather than being a separate piece.

Quick phone price straight from the box with minimal messing.

71BAF02D-87CF-4D44-A49E-805887348492.jpeg
FAE6BA0D-B956-4194-ABE0-588DD2C91167.jpeg
BB468A9A-1552-4FAA-A715-B69B7163A321.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, after years of waiting someone has finally received the actual figure. Looks just ok. I'm slightly disappointed at the end product though considering the long wait. The prototype looked better.

I agree. They look ok but not amazing. But the fact that they are finally out is in itself amazing.

The fabric weave on the Tux seems too thick (could be a photo thing). Looks more like corduroy.

They're better than previous offerings that's for sure. Is Bond's nose just shiny or is that a paint rub on the tip? The Goldfinger one was notorious for paint rubs. Also, how tall is he? Is he the right height for Sean Connery? That would be a dealbreaker for me.

I didn't want to say it. Nosegate might be back.
Oh man, looks that way. Disagree with Rogerbee respectfully, these look to be a step back from the LALD line which I really loved. As others have said, the material used on the clothes looks too coarse. That combined with what looks suspiciously like a nose rub has me hovering over the cancel button. Will await further pics. I ordered through sideshow so I have a little time.

Wow! Caught a bit of DN the other day on home video and that Connery portrait captures what I saw on screen, particularly the flared nostrils, lol! Brings to mind an early Fleming slight that SC impressed him as a snorting lorry driver, haha!

I preordered my SC from Cotswold Collectibles and I’m waiting for their “pay the balance” notification. Had to skip on the doctor due to budgeting constraints (because I also ordered the Flash Gordon pair!) which is okay since I have the SS version and its dated sculpt is partially obscured by the radiation suit.

I preordered from BCS to get the hat and coat but have a feeling that was a mistake.
The tux looked better in the solicitations but I guess I should have known better :(

1648232692843.png

Back