Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wLldyt3.jpg

The time wasted hasn't been used to improve these figures I doubt. They are still from 2018 or whenever we saw the proto. If improvements were made, we'd surely have seen updates.

I feel like the figures won’t be that improved either. I had hopes at one point for these Bond figures, but a four year wait is a joke. I can’t see myself purchasing anything else from Big Chief.

I guess we have to remember that their production is all done in China and they had some of the toughest Covid restrictions going, which is bound to have held things up. BCS aren't the only company to have had delays over the past couple of years.

I guess we have to remember that their production is all done in China and they had some of the toughest Covid restrictions going, which is bound to have held things up. BCS aren't the only company to have had delays over the past couple of years.
Also have to remember that the first 2 waves were blighted by delays too which was pre-covid. The loooong delays and nose rub issues on the first wave have really killed the enthusiasm and good will for this line. It’s such a shame. Still no inkling whether the line will extend beyond Dr No either and even if a new wave was announced tomorrow going by form it will be 2025 before they see the light of day.

Yeah, I don't know, HT, ThreeZero, and many other companies have all managed to deliver during covid within a reasonable amount of time. BCS has a notorious reputation for delays and long, long turnaround times, and well before covid.

Yeah, I don't know, HT, ThreeZero, and many other companies have all managed to deliver during covid within a reasonable amount of time. BCS has a notorious reputation for delays and long, long turnaround times, and well before covid.
I was going to mention this and have done earlier in the thread, it's an odd situation; Covid did cause delays indeed, but many companies and industries still delivered on time, if not a little late.
I work freelance in model railways as well as at a local model shop. Lots of models have been announced and released during the pandemic as well as shortly before: they were all still made in China and shipped by sea...

The bond I had with my doctor has been broken because when I asked for early treatment for Covid he suddenly became Dr. No.
I went looking for another doctor because I want to remain alive long enough to enjoy my BCS Bond and Dr. No. :lol

Look at a small startup company like EXO-6 who came into existence in the midst of the pandemic and released four figures last year alone and already have two coming soon this year. Yet here we wait for Big Chief.
I would look to the licensers rather than the licensees for answers there.

I would look to the licensers rather than the licensees for answers there.
Not my point. Big Chief is dragging butt with their already announced releases, and the pandemic shouldn’t be their excuse when other companies both large and small have been able to release figures.

Licensing shouldn’t have anything to do with production of figures that have long been announced and up for pre-order.

Back