Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite that, it’s going for big bucks these days. Well, people are asking for big bucks. Not sure if anyone is actually shelling out upwards of $750 for it.
The hefty price tag is more to do with it's rarity and being hard to find, than it's actually quality. Personally i wouldn't pay anymore than 250 for it...then again if Goldfinger was my favourite Bond movie i might think differently:)

The main problem I had with the Connery Bond was that it looked 1/7 compared to how Connery should be. He was next to other figures in the retailer's cabinet and he looked tiny. Sean was 6' 3" and no figure I've seen has ever reflected that. You can't just put a Connery head on any standard body and go "That'll do!" Then of course you face the problem with tailoring, put a BCS suit on a body that would be the correct scale height and the trousers would be way too short.

If Nanjin was a Bond fan as well as a Trekkie you'd stand a chance of seeing Bond done right.....

Hard to believe that Goldfinger Bond is from 2015 now. 7 years ago is a lifetime in this hobby.

I'll agree that the BCS Connery is the worst of the 6 figures offered, which is a shame. Hopefully Dr No Connery makes up for it.

I can’t believe that we’re still waiting on Bond and Dr. No from Dr. No. Big Chief seems super slow moving..

The main problem I had with the Connery Bond was that it looked 1/7 compared to how Connery should be. He was next to other figures in the retailer's cabinet and he looked tiny. Sean was 6' 3" and no figure I've seen has ever reflected that. You can't just put a Connery head on any standard body and go "That'll do!" Then of course you face the problem with tailoring, put a BCS suit on a body that would be the correct scale height and the trousers would be way too short.

If Nanjin was a Bond fan as well as a Trekkie you'd stand a chance of seeing Bond done right.....
Yea, I put my Goldfinger Connery on a more standard sized body that was a bit taller than the BCS body and the pants were definitely too short even with a minor body swap. With that, I still miss no longer having that figure though.

Hard to believe that Goldfinger Bond is from 2015 now. 7 years ago is a lifetime in this hobby.

I'll agree that the BCS Connery is the worst of the 6 figures offered, which is a shame. Hopefully Dr No Connery makes up for it.
This thread only started in Sept 16 with the announcement of the line and there was a long delay before we got the first batch of figures. Think it was late 2017 we got the Goldfinger line. Still, 6 figures in 5 years is unacceptable really.

How are the big Chief Bond figures? I want to have some 007 figures and was eyeing the new dr no version is Sean Connery but never owned a figure from them.
I have two Big Chief Bonds - the first Goldfinger Connery Bond and just recently got a good deal on the Live and Let Die (unofficial Moore) Bond figure. My Goldfinger Bond came with two head sculpts because one had a common error paint nick at the tip of the nose. That extra sculpt may come in useful for a custom Bond project.
Big Chief used a terrible body for their Goldfinger Bond figure and messed up the tailoring of the classic suit, otherwise it would have been a fine figure. It's still a good Connery Bond, but not perfect, and I hope they do better with the next Dr No version. I really like the Live and Let Die Bond, more than I thought I would. The sculpt and outfit are all great, even though there isn't much in terms of clothing or accessories. Big Chief needs to do follow up from another Moore Bond film to give us more outfit options.
I just got a shipping delay notice today from Sideshow to say the Dr No Bond figure will be pushed to February-April. I never expected it to ship this last month or even during this new window, but the shipping delay notice tells me it will likely be many more months before this thing starts to move anywhere. May as well give it until the spring or summer at the earliest.

Last edited:
I have two Big Chief Bonds - the first Thunderball Connery Bond and just recently got a good deal on the Live and Let Die (unofficial Moore) Bond figure. My Thunderball Bond came with two head sculpts because one had a common error paint nick at the tip of the nose. That extra sculpt may come in useful for a custom Bond project.
Big Chief used a terrible body for their Thunderball Bond figure and messed up the tailoring of the classic suit, otherwise it would have been a fine figure. It's still a good Connery Bond, but not perfect, and I hope they do better with the next Dr No version. I really like the Live and Let Die Bond, more than I thought I would. The sculpt and outfit are all great, even though there isn't much in terms of clothing or accessories. Big Chief needs to do follow up from another Moore Bond film to give us more outfit options.
I just got a shipping delay notice today from Sideshow to say the Dr No Bond figure will be pushed to February-April. I never expected it to ship this last month or even during this new window, but the shipping delay notice tells me it will likely be many more months before this thing starts to move anywhere. May as well give it until the spring or summer at the earliest.

I want your Thunderball Bond. :)

Yea, I put my Goldfinger Connery on a more standard sized body that was a bit taller than the BCS body and the pants were definitely too short even with a minor body swap. With that, I still miss no longer having that figure though.
The one Connery surprise was the SSC Henry Jones. The standard body looked like he was on his knees, then, when I switched to a taller body, the suit still fitted him! Major sigh of relief there!

The one Connery surprise was the SSC Henry Jones. The standard body looked like he was on his knees, then, when I switched to a taller body, the suit still fitted him! Major sigh of relief there!
Very true! Oddly enough, SS tailoring back then was always made a bit too big for those Prometheus bodies they were using. I transferred many of my original GI Joes (who for the most part had the same bodies as SSC Henry Jones) to much larger muscle bodies and the clothing seemed like it was tailored to the larger bodies rather than the ones the figures came with.

I think they knew we'd ditch the bodies the first chance we got, so, they made it easier for us when it came to swapping. SSC aren't daft when it comes to us customising, they've seen enough of our threads to know what we do.

Is the latest ETA we have on the Dr. No figs still end of Jan ‘22? Assuming there’s been no further updates since the last one.

I got an “item will be delayed” email from SS the other day saying they expect them in their warehouse Feb-Apr 2022.

Back