Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Photography of it can be tricky on him. With 10, he's hard to make look bad unless you use a flash. I think this was the best one of the ones I took as far as capturing the look and really showing off how great the expression is on the character:

I totally agree on the lighting. It makes all the difference in the world on this one compared to the other big chief figures

11348918586_5dd2e87211_c.jpg

I don't know, Jon, I personally would say that this is the very best photo I have seen of the #4 figure so far. You have got got him and shown exactly what this face sculpt is capable of. That face sells it. Can I suggest putting it up on BCS's FB page? They would love it!

...Took it out and Tom's foot fell off. -_- .

Not on my Tennant (don't have the #4 just yet) but that is exactly what happened to me with my Amy figure, out of the box...plonk!

Looks like I'll finally be able to pay for David and Tom by the end of the week. I won't get them by Christmas, but soon afterwards. They both look so amazing in the pics!

Even Tom, it looks to me like an excellent sculpt in the pictures, just not an expression which is usually highlighted of his.

I don't know, Jon, I personally would say that this is the very best photo I have seen of the #4 figure so far. You have got got him and shown exactly what this face sculpt is capable of. That face sells it. Can I suggest putting it up on BCS's FB page? They would love it!

Thanks! I did put a few up there, but I might put this one up, too. Over time, it's become my favorite shot of him that I've done. :)

As for the stands, the issue of them not working seems to be a problem that's popped up a few times, now. I wonder if it's down to some cheap wiring. I hope not, for long-term's sake.

I love gibbspaulus's photos! He needs a Sarah Jane from that story to go with him. :)

Well number 178 of 300 arrived today, and he's absolutely awesome. Very impressed, thank you Big Chief :clap

asu9use7.jpg

Doubt you can tell from my shabby phone pic, but I have removed the wire from my scarf, it hangs nicer now. I want a fan of the wire at all! It's dead easy to do.

asu9use7.jpg

Doubt you can tell from my shabby phone pic, but I have removed the wire from my scarf, it hangs nicer now. I want a fan of the wire at all! It's dead easy to do.

How did you remove the wire? I'm worried about damaging mine, but would love to try it.

Last edited:

Yep, do tell! I'm not into wired hems at the best of times.

JonWes, kl241; thanks for your kind comments.

Would like to know aswell. I find the wire to be quite hard to pose nicely, it's very stiff.

If you feel each end and find the point the wire stops, you'll notice the stitching is easy to pull apart and unpick one stitch, you can then slide the wire end out. You'll see it has a loop at the end which loops round a stitch, unloop it at each end and simply pull it out in one nice long bit of wire! It's easy and as it's only one stitch you need to unpick you'll not notice it once the wire is out. Does that make sense?

The wire is only connected by the one stitch at each end, so it's an easy pull out job.

If you feel each end and find the point the wire stops, you'll notice the stitching is easy to pull apart and unpick one stitch, you can then slide the wire end out. You'll see it has a loop at the end which loops round a stitch, unloop it at each end and simply pull it out in one nice long bit of wire! It's easy and as it's only one stitch you need to unpick you'll not notice it once the wire is out. Does that make sense?

The wire is only connected by the one stitch at each end, so it's an easy pull out job.

Riiight. I'm partially sighted so this'll be a scream. Luckilly I bought the other half a magnifying glass for his desk - that'll come in handy!

Riiight. I'm partially sighted so this'll be a scream. Luckilly I bought the other half a magnifying glass for his desk - that'll come in handy!

Just take it slow mate, I did mine mainly by feel. Let me know how it goes.

Will do, lol. I never knew my geekness would result un futzing and removing wires from scarves!

I'd advice to take it out. Just noticed that the wire in 10's coat broke inside.

May have mentioned this before, but the fact he's wearing a similar costume to the old Mego/Denys Fisher Doctor Who is a point of nostalgia for us more, er, mature collectors!

Also great to finally see a 12" Tom after several false starts over the past decade or so.

I need to find someone who can repaint mine. I think with that shadow gone and maybe a bit lighter overall tone, he would look just about perfect

Back