Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God. I feel very lucky with my 4 and 12. They’re certainly not high end but they look fine and as I expected.

The guy above is correct. Go to your credit card issuer or PayPal if you’re getting nowhere with Zavvi or BCS. I actually feel like people should keep the figures as well as get a refund, hence go the PayPal or CC direction. This is such an f up you guys deserve some compensation.
Thats what i intend to do. I won't settle for anything else. I wan't a full refund on my 4th order because i didn't receive him, and keep 10th to resell him and get enought money to either buy the 4th definitive or the reissue from BCS. Because i still don't trust them to send one back. And i lost several hours dealing with all this. Same things for 9th. I've got a head with one eye bigger, decals no centred, and hair not painted. How could they screw up reissue of several years old figures.

BCS got back to me via the support ticket system and are sending me a replacement button for my vest.
That's good news. Their customer service is always good, and i could never fault them in that department.

I sent them photos of the damaged coat and they said that they will replace it. I have to post them back the damaged one first though, but they'll reimburse me for the shipping cost.

Fingers(and toes) crossed that the new coat won't have any issues.

Thats what i intend to do. I won't settle for anything else. I wan't a full refund on my 4th order because i didn't receive him, and keep 10th to resell him and get enought money to either buy the 4th definitive or the reissue from BCS. Because i still don't trust them to send one back. And i lost several hours dealing with all this. Same things for 9th. I've got a head with one eye bigger, decals no centred, and hair not painted. How could they screw up reissue of several years old figures.
Hold on. You intend to keep a figure you didn't order and justify it because you spent "a few hours" on the phone? I hope I got that wrong. :lol

We should all do that to be honest. If they dont send a replacement and refund us instead, what do we do ? If you want 4th you either pay 100€ more for the definitive or for this one on BCS with shipping custom fees etc.. So we lost our time, and money and we should just say ok fine ? Arent you tired of people not doing their job right and you have to pay the cost ? Especialy when If you did the same mistake at work you would be fired or reprimanded ? Big company like that think they can do mistake like that i
and think we just have to accept it. Its just big toys i know, but still a lot of money, and for that much money i dont expect to have to lose my time and spend more money afterward because someone cant work.

Never thought I'd be in this situation, but due to the apparent lousy QC on this latest 1:6 run (and less than amazing 1st run), I'm actually considering skipping and using the money elsewhere or waiting a couple more years for the definitive line. Or if BCS announces a 3.75 Retro Who line to go with their Anderson Collection, going that route. I don't have the head start some of you already do, and if it takes something simple and 1/3 the size for them to deliver a quality product, so be it. On the plus side they'd be hella less expensive with what looks to be beautiful card art.

If i were you i would either buy the original for cheap (between the definitive and those the price should go down for some). Or straight up wait for the definitive. Save some money for them, they wont be out before a few years anyway, and buy the other you want with the rest. If you really want high end doctor who figures its the only option. Or maybe start the Robert Harrop line.

I'm considering returning mine. Not happy with the quality. I received the 9th and 10th Doctors and both look shoddy. If these figs were $60, I'd be fine with them looking like this but for over 200 a piece, no.

I really would get the definitive 4th for those unhappy because at least that figure isn’t far away (around March-April) looks great and has a ton of accessories. The tailoring should be great too considering their 3rd Dr.

I know some prefer the earlier outfit. Maybe ask BCS via their website if they have any spare outfits for their older 4th. They may well do. Ask if they’ll let you have them for a small price if you can prove purchase of definitive from BBTS.

Just thinking of ways around this because everyone deserves a 4th Doctor in their lives’s.

Worth waiting the definitive 9-12 too if you can fathom not getting them until spring 2024.

DSC_0241.JPG
DSC_0246.JPG

Looks great there. That the re-release head with Eldrad and stand from the original? What’s the clothing?

Looks great there. That the re-release head with Eldrad and stand from the original? What’s the clothing?
Eldrad's hand, Screwdriver and the hair piece(repainted) are from the original release. The rest is all ZAVVI.
I did shorten the neck though, as it's too long. And i added a new logo cover to the base.

Another issue with the ZAVVI version are the hands. None of the 4 included can hold the bag of Jelly babies:(

What's the latest timeline ETA again for 6th and The Master again? Is 4th Definitive for sure coming 1st or something change?

What's the latest timeline ETA again for 6th and The Master again? Is 4th Definitive for sure coming 1st or something change?

4th Doctor definitely first. Endless Covid restrictions (aka continued commie government control) aside, the figure is in production and they say it COULD be out before Chinese New Year in Feb, which of course means it won’t be, but I think March/April will finally have them turn up.

I doubt the Master, Jack, 6 , K9 and the Daleks will appear until about a year from now. The 9-12 definitives are going to be spring 2024 I just know it. Such a shame when the 60th anniversary specials will be the last time maybe ever that Who will cause a major sensation next year.

I think it’s safe to say that during Covid they had absolutely nothing in production (3 and 13 had already started before then) which must have been really stressful for them knowing how pissed customers would be. Therefore they’ve got a long line of figures to slowly get through.

Last edited:
Anyone know how Sideshow would handle the 3-payment preorder system for them? I've considered using points a few times now but with no release in the immediate future and things keep being pushed back, I've delayed too. Also waited for SOME kind of sale or free shipping. Something. But yeah, if they would pause the payments until an ACTUAL release date is known. Yeah that'd be great.

Those of you with 10's you didn't Order. May be a blessing in disguise if you offload quick lol.

Will BCS do a 14th Doctor ? or just a re-re-released 10th...:sneaky:

If they dared I think a riot would be reasonable! Their definitive 10th went on sale a year ago and won't be out for 18months ( perhaps longer.) As I said above, they need to fulfil definitive 4th, 6th, Jack ( I bought him but I'm thinking of cancelling because I'm not sure I really need him, a decision time seems to be making for me, we'll see) K9, the Daleks and The Master before they announce any more Who stuff.

They could get away with starting to announce figures for 5 and 7 when those above are all shipped and the 9-12 definitives are very much in production. The most they could or should do for 14 is release a change of outfit and maybe a new head sculpt for the definitive 10, which I admit would be fun, but they'd need to get on with that now to offer them when the figure releases. The further away everything comes out from the 60th the less interest there will be.

If I were them I would be screaming down the phone to China to surprise us and get everything out by November next year. That way they could announce several new figures which would get impulse buys after the upcoming excitement. If they keep things this slow and can't find a resolution for the snails pace (surely they could use two different warehouses) in the show's 60th year they'll lose out massively. They could try and find somewhere in India for the competitive prices as a thought, if there are indeed any actually great companies there which can match quality.

I would personally feel more comfortable buying stuff made in India as an aside. While their practices are still poor and political alignments questionable, they are a step up from China in every regard. Anyway.....

Last edited:
Last I heard, Tennant was only going to be a transition Doctor (probably only a Special), so there would be no need for a new product, but it should for sure reignite interest in his merch for a limited time and help sell that Definitive. Unless of course something has changed in the past 2-3 months I hadn't heard about. Honestly this is a smart move in the interim. Get people talking about Who again using a tried and true star power source and a smoother transition into the next (re)generation.

Back