Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and those getting the wrong figures from Zavvi should also contact BCS and really kick up a massive fuss. Especially if you have other stuff on order. They might send you a replacement without hassle.
Absolutely stalk BCS via their support on their website, even if you bought from Zavvi. It’s their product and their responsibility to return them. Don’t take no for an answer. I think they’ll back down.

Jesus. This is REALLY bad. Really sorry for you guys in the situation.

I’m pissed off BCS suddenly added signed versions of the figures after I’d bought them. Not a massive deal for me as I got the signed definitive 4th which I’ll get by the time just before my funeral but it’s really unfair for others.

I haven’t looked if they’re still available but I did contact them via their site and they said they’d send signed plagues for an extra £50. They can shove that. I’ll wait for the definitive.

I do get the impression they’re REALLY struggling, especially seeing them move into the 7 inch action figure market. They better not go bust and I lose out on the stuff I’ve ordered. It wouldn’t surprise me.
You get the award for most bipolar post of the day. You are pissed off but it's not a massive deal? :lol

You get the award for most bipolar post of the day. You are pissed off but it's not a massive deal? :lol

Read it again. I mean it’s not a massive deal for ME to lose out on the signed figure as I’ll get an autograph with the definitive 4.

The issue of people getting the wrong figures is horrendous and people should stalk BCS rather than Zavvi to sort it out. Don’t take no for an answer when they inevitably say no first. Reply and say you don’t accept that. Let them sort it for you and then they can take it up with Zavvi.

BCS cant help us with this matter. They just have their name on them nothing else. They cant help with refund and return as they arent the seller. And they cant exactly go tell zavvi how to act.

You got to be ******** me.

Screenshot_20221017-134525_Yahoo Mail_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard from Zavvi and I am screwed. They have no 4th Doctors to replace for sending me the wrong figure. I ordered mine nearly 2 years ago and I got nothing. I can only hope if can get my money back. I am going to send the 10th Doctor figure back, hopefully, and scratch Zavvi off my last list of vendors for figures.

Yeah I guess we were just destined not to own this figure. And naturally it's sold out now on BBTS and BCS.

There might be a couple other sites that have it, but I don't really want to pay $280 for a cheaper knockoff that may very well be plagued with QC issues.

Yeah I guess we were just destined not to own this figure. And naturally it's sold out now on BBTS and BCS.

There might be a couple other sites that have it, but I don't really want to pay $280 for a cheaper knockoff that may very well be plagued with QC issues.

If I were you I’d **** it off, send it back and then order the definitive 4th from BBTS (the only place it’s still available.) He looks much better and comes with a ton of accessories. Not worth battling for this cheapo stuff.

Yeah, the final seasons look wasn't that great, but I'm interested to see how it turns out. I still think the movable eyes are going to make it look weird, but it might work with tom's big eyes

What’s the difference between previous versions, and the ones sideshow have for preorder atm?

Specifically the 11th doctor. Is it just a reissue?

So what ? Those idiots sold more 4th than they had, and send 10th instead hoping we wouldnt notice ? And they are still selling him and lying to us about replacement ? How is that even possible. If they dont send the replacement they promise me, i would do anything i can to get refunded from paypal for this one and 9th thats coming today, while keeping them, sell 10th, and with the money buy it back from BCS if hes still available by then.

Yeah, the final seasons look wasn't that great, but I'm interested to see how it turns out. I still think the movable eyes are going to make it look weird, but it might work with tom's big eyes

Yeah it’s definitely polarising. I do love that look myself. I was born in 82 with an older brother who loved Who. He used to show me Tom stories and I remember loving his last three stories which obviously had him in that outfit.

For me it all depends on the quality of definitive 4th. If he’s later than April which they’re now saying, or he ends up being crap then I’ll cancel the rest of the stuff I have preordered and just make do with what I have already. Their really gorgeous Pertwee gives me hope.

BCS cant help us with this matter. They just have their name on them nothing else. They cant help with refund and return as they arent the seller. And they cant exactly go tell zavvi how to act.
BCS must take some responsibility for this mess. It's still their license after all. They shouldn't have started to sell these on their own site until ZAVVI had their back-log of pre-orders sorted out first. Weren't these supposed to be EXCLUSIVE only to ZAVVI ?

Yeah it's clearly a better executed figure... but I've just always sort of actively hated that burgundy outfit. Which I know probably makes me a bad DW fan, but oh well. 😄
LOB.gif

Seriously though, as much as i love the burgundy version, it was more of a 'costume' rather than clothes thrown together. And the silly ? marks motif on the shirt collar was a stupid idea.
Having the Doctor dressed more like a costumed Super hero was JNT's idea to try and make the show appeal more to a US audience. Alas it was the beginning of the end...

Back