Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

You can now order k9 for those in America Screenshot_20210316-115330_Facebook.jpg

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

You can now order k9 for those in America

Good grief, I can't believe what they're charging for this in GBP. I loved K-9 when I was a child but not sure I can bring myself to pay that much...

Yes k9 should have been twice cheaper. Or at least come with much more but still cheaper than that.

Just curious, but am I the only person who thought K-9 was annoying? It was mostly the voice, but I can't stand that thing.

I know this probably doesn't belong in a Tom Baker thread, but here's a preview they just showed of the new Definitive Tennant sculpts. And apparently they're going to incorporate moving eyes into these as well (which I can't say I'm too crazy about now after seeing how terribly that turned out on my Asmus Gandalf...)

FB_IMG_1616078744534.jpg

FB_IMG_1616078748571.jpg

Eh, not very good so far. Looks like a caricature of 10. Honestly, I thought their 2nd release with the blue outfit had a great sculpt and just needed good paint(common theme). Moveable eyes is cool in theory, but looks really weird when not pulled off well

Yeah the second sculpt isn't too bad, but doesn't really seem like much of an improvement over the Series 4 sculpt. Unless they're just counting on it having a much better paint job than that one did.

Oh no.... moving eyes.

Maybe better off using the money this would cost to pay for a top end repaint of the original sculpt.

How does Matt Smith look? They show him yet?

So to date there has been no Definitive Dr Who figure yet made and in customers hands, right? This Definitive thing is still just... coming soon.

I believe the new definitive 4th also has moving eyes

These Definitive heads will definitively look like mannequins like that Gandalf does with their sunken black eyes.

Moving eyes are usually more of a pain in the ass than they are worth, and in my experience even when done well often only look good/right in one or two positions anyway. I guess we'll find out how well, or not, this works to bcs stuff when the definitive/s18 Fourth Doctor hits.

As for the sculpts, I think the 'what?' face looks best, but I think a lot of Tennant's likeness is in the eyes and eyebrows, and his face changes quite a bit across seasons, plus he has a very expressive face to boot, so I'll wait to see a paint up before I fully judge.

At least it's not nightmare fuel like the toothy grin sculpt was... :lol

We should just make this thread the general Big Chief Doctor Who thread. (It already is, pretty much)

Back