Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If money's an issue the Zavvi re-releases of the older figures will cheaper than these. I'm guessing these are going to be very expensive with thr movable eyes, real leather jacket and so on.
Zavvi? Isn't that just a store for BluRays? I'm out of the loop.

BCS is expensive though. I've got a Tommy on PO and he's going to run me up 300, maybe 350 euros. A Hot Toys Thanos would cost me less.

Zavvi? Isn't that just a store for BluRays? I'm out of the loop.

BCS is expensive though. I've got a Tommy on PO and he's going to run me up 300, maybe 350 euros. A Hot Toys Thanos would cost me less.
We don't have Zavvi here on Canada so I'm not sure what they sell. All I know is they're getting re-releasws of Doctors 4,9,10,11 and 12 with less accessories.

I didn't mind their pricing before given that it's a niche line and they have to make money but the prices on K9 and especially the Daleks are just absurd. I'm guessing these new Doctors will also be at the top end of pricing as well.

We don't have Zavvi here on Canada so I'm not sure what they sell. All I know is they're getting re-releasws of Doctors 4,9,10,11 and 12 with less accessories.

I didn't mind their pricing before given that it's a niche line and they have to make money but the prices on K9 and especially the Daleks are just absurd. I'm guessing these new Doctors will also be at the top end of pricing as well.
Oh, I see. So they're not the full package but re-released.

BCS does charge a lot, that's true. More than HT and the quality's not the same. But I wanted my favourite Doctors so I'm in this line, for better or worse. But 300+ euros for the Tommy I have on PO is steep, especially when they can't get on HT's level. Still, I'll probably get a 12 at least and leave 9 for later. Dunno if I'll go for the re-release or these new editions. My Tennant's got the autograph, I wish I could get the others like that.

Yeah I bet these new versions will be very, very expensive...but based on what I've seen so far, they just don't seem worth upgrading to to me. Really hoping these are just a case of the usual initial bad pics/lighting etc combos as I really wanted to get that new 12 (my favorite Doctor) and possibly the new 11 too.

Was looking forward to these so feel a bit disappointed with the initial reveals, oh well never mind...*thinks of all the money she may save by not buying!!* :lol

Will wait for more pics to come through first before making that final decision.

Here’s a couple more pictures that showed up in the comment threads today (which were interesting in themselves with BCS’s replies…)
The figures look better here, and 10 at least comes with 2 headsculpts.

1937AFFE-69C8-44D3-82D5-BFE888C44AE4.jpeg
62B8081C-7BD4-4D1F-8D1A-A36341949D68.jpeg

I thought Matt Smith looked the worst and he's the one I want... so hoping his new pictures will look better too.

I wasn't considering Tennant, but I really like the picture, pose and attitude above.

Of course, once I see the price I know I'll say goodbye to all the Whos.

Here’s a couple more pictures that showed up in the comment threads today (which were interesting in themselves with BCS’s replies…)

View attachment 539171View attachment 539172

The shadows under Capaldi’s eyes are giving him an odd eyeliner effect. Hope he looks better under proper lighting. Those fluorescents don’t do anyone any favors.

Hope these aren’t ruined by the movable eyes gimmick. I don’t really care about that at all.

That alt 10 head sculpt looks a bit better than the other one. I still prefer my original figures of him though, their likeness is much better IMO.

Capaldi looks better there too. I don’t care much for the movable eyes thing either…probably something I’ll hardly (if ever) use.

View attachment 539171

Jesus Christ! What is Capaldi on here?! His eyes look totally mad, and not in a good way either! I really wanted him too but If he looks as insane as in this photo, I'll forget it. :(

I agree though Ten looks really good in this photo at least.

The individual elements look good but for some reason it’s not all fitting together. The hair definitely looks helmety and just flattered and more matte compared to their faces.

If people want them - awesome! But I’m not sure if there’s enough to upgrade my existing figures or for a newcomer not to opt for the cheaper Zavvi reissues.

I knew those eyes were going to be a problem for a first time attempt. They look awful when not done right. 9 looks good(looks rendered almost) and 12 looks horrific

Edit: saw a distance shot of 9 and he looks...like a vampire lol. Ugh

Back