Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just depends on the figure. So far, the classic Doctors have all risen in price:

1st Doctor - around $500 sold on Ebay
4th Doctor - around $500-$550
The other Doctors all hover around $180-$200 which is definitely cheaper. But those are all newer Doctors, which they have made more of in general.
EXCEPT: The red jacket 12th Doctor - I can't even find any recent listings for that

Eh. It's all over the place, like anything else. If you search the completed items there is a Capaldi that sold for $120, Weeping Angel for $99, a couple of Tennants for $170, a Smith for $190 it just depends. The older Doctors are definitely harder to find but I'm about 70% at selling my 4th Doctor and 1st Doctor and just sticking with New Who anyway, so if I end up hanging on to those then I'll hunt out Jon but I'm willing to gamble.

It just depends on the figure. So far, the classic Doctors have all risen in price:

The other Doctors all hover around $180-$200 which is definitely cheaper. But those are all newer Doctors, which they have made more of in general.
EXCEPT: The red jacket 12th Doctor - I can't even find any recent listings for that
From my understanding that's a very limited release that was only issued at one con or so. I wouldn't expect the red coat to roll around anytime soon if ever.

They have a red coat 12th up right now for about 1200. Only made 100 of them and was a con exclusive. Seems fair. The original 10th seems to go for that much. Which is a shame. It's the better sculpt.

Value is largely production run and quality based for these figures. Very few Weeping Angels or Peter Capaldis go up for sale due to how highly regarded they are - people just seem to hang onto these and seem to be reluctant to sell. The TARDIS replicas, Tom Baker and William Hartnell are massively over retail price already whenever they go up for auction. The Matt Smiths and David Tennants are quite erratic in their resale prices, which you'd expect due to the significantly larger numbers in circulation. Obviously, duds like Rose Tyler they can't seem to give away through retailers and on resale - and rightly so.

Big Chief have been smarter, and are restricting their production runs going forward. If the quality of this matches the prototype, I honestly don't see many of these going onto the second hand market for a reasonable price.

From my understanding that's a very limited release that was only issued at one con or so. I wouldn't expect the red coat to roll around anytime soon if ever.

Agreed. Unfortunately. :( :( I'd love that version, but they won't make it as it would undermine the Con release. Hopefully though there is another version of Twelve released at some point, as he is my favourite - the only Doctor I'd buy multiple figures of.

I assume you used a Hot Toys or other male 1:6 body with the head and outfit...
how does the end result look? Just curious....

I bought the vest and coat from him. Just used a regular pair of grey pants. Still need to make a cravat. Outfit was tailored to a standard knockoff. Needs futzing, but it looks pretty good.

9eMqICx.jpg

They've sold 300/500 in the first week - very strong sales, does not feel like there is much scope to wait around on this one.

That's impressive. Hasn't even been a full week yet.

I'm sure the next Tom Baker one will do equally well, which also bodes well for next years run of 80's Docs actually coming to pass, as well.

I think they have hit the sweet spot on production numbers, while still remaining financially viable, so hopefully they will power through the remaining Doctors without too much hindrance from here out.

Just a quick query, after the signature edition has sold out will the 'ordinary' version be available and will it be any cheaper?

Back