Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look back a few pages standard limited edition released to retail partners was announced prior to pre order as well unless things have changed

Thanks for that. I thought It was something like that. I'm not fussed about the extra items, just want the basic figure. Also If the standard version is a bit cheaper, well then all the better. :clap

But one final thing, call me stupid but who are BF referring to exactly when they say 'retail partners'?

Last edited:
Standard version confirmed to be the same price as Regular Retail Price but with less accessories.

Thanks for that. I thought It was something like that. I'm not fussed about the extra items, just want the basic figure. Also If the standard version is a bit cheaper, well then all the better. :clap

But one final thing, call me stupid but who are BF referring to exactly when they say 'retail partners'?

Any retail outlet other than big chief that sells big chief product. I would assume the usual suspects would carry it (i.e. Big bad toy store) but I'm not 100 percent sure. My plan was to purchase this way as well when it becomes available. I'd prefer to not go directly through bc

Standard version confirmed to be the same price as Regular Retail Price but with less accessories.

How they can justify that god only knows.

Any retail outlet other than big chief that sells big chief product. I would assume the usual suspects would carry it (i.e. Big bad toy store) but I'm not 100 percent sure. My plan was to purchase this way as well when it becomes available. I'd prefer to not go directly through bc

May I ask whats you reason for not ordering directly from them then? Have they got a very bad rep?

May I ask whats you reason for not ordering directly from them then? Have they got a very bad rep?

I don't have any experience order from bc and no comfort level based on how they handle pre orders for these bc direct editons. I feel like I need to hire a lawyer to read through the pre order criteria

I don't have any experience order from bc and no comfort level based on how they handle pre orders for these bc direct editons. I feel like I need to hire a lawyer to read through the pre order criteria

I've ordered 4 things from them. Every order has gone through smoothly. They've always been quick to answer their emails too. I love the 2 day delivery service from the UK to US. Cost about 30 bucks. Beats SS shipping any day of the week.

The way they're offering this is basic enough. No discount if you just place a deposit. A small discount if you make payment plans. A larger discount if you pay in full.

It's understandable given the huge up-front production costs in this industry. Anything that incentivises people to pay as early as possible is a way to manage cash flow and financing.

I hate how when they send me my orders they arrive within 24 hours; even though I live in the States. Terrible how fast that is.

"A standard version will be released however it will be RRP of £249.99. So right now is the best deal as you will be saving £30 on full payment plus you will receive the two maggots and signature for FREE. £15 Saving on payment plan. Thanks BCS"

I've had nothing but great experience ordering direct from BCS for years now. The wait is the only gripe, which is true of any preorder. The accessory incentives and especially the discount are worth paying in advance to me.

Last edited:
I hate how when they send me my orders they arrive within 24 hours; even though I live in the States. Terrible how fast that is.

:lol :lol

"A standard version will be released however it will be RRP of £249.99. So right now is the best deal as you will be saving £30 on full payment plus you will receive the two maggots and signature for FREE. £15 Saving on payment plan. Thanks BCS"

I've had nothing but great experience ordering direct from BCS for years now. The wait is the only gripe, which is true of any preorder. The accessory incentives and especially the discount are worth paying in advance to me.

:exactly: That is the only downside but yes, that really just comes with the hobby. BCS have always been really helpful on the rare occasion when I had an issue with an order and they have always replied to any other queries I've had promptly. :)

Less than 150 left. Glad this guy is selling well. Hope Troughton will get a production date other than TBD.

Agreed. I’ve been ordering directly from them since the original Tenth Doctor release and never had any issues with them - their service has always been top notch.

Pretty wild that this is selling out so fast. Bodes well for the remaining docs to get made...by 2050 lol

The future of the line looks quite bright at the moment, at least as far as completing the Doctors lineup goes.

The next Tom Baker should sell just as well as Pertwee, which means we should definitely see that Davison happen off the heels of that. And as the most widespread popular of the 80's Doctors, he should sell plenty well enough (providing the likeness is good) which means we should see the Colin Baker figure happen as well (and then I can die happy... :lol). After that, with only two Doctors to go until they complete the set, I can't imagine them not doing McCoy and Troughton at that point.

I really do have high hopes now that we really will get all the classic Doctor eventually, so long as they keep delivering on sculpts that are as good as the Pertwee and new Tom Baker. And once they've given us them all, if they want to throw in a David Bradley first Doctor as well, then I'd gladly take that, too. Hey, a man can dream. :)

Looks like the limited edition Third Doc is now available, higher priced with less accessories, as promised. Hope no one passed on the CE thinking they would get a better deal with the LE later.

Got it instantly when they put the ce up for preorder, i just wish that a 5 Month payment plan would of been also available for the ce and not just for the le. But cant wait to have it ^^

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Back