Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember others with gmail having issues with getting emails from BCS.

i have gmail and never once received a shipping notice for my 10th doctor. went through my spam folder at the time to look for it as well.

Interesting. Maybe it has been shipped then. Though on my account page it is still listed as "processing" and "Shipping Date: TBC". I contacted BCS with my gmail account earlier today, so maybe they won't even be able to reply to me.

Big Chief update posted on facebook.

We apologise for the continued delay in responding to your customer service emails. We are in the process of moving to a new email system that will ultimately improve our ability to respond in a far more timely manner. This should be completed tomorrow. We have also enlisted some additional help to aid us in clearing the backlog of messages. We are also pleased to announce that our new website gateway is now fully activated and construction of the new website is underway. We are working hard to improve the customer experience as quickly as possible.
Thanks
BCS

Hello all and sorry for making this my first post but needs must :D

I am currently selling my 10th Figure on ebay. I have been made redundant and the kids need things for school so it only seems fair that my nice things must be sacrificed so they don't go without. Anyway the figure has never been out of the box and is as new as you would receive from big chief themselves.

If anyone fancies having a look then pop over to https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161216935775 I will ship him worldwide for anyone interested.

As this thread has been bumped I thought I'd ask, does anyone know if the vinyl on the light up stand can be removed? I tried doing it and couldn't which made me wonder if it is meant to be removed. Is it a sticker?

Yeah, you might win an opportunity to spend a couple hundred bucks on a figure you already have... Haha. Yup, I'm signing up as well !

As this thread has been bumped I thought I'd ask, does anyone know if the vinyl on the light up stand can be removed? I tried doing it and couldn't which made me wonder if it is meant to be removed. Is it a sticker?

Do you mean the blue vinyl? Mine came right off. Though now I sort of wish I'd left it on.

Yeah, you might win an opportunity to spend a couple hundred bucks on a figure you already have... Haha. Yup, I'm signing up as well !

I know, but my kid wants a Ten... she actually wants to play with it! So if I win the chance to buy one I'll let her have my old one and keep the DOTD one. If I win, which I won't.

I LOVE the idea of my kid playing with a £500 action figure...one time I walked into her room when one of her friends was visiting and found a seven year old boy throwing her Eleven figure off the top of her bunk bed.

Jon - yeah, I meant the blue vinyl. Thanks for confirming it comes off.

Haha! Well, they are toys, and toys are meant to be played with.
When a mate was over at mine once, we were watching done metal, so used the HT Batmobiles as guitars! Not recommended I must add.
I've just put my name forward for a DOTD 10. I'm not too fussed if I get one or not. If I do, I'm not quite sure yet how I'd display him, but I'm sure I'd think of something.

Haha! Well, they are toys, and toys are meant to be played with.
When a mate was over at mine once, we were watching done metal, so used the HT Batmobiles as guitars! Not recommended I must add.
I've just put my name forward for a DOTD 10. I'm not too fussed if I get one or not. If I do, I'm not quite sure yet how I'd display him, but I'm sure I'd think of something.

Buy one of those Hot Toys stands for flying figures and display him floating in the air like in Last of the Time Lords?

Contacted BCS support on Jan 7th about my damaged figure. I received a very prompt reply saying they're expecting replacement pieces within the next week and would be in touch. Now a month later, no new replies. Pretty much the exact story of when my 11th Doctor showed up with no psychic paper.

Haha..the floating Doctor. That ending ruined that story for me.
I've just been watching my bluray set and all of the features. At one point RTD is talking about the science of Who, and that although he wanted to eliminate technobabble, solutions to problems should be grounded in science... And then we got that! Write yourself into a corner and then make some magic answer to get out of it. It's a pity that SM figured to go more down the stupid path of solving problems.
Anyways, I do have an idea now.
I have my CO 10 wearing the coat. If I end up with the second 10, I'll use him in place of my CO 10, with his cost on. Coat on/off creates a whole different dynamic with the posing and look of the figure. Of course this could all be academic as there are only 25 of these figures up for grabs.

Haha..the floating Doctor. That ending ruined that story for me.
I've just been watching my bluray set and all of the features. At one point RTD is talking about the science of Who, and that although he wanted to eliminate technobabble, solutions to problems should be grounded in science... And then we got that! Write yourself into a corner and then make some magic answer to get out of it. It's a pity that SM figured to go more down the stupid path of solving problems.
Anyways, I do have an idea now.
I have my CO 10 wearing the coat. If I end up with the second 10, I'll use him in place of my CO 10, with his cost on. Coat on/off creates a whole different dynamic with the posing and look of the figure. Of course this could all be academic as there are only 25 of these figures up for grabs.

I agree, if I win the chance to buy one (unlikely - I'm like that guy in Bronx Tale, only unluckier) I'll definitely display him with the coat on.

Contacted BCS support on Jan 7th about my damaged figure. I received a very prompt reply saying they're expecting replacement pieces within the next week and would be in touch. Now a month later, no new replies. Pretty much the exact story of when my 11th Doctor showed up with no psychic paper.

What sort of damage?

Something about my Ten was bothering me but I couldn't quite work out what until I was futzing him today and realised that his trousers look better when you pull them down slightly.

Wow, that last sentence contains all kinds of wrong in it.

Back