Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contacted BCS support on Jan 7th about my damaged figure. I received a very prompt reply saying they're expecting replacement pieces within the next week and would be in touch. Now a month later, no new replies. Pretty much the exact story of when my 11th Doctor showed up with no psychic paper.

I'm in exactly the same boat with my 10th Doctor figure. Had a chunk of hair missing, got an email very promptly after I reported it, and nothing since.

I'm in exactly the same boat with my 10th Doctor figure. Had a chunk of hair missing, got an email very promptly after I reported it, and nothing since.

Did you pay via Paypal? I got my stained Eleven head sculpt exchanged only after I opened a dispute. Praying I have no issues with Ten.

It scares me that people have these kinds of unresolved problems.

Ditto that on two heads. Prompt email replies after I initially reported them (before Christmas). My Tom and my David both had chipped hair sculpts. Heard nothing since. But I am not worried, yet.

When dealing with BC, the motto should be 'Don't Panic!' They always come through in the end.

It could be worse, you could be dealing with Hot Toys...

Did you pay via Paypal? I got my stained Eleven head sculpt exchanged only after I opened a dispute. Praying I have no issues with Ten.

It scares me that people have these kinds of unresolved problems.

It's sad to think that I might have to go that route. After my last go round with them, patience is no longer a virtue.

Sorry for the newbie question, but can anyone tell me about this line? How long has it been out? How many figures were made already? I've seen evidence of only 3. is that right?

Sorry for the newbie question, but can anyone tell me about this line? How long has it been out? How many figures were made already? I've seen evidence of only 3. is that right?

There is so far 4 figures 11th Doctor, Amy, 10th and 4th Doctor. Eleventh Doctor was first figure and it came out in 2012.

Welcome to the thread! In case you haven't been to Big Chief's website here it is: https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/

As well as the figures Desamo mentioned Big Chief are also planning an Eleventh Doctor figure based on his appearance from Season 7b - ie the purple coat - and a figure of the First Doctor, but neither of these have gone up for order yet. They also do some stylised vinyl figurines of the Tenth Doctor with one of Eleven on the way.

The Tenth Doctor is the rarest figure released so far; there may be a blue suit version eventually based on a photo we saw of red trainers but nothing's been confirmed yet and it won't be until next year. There is one last chance to buy a version based on his appearance in Day Of The Doctor; to be in with a chance of buying one of the last 25 you have to sign up to enter a draw here:

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/10th-doctor-the-day-of-the-doctor-50th-anniversary-edition/

They also have some amazing Sherlock figures for sale!

Any more questions, just ask.

Welcome to the thread! In case you haven't been to Big Chief's website here it is: https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/

As well as the figures Desamo mentioned Big Chief are also planning an Eleventh Doctor figure based on his appearance from Season 7b - ie the purple coat - and a figure of the First Doctor, but neither of these have gone up for order yet. They also do some stylised vinyl figurines of the Tenth Doctor with one of Eleven on the way.

The Tenth Doctor is the rarest figure released so far; there may be a blue suit version eventually based on a photo we saw of red trainers but nothing's been confirmed yet and it won't be until next year. There is one last chance to buy a version based on his appearance in Day Of The Doctor; to be in with a chance of buying one of the last 25 you have to sign up to enter a draw here:

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/10th-doctor-the-day-of-the-doctor-50th-anniversary-edition/

And the Weeping Angels are confirmed in 1/6 scale, even though not a traditional posable figure.

Oh, WOW, I have to start collecting these then! I don't mind the statue bit. I actually wish all 1/6 figures were statues, no joints and no real clothes. I guess I'll get over that once I start collecting.

Each to their own, but the thing I love about high end action figures is that you can 'play' with them... I don't mean run around with them making 'peow! peow!' noises (well, not often) but just repose them a little every time you walk past them. One minute my Ten is pointing his sonic screwdriver the next minute he's got his (other) hands out in that pose Peter Capaldi had when they showed his costume for the first time.

Try owning one and see if it makes you happy. If it doesn't, you can always sell it and you'll be pretty much guaranteed to make your money back.

We should probably make clear for the newbie that the way this hobby works, there is a 99.9% chance there will be a further 10th Doctor figure.
No chance they leave the most popular doctor as a rare figure when there are willing buyers.
Only way we don't see a further 10th Doctor is if they lose the license or go out of business.

Why are they so expensive? They're almost double Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys figures.
So far on their site I see mentions of Limited and Signature Editions. Are there "normal" editions which are less expensive?

We should probably make clear for the newbie that the way this hobby works, there is a 99.9% chance there will be a further 10th Doctor figure.
No chance they leave the most popular doctor as a rare figure when there are willing buyers.
Only way we don't see a further 10th Doctor is if they lose the license or go out of business.

They did say there wouldn't be anymore like this one, which I took to mean that they would only produce a blue suit version in future. The impression I got was that the DOTD figures were the only 'extra' ones they were going to do, so that the certificates and 'limited' nature of the figure has meaning. But of course they could always do a slightly different version of the brown suit Tennant with one of the many other ties he wore or a tieless shirt or whatever. That certainly wouldn't bother me although I'm not sure how people who really care about a product being limited would feel.

As for the price it is what it is but I don't believe any western company could make a high-end licensed product, in such small quantities, for any less. They certainly don't look mass produced. On top of that the company has to satisfy stipulations from the BBC about the conditions under which these are produced. Personally I feel much happier knowing that the people who made them were treated properly.

Back