Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even use the stands, full stop, so I can't say it bothers me either way to be honest. Although I imagine now that they already have the molds and the electronics sorted, and it's just a case of doing another batch, with a slight light up alteration, I doubt they'd save much money by going back to basic stands anyway. Although that's clearly just a semi-educated (at best) guess on my part.

The exchange rate for this one is really quite painful on my end, and to be honest, there isn't another license that I would pay these prices for in 1:6 scale, but Who has been a love of mine for the past 35 years or so, so as long as they maintain quality, they get my money, even if it does make my wallet cry a bit in the process.

Four Doctors for the shelf, and we're almost a third of the way there. And we know Capaldi is already in the works (with talk of Troughton, Pertwee and Eccleston as well, not to mention the Tennant and Smith variants). Despite a few hiccups, still in for the long haul. Just hope Billy shows up clean shaven, and with a sculpt that matches the proto (hopefully closer to Tennant than Baker quality).

Well my pre-order notification just showed up...thank you Big Chief! The pictures look great...looking forward to getting an order in!

It's not so much the price savings I was thinking about more how tacky they are, a nice simple Sar Wars type stand or oval Hot Toys type with the Dr Who logo would look muck better, maybe do them in Tardis blue instead of black, I don't know i'm not a designer...just something 'better'.

Good luck, everyone. Sadly I can't join in on the fun with this one but I do hope every who wants one gets one.

Geez, I hope that the virtual ghost town in here (and not that much better of their facebook page) isn't indicative of the amount of sales that Big Chief are going to get with this one. Hate to think we won't get to see the promised Troughton and Pertwee releases, because they feel the sales just aren't there for them (or any other classic era Doctors, for that matter)...

Hope they at least manage to hit their expectations in regards to level of sales, whatever that may be...

This is it. This is the pose:

10537138_10153241502286002_7991178031094382581_n.jpg

For me as well. Though I still worry about ink bleeding from the hat. Might have to put something inside to protect the head, methinks.

Worst case scenario with the hat and it bleeds. I send the head to Ski. :lol

Page isn't live yet... :(

After what this is going to cost me, I'm not looking to spend even more on a fix, personally. :)

Website is getting hammered, it seems.

It went from "page not found" to an "untitled document" page with this: "ssss 1st-doctor-commemorative-edition"

No discount for paying in full this time around, and still no mention of what the 'commemorative edition' extras are... :huh

Oh well. In for a penny...

EDIT - link worked for me, paid in full already.

Here's the link in case anyone didn't get the email: First Doctor Commemorative Edition Pre-Order

Hope that's okay to post, but I imagine anyone who did get the email and wanted to order is either in the process of ordering already, or already has.

What's with the "discount" they advertized? I'm seeing no mention. Does it show up after ordering? :huh

How does one order?
I click order, it list my address but there is no whee to go after. Nothing to click...

I would refresh the page and try again as you should see the item you are ordering and a button towards the bottom that says continue.

What's with the "discount" they advertized? I'm seeing no mention. Does it show up after ordering? :huh

I'm sure the discount will be applied after the order is placed as the ship cost will come later as well.

:yess:Whew! Got one:)
I thought I had my address checked for BOTH shipping and billing. Evidently I did not. That's what was holding me up. Quick fix and I got my Doc.
Really happy!

Best of luck to you all. Here's to each of us that want one, getting one.

Last edited:
They are aware of the discount muck up.

They said on facebook that the discount wasn't applied properly, so they are asking if people are okay with them applying the discount to the shipping amount instead, so we'll get our discounts when we get billed for that when these are ready to ship.

I'm fine with that, personally, just so long as it gets sorted.

How much was the discount, anyway? Ten quid? If that's the case for those within the UK, they'd actually owe you money when these ship... :lol

Back