Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do. It is a glitch that paypal doesn't show up for installments. Someone on fb mentioned a method of getting around the glitch where while having the figure in your cart, you would then click the account management button. From there you can use pp to pay installments

Just got a refund for £8.33, so once again Big Chief say one thing, then change their mind and do another without updating any of us. As much as I appreciate any discount, they really do need to communicate better at times.

Anyway, don't panic if you see an email titled Worldpay CARD Refund suddenly pop up in your inbox, it (probably) isn't any problem with processing your order, it's (probably) just a refund instead (or, given £10 was originally promised as a discount, I believe, most of it anyhow...). :lol

I've never even gotten any confirmation I ordered or paid anything. I can only see from my bank statement it went through. Weirdest company I've ever seen. I just order crap and hope it shows up eventually since they never send any notifications o_O

Well, I paid in full via credit card, not paypal, and all I got was an onscreen confirmation that my order went through (though stated that it wasn't to be considered final until Big Chief themselves confirmed it), and then the partial refund email a day later.

Like I said, I really do think Big Chief needs to work on their communications, particularly in relation to orders, because lack of clarity in such matters really doesn't make customers who have spend a boatload of money on these things feel very comfortable. Especially newer customers who aren't used to Big Chief's previous bumpy form in these regards. I mean I've been here before, so I have little doubt I'll eventually get what was paid for, but it's certainly not a great or particularly inspiring introduction for new customers and first timers.

Well, I paid in full via credit card, not paypal, and all I got was an onscreen confirmation that my order went through (though stated that it wasn't to be considered final until Big Chief themselves confirmed it), and then the partial refund email a day later.

Like I said, I really do think Big Chief needs to work on their communications, particularly in relation to orders, because lack of clarity in such matters really doesn't make customers who have spend a boatload of money on these things feel very comfortable. Especially newer customers who aren't used to Big Chief's previous bumpy form in these regards. I mean I've been here before, so I have little doubt I'll eventually get what was paid for, but it's certainly not a great or particularly inspiring introduction for new customers and first timers.

Their whole web site experience is, by todays standards, simply terrible, there has been talk of a new web site for quite some time which they really need since all their bussiness is internet based you really would think that more attention would have been paid to that side of things and certainly for me a face book page doesn't really cut-it.

Indeed. The archaic website and at times frankly bizarre ordering systems of past releases do them no favours at all.

In fact, it never ceases to amaze me just how many smaller collectible companies, who do a very large part of their business online through those very sites, seem to spend so little attention or care towards properly crafting an intuitive, user-friendly, and attractive web presence for their company and products.

This is, after all, the one place that practically all of their customers go, so making that experience as easy and care free as possible is in their own best interest. And basic, clean, logical, functional and professional looking commerce websites aren't that hard to do. Especially these days.

Anyway, never mind me. Personal bugbear is all... :lol

I thought BCS had a new website coming? I haven't visited the site since the Amy head ordering. Oh by the way, I think the 1st Doctor figure is quite a good likeness, the figure looks great to me.

i never received anything from BCS after ordering or from the WorldPay site. The only way i fully knew it went through was because it is showing in my account on their site and see the charge on my CC.

I am having trouble with getting this ordered.
Had the pre order note action sign up in place, and I heard nothing back after that. Then, by chance I saw that the figure was up for preorder. However, I can't get past the check out. So I don't know wether it's been ordered or not. Email sent to BC..
Anyways, I'm liking the figure. A friend doesn't think the likeness is there, but I disagree. Then... I got the Adventures in Space and Time on blu. Now, the figure is a dead ringer for Bradley,or vice versa .. Haha!

I came into a bit of surprise money this week, so with all my expenses already taken care of, and no major unpaid pre-orders in the pipeline at the moment, I thought I'd treat myself and I went to order the (single) Weeping Angel, which I was going to pass on previously.

Five attempts, and twenty minutes later, I finally managed to get through the three pages it takes to make an order, before finally getting to the payment screen. Every prior attempt ended with one of the pages along the way throwing up an error and not loading, meaning I had to start the process all over again from scratch, including signing in again before trying to order, because if I try to sign in as part of the order process it crashes out every time.

They seriously need to get the commerce section of their website sorted, and I truly do wonder just how many potential orders they lose with people just giving up and leaving in frustration and/or confusion. Things shouldn't be this difficult. And don't even get me started on their farcical paypal situation...no professional business should need their customers to figure out 'work arounds' just to make payments to them.

Some 'treat'... :lol

Still not interested in the Angel. I just know that if it gets discounted, I'll get it!

They seriously need to get the commerce section of their website sorted, and I truly do wonder just how many potential orders they lose with people just giving up and leaving in frustration and/or confusion. Things shouldn't be this difficult. And don't even get me started on their farcical paypal situation...no professional business should need their customers to figure out 'work arounds' just to make payments to them.

:exactly: Agreed!! They really need to sort it out!! Only just starting using it, definitely the strangest site I've ever ordered from!! :lol Still the figures are great though...looking forward to adding this one to the collection.

And another day with no success.
I just can't get through the checkout at all. Emails sent, again.

Still not interested in the Angel. I just know that if it gets discounted, I'll get it!

I think you'll get your chance, to be honest. As nice as I think they look, if I hadn't come into that unexpected bit of green, I wouldn't have grabbed one at the price these are going for. Especially as I do think there will be opportunities to pick these up cheaper down the line, because I have extreme doubts that they will sell very well at this price point, no matter how good they look. It's pretty much the definition of a nice to have, but nowhere near must own piece. Especially in a line where even shifting enough units of The Doctor is a bit of a struggle (sadly).

And another day with no success.
I just can't get through the checkout at all. Emails sent, again.

God, how many sales must they be losing? How many people would just give up, not email or try to struggle through, but just give up frustrated, with a bad taste in their mouth, and little chance of returning? :gah:

With a niche line where every sale is important, they really can't afford to continue down this kind of path, yet they always seem so apathetic about doing something to fix the frequent ordering problems that seem to continually arise. It's crazy... :(

Fortunately for them,, I'm not giving up. However, I am finding it more than a little frustrating. I really can't figure out why this should be so difficult.

Guys, make sure there is no message asking you to confirm your shipping address. I use the same address for shipping as well as billing but on their site you have to be explicit by having a check mark by both (if I remember correctly). It's a simple thing but until it is squared away you will continually be held back from being able to order.
Drove me nuts until I figured it out.

Anyway I agree with you all. It shouldn't be this hard. :dunno

Back