**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would sit through a solid week of speaking-in-tongues, rolling on the ground I SMITE THEE IN THE NAME OF THE LORD praise-shouting revival church services before i subjected my eyes to Alien: Covenant. And that is saying something, because im not super fond of church or religion.
Then don’t watch Ms Marvel..because that‘s what I’m annoyed with the show so far :unsure:

If this is the highlight of Luke we only get

I’m saying this show is a fail for me ..Even a whiny naive Hamill from ANH is better than nothing as far as showing Luke in a SW project.

Luke is the foundation of the OT and reduce him to nothing so far is a travesty of epic proportions Ms Chow :nono

For the love of god..don’t end the season without highlighting Luke :panic:

Even Favreau gave respect to Luke even if it was through CGI
luke.jpg

With BOBF I always knew that RR could deliver a Rancor stomping awesome good time with the finale due to not only his Mando Season 2 episode but his entire body of work.

With Chow we've now seen what she's capable of and I'll be surprised if she somehow shifts her entire quality of filmmaking from episodes 1-5 to the next one.

Last edited:
With BOBF I always knew that RR could deliver a Rancor stomping awesome good time with the finale due to not only his Mando Season 2 episode but his entire body of work.

With Chow we've now seen what she's capable of and I'll be surprised is she somehow shifts her entire quality of filmmaking from episodes 1-5 to the next one.
To sum it up…

If this is the highlight of Luke we only get

I’m saying this show is a fail for me ..Even a whiny naive Hamill from ANH is better than nothing as far as showing Luke in a SW project.

Luke is the foundation of the OT and reduce him to nothing so far is a travesty of epic proportions Ms Chow :nono

For the love of god..don’t end the season without highlighting Luke :panic:

Even Favreau gave respect to Luke even if it was through CGI

Dude chill Luke is only a kid in this there’s nothing they can do that can ruin Luke…absolutely nothing…..

09BBDE2C-B62A-4C24-B9E0-45B612B3BD51.jpeg

Umm…..CRAP!!!!!!

Last edited:
Sassafras needs to watch the ajp cut of ANH….

View attachment 584789

View attachment 584784
:lol

Think about it, though, jye: Was the actual film too far from that? Alderaan blows up, Leia's family and friends die a horrific death right in front of her eyes, and the next time we see her she's making a crack about Luke being a short stormtrooper. Leia not outwardly grieving *any* loss would be very much in character.

This is going to be a bit of a tangent, but what the hell. Lucas was consistent in his six movies when it came to grieving the dead. When Luke (with Owen and Beru) and Leia (with everyone on Alderaan) take their losses in stride, they move on and help serve others. But Anakin (with his mom and Padme) becomes a broken man when faced with losing his attachments, and he ends up drowned by selfishness and sells his soul.

This stuff wasn't an accident. The implicit and explicit themes about the value in accepting loss was a personal philosophy that Lucas wanted to convey about the way the cycle of life works. That's one of the great things about having a singular vision behind the whole story. Whether you agree with his philosophies or not, at least there were values being imparted. It wasn't entirely superficial and empty content just for the sake of content in order to fill a weekly time slot.

Okay, spiel over. I'm sure the OWK finale will provide the rich thematic underpinnings with personal views to impart, and prove it's not just empty content designed to pander.

tumblr_o7esneqFfq1trbh6do1_400.gif

Think about it, though, jye: Was the actual film too far from that? Alderaan blows up, Leia's family and friends die a horrific death right in front of her eyes, and the next time we see her she's making a crack about Luke being a short stormtrooper. Leia not outwardly grieving *any* loss would be very much in character.

This is going to be a bit of a tangent, but what the hell. Lucas was consistent in his six movies when it came to grieving the dead. When Luke (with Owen and Beru) and Leia (with everyone on Alderaan) take their losses in stride, they move on and help serve others. But Anakin (with his mom and Padme) becomes a broken man when faced with losing his attachments, and he ends up drowned by selfishness and sells his soul.

This stuff wasn't an accident. The implicit and explicit themes about the value in accepting loss was a personal philosophy that Lucas wanted to convey about the way the cycle of life works. That's one of the great things about having a singular vision behind the whole story. Whether you agree with his philosophies or not, at least there were values being imparted. It wasn't entirely superficial and empty content just for the sake of content in order to fill a weekly time slot.

Okay, spiel over. I'm sure the OWK finale will provide the rich thematic underpinnings with personal views to impart, and prove it's not just empty content designed to pander.

:lol :lol

Epic post as usual I agree with your assessment. In ROTS Yoda even scolds Anakin about attachment, loss and grieving.

I was just messing with Sass is all. I like Sass he always cracks me up.

a-dev was also agreeing with Sass so i’m curious now what a-dev thinks after reading your most excellent rebuttal…

a-dev, what say you….

a-dev….

1655852508407.gif

Sooooo

2 HUGE predictions.

Vader learns Luke is his son.

Obi-Wan fakes his death on their final battle on Mustafar…final battle location is on the poster not a spoiler!

Fortunately, Disney's Imperials are only capable of running and dying en-masse due to the most minor injuries, making the possibility of them frying people alive or blowing up a planet full of innocent people laughably remote.

Fett took the deaths of his Tusken family in stride. :lecture

:chase

Sooooo

2 HUGE predictions.

Obi-Wan fakes his death on their final battle on Mustafar…final battle location is on the poster not a spoiler!
I'm thinking the OWK vs Vader rematch is on, and Ben loses an arm or leg (or gets massively scarred) but finally kills Vader. But yeah... will young Luke also die in the process?

Some big tension/questions in this final ep. 😬

Sooooo

2 HUGE predictions.

I'm predicting a flashback of the Tusken camp that Anakin slaughtered showing 40 year old Anakin cutting down 10-20 additional children.

Thinking about how the show made no effort to de-age Anakin for the most recent flashback...I wonder if they just decided that the main audience probably wouldn't have revisited the PT very recently and wouldn't notice the jarring difference.

They barely rendered shadows on troopers. The bunker stand off looked like Cats and the snowspeeders looked inflatable. They were never going to de-age a perfectly cromulent Hayden Christensen.

Back