**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm

I actually enjoyed this crazy episode

:chase

It certainly wasn’t boring.
I loved the scene where Obi-Wan was fighting off both Stormtroopers and a Seeker Droid with his lightsaber in the JAWS 3D base.

I still hate Reva. And her terrible acting was only emphasized when the Leia girl out acted her in their interrogation scenes. And even though we knew that Leia wasn't going to be tortured the girl really did a good job of selling the fact that she was terrified. For a split second I thought they were actually suggesting that they were retconning ANH to suggest that Vader putting the tracker on the Falcon was an idea he learned from Reva and I almost went full "HELL no!" but then I remembered that people were always putting trackers on other ships back in the PT (like with Slave I in AOTC) and TCW so Reva doing that would have been nothing new.

Apparently Ingram thinks that to be evil and intimidating all she has to be is LOUD. Ugh. She even runs stupid, she really is just the worst, lol. And they still refuse to make her a threat of any kind. How was Tala not dead after her ruse to divert Reva's attention away from Leia? But Reva hears all the alarms going off and just like when Kumail lied to her face does absolutely nothing in response. Ooooh don't cross her. :rolleyes2

But ignoring her...yep this was a really fun episode.

I do actually like how this rescue "rhymed" with ANH. It even gives fun new context to Ben seeing Leia in peril in ANH and then telling Luke "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing." Also it tracks with Leia's reaction to hearing Ben's name in her detention cell. She's all "okay so some random short Stormtrooper thinks he's gonna get me out? Wait BEN is here? Okay then this might work!" I like it.

Hiding Leia under the coat was super goofy but not too far off from some of Han's sillier antics in ROTJ (tapping the Biker Scout on one shoulder and then running in the opposite way/trying to blow out the ewoks' torches as if they were birthday candles, etc.)

The snowspeeder rescue was SUPER eye rolling, lol. These two idiots who've never been in combat ("we're not soldiers!") show up and just blow away a squad of Stormies, face NO resistance of any kind, have goofy actors piloting them that look like total dorks in their helmets...I mean they showed rows of TIE's in that hangar and none of them get scrambled? It's not like the speeders have hyperdrives, the TIE's could have easily overtaken them. Think back to Eadu in RO. Proximity alarms went off as soon as the X-Wings appeared, a bunch of TIE's got in the air, took out several of the Rebels, etc. Plus I'm pretty sure that air speeders can't fly in space!? But they left the atmosphere and docked with the ship in orbit? I'm pretty sure that's just wrong.

Vader was awesome, not only for his initial entrance but for how quickly he closed the gap between himself and Reva even after he let her down.

Ewan is still great in the role, he looks cool, and I actually noticed the main theme a lot more this episode.

And despite the goofy hiding under the coat gag I like the Empire is being portrayed as having a better sense of security with regard to infiltrators. No more just wearing an Imperial uniform and going wherever you want and doing whatever you want. I like that Tala had to still think on her toes through the first gate, at the terminal, and then even a third time with Reva.

Oh and btw everyone's complaints about Vader letting Kenobi get away were confirmed. Literally just completely ignored, with no greater plan for him.
It's exactly the same as Vader letting Luke fall off the gantry in ESB instead of using the Force to catch him and lift him up and then a few scenes later he's after the Falcon and trying to capture Luke again. Sometimes Vader takes a moment to process his emotions before regathering his resolve.

They were tracking the falcon through light speed in ANH

So it could be a homing beacon. Leia even says “their tracking us”

So I assume it’s the same technology since it’s not like they are chasing them like they were in TLJ

I would like my 20 SW nerd points back now please
Yes I know they tracked the Falcon through lightspeed in ANH that's why I said that Leia's line in TLJ is "even sillier now." Meaning even sillier than before when the only time she'd seen it done was in ANH, lol.

I loved the scene where Obi-Wan was fighting off both Stormtroopers and a Seeker Droid with his lightsaber in the JAWS 3D base.

I still hate Reva. And her terrible acting was only emphasized when the Leia girl out acted her in their interrogation scenes. And even though we knew that Leia wasn't going to be tortured the girl really did a good job of selling the fact that she was terrified. For a split second I thought they were actually suggesting that they were retconning ANH to suggest that Vader putting the tracker on the Falcon was an idea he learned from Reva and I almost went full "HELL no!" but then I remembered that people were always putting trackers on other ships back in the PT (like with Slave I in AOTC) and TCW so Reva doing that would have been nothing new.

Apparently Ingram thinks that to be evil and intimidating all she has to be is LOUD. Ugh. She even runs stupid, she really is just the worst, lol. And they still refuse to make her a threat of any kind. How was Tala not dead after her ruse to divert Reva's attention away from Leia? But Reva hears all the alarms going off and just like when Kumail lied to her face does absolutely nothing in response. Ooooh don't cross her. :rolleyes2

But ignoring her...yep this was a really fun episode.

I do actually like how this rescue "rhymed" with ANH. It even gives fun new context to Ben seeing Leia in peril in ANH and then telling Luke "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing." Also it tracks with Leia's reaction to hearing Ben's name in her detention cell. She's all "okay so some random short Stormtrooper thinks he's gonna get me out? Wait BEN is here? Okay then this might work!" I like it.

Hiding Leia under the coat was super goofy but not too far off from some of Han's sillier antics in ROTJ (tapping the Biker Scout on one shoulder and then running in the opposite way/trying to blow out the ewoks' torches as if they were birthday candles, etc.)

The snowspeeder rescue was SUPER eye rolling, lol. These two idiots who've never been in combat ("we're not soldiers!") show up and just blow away a squad of Stormies, face NO resistance of any kind, have goofy actors piloting them that look like total dorks in their helmets...I mean they showed rows of TIE's in that hangar and none of them get scrambled? It's not like the speeders have hyperdrives, the TIE's could have easily overtaken them. Think back to Eadu in RO. Proximity alarms went off as soon as the X-Wings appeared, a bunch of TIE's got in the air, took out several of the Rebels, etc. Plus I'm pretty sure that air speeders can't fly in space!? But they left the atmosphere and docked with the ship in orbit? I'm pretty sure that's just wrong.

Vader was awesome, not only for his initial entrance but for how quickly he closed the gap between himself and Reva even after he let her down.

Ewan is still great in the role, he looks cool, and I actually noticed the main theme a lot more this episode.

And despite the goofy hiding under the coat gag I like the Empire is being portrayed as having a better sense of security with regard to infiltrators. No more just wearing an Imperial uniform and going wherever you want and doing whatever you want. I like that Tala had to still think on her toes through the first gate, at the terminal, and then even a third time with Reva.
Vader was so freaking intimidating

They really have fully completed Vader’s persona into a perfect villain.

The only thing missing was scary.

Not missing anymore.

People complaining that Luke is being sidelined as if they're deliberately trying to minimize his importance. I think they just thought that the show would be more interesting if Kenobi was having adventures on multiple planets but then either Luke would have to be the one kidnapped (which wouldn't track with him saying "I'm never gonna get off this rock" if he'd already left before) OR...they could have Obi-Wan need to rescue the one single person just as important as Luke, his twin sister.

But it does make the fact that even his ghost didn't know about Leia in ESB even more ridiculous, lol.

Last edited:
People complaining that Luke is being sidelined as if they're deliberately trying to minimize his importance. I think they just thought that the show would be more interesting if Kenobi was having adventures on multiple planets but then either Luke would have to be the one kidnapped (which wouldn't track him saying "I'm never gonna get off this rock" if he'd already left before) OR...they could have Obi-Wan need to rescue the one single person just as important as Luke, his twin sister.

But it does make the fact that even his ghost didn't know about Leia in ESB even more ridiculous, lol.
I think the main complaint out there is that PT fans were hoping for a hardcore psychological rematch focus between Anakin and Obi-Wan which this is not.

Yeah, but..... wasn't the MOST played image of the trailers/imagery for the show ben with his binoculars and lil' Luke on the igloo playing space pilot?
Yes but that bit from the trailers was the thing that made me the most nervous. I was so worried that Jake Lloyd/Daniel Logan 2.0 was going to make young Luke lame. But I've been very pleasantly surprised with the girl playing Leia and consider her prominence to be a Grogu-level twist.

And about Obi-Wan needing to hit those first two Stormtroopers several times with his saber before they went down...

Back in the day I had a theory that the lethality of a lightsaber is somewhat dependent on its wielder and how well he or she is channeling the Force. And that a well skilled Jedi or someone strong in the Force could cut through almost anything with a lightsaber but it would have lesser effect in the hands of a novice. I came up with that theory watching ESB over and over and noticing that on the gantry Vader sliced through three thick metal poles like they were nothing yet when Luke bashed him hard on the shoulder his saber didn't really cut into him at all.

Then at the Sarlacc Pit Luke is hitting guards left and right and not slicing through any of them. So I interpreted that as him being skilled enough to control how powerful his saber was and elected to reduce it's destructiveness so as to bash them off the skiff and out of his way as opposed to creating a pile of body parts at his feet, lol. And yes of course I know that George just wanted to keep things PG rated but I still like to have these in-universe explanations as well.

And since they deliberately showed that Obi-Wan is apparently quite out of practice at using the Force (since he could barely move that small device on the ship) then maybe for those first two guards he needed to get back into the groove before he could channel enough power through his saber to truly start slicing and dicing.

Last edited:
People complaining that Luke is being sidelined as if they're deliberately trying to minimize his importance. I think they just thought that the show would be more interesting if Kenobi was having adventures on multiple planets but then either Luke would have to be the one kidnapped (which wouldn't track with him saying "I'm never gonna get off this rock" if he'd already left before) OR...they could have Obi-Wan need to rescue the one single person just as important as Luke, his twin sister.

I have thought about it that way and a moisture farm setting would be boring for a few episodes …but It still bothers me

Yes I know they tracked the Falcon through lightspeed in ANH that's why I said that Leia's line in TLJ is "even sillier now." Meaning even sillier than before when the only time she'd seen it done was in ANH, lol.
I literally forgot how insane that line was until you reminded us my goodness lol. The fact that we also have a homing beacon between Rey and the ship confirmed adds to the pure insanity of that plot point. Oh TLJ, you never fail to rear your ugly head LOL.

I think one of the weirdest things in the show is the tone. There is some actual dark imagery, like the troopers floating in the water after drowning, the tombs with all the dead Jedi (including a youngling), torturing a 10 year old Leia and Vader force choking children. I don't know if many going in would have thought a Lucasfilm under Disney would do that. But then you have some of the goofiest delivery and canon breaking content that it's hard to take it seriously enough. It's why I can't agree with anyone who thinks BOBF is better than this. Ewan alone would make it better, and there is some really great stuff here, it's just buried under poor writing imo. The best scenes of the episode were Obi-Wan and Vader's Bacta Tank parallel and when Kenobi is deflecting the Stormtrooper blasters, when nothing was said.

Back