BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be classed as a double, as in a two cube unit.
One cube, single. Two cubes, double and three cubes high a triple. That's the way I'd read it anyway :D

I'd wait and see what door options they have come April.

Just like Collectrocol said. In reference to HEIGHT.

This is a single here:

besta-shelf-unit-height-extension-unit-white__0185214_PE337072_S4.JPG

What they don't have anymore is the double-wide version of some of the different heights - I just can't remember which, maybe like the 2x3?

That would be classed as a double, as in a two cube unit.
One cube, single. Two cubes, double and three cubes high a triple. That's the way I'd read it anyway :D

I'd wait and see what door options they have come April.

I plan on getting more in April. I'm just buying one now to put my WW PF in because I don't want to leave it in the box until then. My father's close friend can make the doors for me so I'm not paying too much for them. If something similar to Tombo doors get released then I'll buy them, but if not I'll get them all custom made. I just wanted to buy the same set of hinges that come with the doors.

I was thinking about buying 2 besta shelves and removing the back wood/board. Then I would try to connect the shelf to the other one. Making it 2 times more deep

check this out. nice if it were in black
NORNÄS Glass-door wall cabinet - IKEA

great alternative for those who are tired of a dusty detolf

Nice find. It's untreated pine and can be easily stained or painted. There are also some nice wall units in two sizes in this line. I just can't tell if the glass is frosted or if the product pics just look that way to show a glass front. Either way they look like a good cheap alternative to the usual.

That is not very deep. There's a bigger one but it doesn't look very good in person.

They are only 7" deep. They would be great for floating shelves for figures and small items. Not so great for busts, maquettes, or premium figures. Bummer. They are not expensive, and they are solid pine. That is much nicer than particle board.

They are only 7" deep. They would be great for floating shelves for figures and small items. Not so great for busts, maquettes, or premium figures. Bummer. They are not expensive, and they are solid pine. That is much nicer than particle board.

I saw one in-store...the dark brown plastic hinges are actually a real eyesore, I thought.

I think Besta, Detolf, Stuva and maybe Galant are still the best options.

As for dust...not sure how to combat it in most displays. My pieces are currently out, but given my small collection it's much more feasible to hand dust them.

A micro-fibre cloth and a few minutes with my Probe Droid and it was looking box-fresh again. Gave me a chance to appreciate it up close again, too. But I wouldn't want to do that with a big collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dust proofing these cabinets isn't very hard to do, I dust proofed my detolf and besta's with some home weatherstripping and some magnets to keep the doors of the besta's shut.

Not a single particle of dust gets in anymore.. just the way i like it, I'm too lazy to be cleaning them out all the time.

I think Besta, Detolf, Stuva and maybe Galant are still the best options.

I am heavily learning toward a smaller Pax wardrobe. I just need to find a set of sliding doors that'll each accept one piece of acrylic. Every set of doors I see in the planner has panel grids. I'm hoping that I am just misunderstanding something about their construction, not having one in hand.
pax_doors.jpg

Back