BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, they look just as thick, maybe a half an inch less thick, than the Vassbo. Which only costs $15/pop.

Considering the frame of the cabinet itself is over an inch thick, I don't think these new doors are going to obscure much of the shelving.

They don't look bad. I just don't think that they will work amazingly well with statues. I could be wrong.

When I customized my VARA door for a 3x1 besta I left 2.5" on the vertical edges and 2" on the top and bottom. I could have left 2" all around if I had the acrylic cut differently.

Anyway, the border around the perimeter of the door doesn't block too much of the view, in my opinion.

These doors should work ok (they actually look similar to the sliding doors on my pax). I would use the 2x1 doors, though...

You can buy parts to make your own Tombo doors if anyone wants them bad enough. The aluminum profile, corner clips, hinges and glass are all available retail and wholesale. This way you can make them any height you want as well. Can you make them as low-cost as IKEA used to sell them? No, not a chance. But if you must, it's possible and not terribly difficult to get the parts and make your own.

When I customized my VARA door for a 3x1 besta I left 2.5" on the vertical edges and 2" on the top and bottom. I could have left 2" all around if I had the acrylic cut differently.

Anyway, the border around the perimeter of the door doesn't block too much of the view, in my opinion.

These doors should work ok (they actually look similar to the sliding doors on my pax). I would use the 2x1 doors, though...

Def could have been worse. I'm just glad I picked up some Tombo spares.

Alright, I finished my Besta set-up for now! It's hard to take a picture of both sides together (room size, can't back up) so I had to take each shot separately. In the pictures, the faces seem to appear darker than they do in actual life. Just using my S3 for now:

czBYmqF.jpg
GrYDjL1.jpg

What kind of double sided tape is everybody using for their LED strips? I usually go with the gray exterior 3M mounting tape, but I chose the clear this time. I'm not sure if the clear is as strong as the exterior mounting tape, but I have a feeling it's the heat from the strip that is heating the glue up..because parts of the strip's tape starts to fall off after being on for a short period of time. Do the RGB strips run hotter than the single color strips? I never had a problem with the strip in my car falling off...

I really like the RGB LED strips. It's nice and bright, and the different colors give off an eerie effect :) I just have to figure out this tape situation...

Alright, I finished my Besta set-up for now! It's hard to take a picture of both sides together (room size, can't back up) so I had to take each shot separately. In the pictures, the faces seem to appear darker than they do in actual life. Just using my S3 for now:

View attachment 103172
View attachment 103173

What kind of double sided tape is everybody using for their LED strips? I usually go with the gray exterior 3M mounting tape, but I chose the clear this time. I'm not sure if the clear is as strong as the exterior mounting tape, but I have a feeling it's the heat from the strip that is heating the glue up..because parts of the strip's tape starts to fall off after being on for a short period of time. Do the RGB strips run hotter than the single color strips? I never had a problem with the strip in my car falling off...

I really like the RGB LED strips. It's nice and bright, and the different colors give off an eerie effect :) I just have to figure out this tape situation...

Nice setup. For my besta, I used the INREDA LED strips. They are fit precisely for the width of the besta, and they screw mount, so you don't have to worry about it falling onto your collection. They don't do different colours, though.

Back