BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The image I posted shows how you can split your display such that the frame down the middle doesn't affect the view. Tombo doors are (were) short, so people with long displays (statues) also had unsightly horizontal frames that they couldn't do anything about. Billy and Moreba should work much better for these kinds of collectibles.

If you don't want any frame lines it's best to go with huge glass panels like I did - no frames at all. ;)

Yeh, of course it can work for some people. That's why I suggested browsing through all the options online.

For me personally the Besta is king and this is a Besta thread.

Good luck spandy.

damn that's a lot of $$$. I'll be getting 2 more before they are sold out.

Yeah, came to about $450 :thud:

And i still need the Besta's to attach them to :lol

Can anyone confirm that the TOMBO glass doors have been discontinued?

I called Ikea and the guy said some of the Besta's and door, including Tombo's, are discontinued as of April 1st. So anything in stock is what there is.

Yeah, came to about $450 :thud:

And i still need the Besta's to attach them to :lol

I called Ikea and the guy said some of the Besta's and door, including Tombo's, are discontinued as of April 1st. So anything in stock is what there is.

I sure hope it's not cabinets we use.

It's been confirmed several times over the last few pages.

The Besra carcass shouldn't change just the accessories to go with it.
My local had very few units but they received a delivery last week.

It will no doubt cost a little bit more, but I'm sure it's possible to get some suitable aluminum extrusion to make your own similar doors. If you wanted to spend a LOT, you could buy the Morebo for the frames and hinges, then have glass custom made.

BINGO: https://www.richelieu.com/en/molding-for-aluminum-door-frame-35041210?fr=rec Everything to make your own Tombo doors is on that page except the glass. You'll have to find a retailer as these guys are distributors (they handle the whole Blum line in Canada as well).

Just noticed that chicago has 2 ikea's. the one i didnt check shoes they have 30 tombos!!!!!!

Might be back on the besta bang wagon when i get there. If its a fluke ill most likely settle with the billy and only put the more narrow statues behind glass.

I just got back from Ikea in houston. The site said they were sold out of Tombo's and i even called to double check. I still went just to see if their numbers were wrong and they were!! I found six that I needed, so I should be good to go; now i have to wait for the last shipment for bestas! FYI, if you're not too picky, the store would even allow me to buy the tombo's that were modeled all over the store. Their were quite a few and i'm sure you could get discounted prices! Hope this works for y'all!!

I thought it was mentioned already that they weren't stopping besta production just tombo doors.

Back