BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate you posting your thoughts mate, I think I'm going to get the 3 Besta's with 3 doors and see how it looks with the shelves shifted about outside of the door alignment. If I don't mind it I'll get the other doors, if it looks bad I'll keep one in line and have the others without doors.

I think!....

No prob ! Attached a pic to show the lowered shelf on sagat if it helps ur purchase decision

sepajyqa.jpg

Hey alvin :hi5:
What have you got the Wolf spare portrait on?

Hi ! It's sort of a DIY display stand that I modified from a wooden "box". Bought some clay and filled in the box and created a mountain shape at the top for the head to fit in. I then glued a magnet into the hole for better stability. Then sprayed the whole stand black.

agyse3ej.jpg

Nothing too fancy really :/

I'm pretty sure he's got these...

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50165404/

You can see the white strips at the top of the cabinets in the middle shelves. The good thing about those lights is that the strip of LED's are largely hidden behind the white strip so not glaring in your eyes like most of the others. It's what I plan to get.

Actually I think they're silver but, white, silver, point remains the same.

Very nice! Are those the Tombro doors? Where are your lights located, they are well hidden in that photo?

I'm pretty sure he's got these...

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50165404/

You can see the white strips at the top of the cabinets in the middle shelves. The good thing about those lights is that the strip of LED's are largely hidden behind the white strip so not glaring in your eyes like most of the others. It's what I plan to get.

Actually I think they're silver but, white, silver, point remains the same.

That is absolutely correct. They are the 55cm Inreda LED Strips. You can refer to the youtube video by Madxcollector on his ikea display purchase. It helped me a lot when I first bought my ikea pieces.

Hi ! It's sort of a DIY display stand that I modified from a wooden "box". Bought some clay and filled in the box and created a mountain shape at the top for the head to fit in. I then glued a magnet into the hole for better stability. Then sprayed the whole stand black.

agyse3ej.jpg

Nothing too fancy really :/

Nice!
I had a similar idea...

apox2.JPG

Those portraits are a pain to store with the fragile dreads and look cool displayed next to the statue :hi5:
Need to get around to painting mine.

Was thinking of picking up a white besta and painting the outside black. The furniture in my room is black so black matches better but I feel white on the inside of each cubbie would be brighter and show off the figures moreso than black. Any thoughts?

Wouldn't it be better buying Black/Brown and painting the inside White?
The outside is, obviously, more visible so would benefit from the better finish.

Dw316 I'm pretty sure they're not discounting the Besta shelf unit, maybe in the birch color but the actual shelf style. They've been having family pricing for awhile now!

photo.jpg

Most of my statues are GG, but there are plenty of PF's and 1/6 scales I plan on picking up this year.

Dw316 I'm pretty sure they're not discounting the Besta shelf unit, maybe in the birch color but the actual shelf style. They've been having family pricing for awhile now!

Sorry, that's what I meant, the IKEA Family price, but it ends next week January 29th. I want to get that white shelf but I can't order online and there are no stores that have it.

I wanted to get the white one because it "displays" the figure really well due to the light background, especially without light since it would cost electricity bill to go up if the lights are on all the time. However, it doesn't seem like IKEA in the US is carrying the white ones anymore. I'm afraid some of my figures, mostly the black ones, will get lost in the darker black shelves and I'm not sure how the birch or medium brown would look, so I don't know if I should wait and see if they redistribute the white shelves or if I should get one of the other colors now while the IKEA Family discounts is still available for the week.

Back