BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wise decision. However, if your planning on having a huge collection go with PAX. I have a small collection so Besta suits me perfectly.

I alway keep my collection to a minimum (or at least try) plus I'm getting more 1/4 scales now also.

I was thinking of the white because my office isn't huge but seeing the black (or darker) displays they just look a whole lot sexier, what do you think?

To me it is precisely what your thinking. Black is sexy and its a must to light them up with LEDs otherwise you lose you pieces in em. White makes your pieces pop with or without light. I have the dark but my cases are lit up like a Christmas tree.

To me it is precisely what your thinking. Black is sexy and its a must to light them up with LEDs otherwise you lose you pieces in em. White makes your pieces pop with or without light. I have the dark but my cases are lit up like a Christmas tree.

Yes that's it the lighting, think I'm gonna be spending a few quid on these so want it to be right! Thanks

Yes that's it the lighting, think I'm gonna be spending a few quid on these so want it to be right! Thanks

Also, I use cool white LEDs from Bar lighting.com. I really like the color they offer if you plan on lighting. People say IKEA lighting is nice too.

Also, I use cool white LEDs from Bar lighting.com. I really like the color they offer if you plan on lighting. People say IKEA lighting is nice too.

Yes there is an ikea LED strip that fits the width I also like the lights that points straight down. My office won't be finished until October so I have a bit of time to think about my options. Have you posted pics of your display here at all?

Yes there is an ikea LED strip that fits the width I also like the lights that points straight down. My office won't be finished until October so I have a bit of time to think about my options. Have you posted pics of your display here at all?

No, sorry bud. I figure once I get my collection where I want it I'll post some for all to see. I have about 4 more figs left on my list to pick up and I'll will be complete. With my LED strips, I cut strips of wood so that could cant the led strip so it was facing more into the cabinet, I also put a this rectangular strip of balsa wood (painted black of course) in from of my LED's so you can't see them with little to no glare. Don't know if you can picture that.

No, sorry bud. I figure once I get my collection where I want it I'll post some for all to see. I have about 4 more figs left on my list to pick up and I'll will be complete. With my LED strips, I cut strips of wood so that could cant the led strip so it was facing more into the cabinet, I also put a this rectangular strip of balsa wood (painted black of course) in from of my LED's so you can't see them with little to no glare. Don't know if you can picture that.

Yeah know what you mean, look forward to seeing pics one day. Thank for the advice!

My best advice: Get lighting in LED ribbon form from Amazon or eBay. And use *LESS* light than you think you'll need. What makes displays look GREAT are shadows, and you'll only get those with minimal and somewhat dictional light.

Your displays can also look decent fully blown out with IKEA Dioders or strips from Bar lighting, but you're going to pay 10x as much and as good as they look, someone who spent a fraction of what you did will have MUCH better looking displays.

And in case anyone was wondering, lighting is an art form, but it's easy to learn - though difficult to master.

My best advice: Get lighting in LED ribbon form from Amazon or eBay. And use *LESS* light than you think you'll need. What makes displays look GREAT are shadows, and you'll only get those with minimal and somewhat dictional light.

Your displays can also look decent fully blown out with IKEA Dioders or strips from Bar lighting, but you're going to pay 10x as much and as good as they look, someone who spent a fraction of what you did will have MUCH better looking displays.

And in case anyone was wondering, lighting is an art form, but it's easy to learn - though difficult to master.

Never worked with led ribbon before. Something simple I could manage to screw up. My collection isn't big so I wouldn't be spending much in the end really. I would like to know the wiring secret.

So easy. If you can solder it's brain-dead simple. If you can't, you can buy little clips/connectors. But honestly, everyone owes it to themselves to learn how to solder.

I did the same but combined to just need one piece of black painted wood trim.

a55e5b6163803bc7bf78d453251c4f84_zps8f42dda5.jpg

So, as a bunch of you know, I'm in the process of buying a house. YAY. Anyways, as much as I love my Besta's, and I do, I feel like they are just too bulky. There isn't anywhere to really build shelves in to a wall, so I would have to build them out. I just want to figure out something that will look great, without feeling so large or overbearing in the room.

So, as a bunch of you know, I'm in the process of buying a house. YAY. Anyways, as much as I love my Besta's, and I do, I feel like they are just too bulky. There isn't anywhere to really build shelves in to a wall, so I would have to build them out. I just want to figure out something that will look great, without feeling so large or overbearing in the room.

I have a bunch of ikea Expedit shelves lined up along a wall. I use the expedits to hold books/graphic novels, and the top is a great spot for statues! Check out the pics in my collection thread to see what they look like.

I have a bunch of ikea Expedit shelves lined up along a wall. I use the expedits to hold books/graphic novels, and the top is a great spot for statues! Check out the pics in my collection thread to see what they look like.

I also have an expedit but do not find it sufficient for pf's. I prefer enclosed shelving for my PF's.

I'm thinking of going with a white Besta so I don't have to fuss around with lighting, to be honest. :rolleyes2

Back