BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Draws, doors, open, whatever you want.

It's the same as a Besta, as in buy the carcass and add whatever you want, only 10cm deeper. Disadvantage only available in white.

Still can't understand why they do this and not offer other colors.

On a side note, my custom display is complete. I haven't loaded it up, but I'll try and get a pic of it up in the next few days. It's really epic. So much potential. :rock

I got custom lighting installed as well. So, so, so in love with it.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to hide wires in the Ikea Bestas?
230f9b76fe59da3fc8895c4718650e4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^^

You could put gaffing tape over it and secure them onto the ceiling/upper shelf. I have white BESTAs and use white tape, you could get the black ones.

Any one if there's any Bestas or something like Bestas that are horizontal but with out the divider? I'm wanting to display my 1/4 scale Turtles together but with out the divider.

Looks like I have room for one more Besta unit, but not a full 3 shelf unit.
Do you guys do the 2 shelf or buy the single frame and stack another one top of that one? Or does it matter 😁

Do you guys do the 2 shelf or buy the single frame and stack another one top of that one? Or does it matter 😁
I normally do the two horizontal ones. I didn't know there was an three wide one.

Do you guys do the 2 shelf or buy the single frame and stack another one top of that one? Or does it matter ��

You can customize however you want. My original setup started out with the 3x1 (tall), two of those eventually became 5, and each of those had the shorter 15" added to the bottom (I believe I got two 1x2 wide and one 1x1), and then I added a 1x2 and a 1x1 in the middle to create depth for my vehicles, and under those I had a 1x2 wide 15" and 1x1 15" to make the front even with the back. In those 15" BESTAs, I store the art boxes. I am possibly about to add more to the front section to create more added depth, though I may be forced to get a PAX instead for Prime 1's 1/3 scale. That probably doesn't make sense... :lol

Anyone ever paint anything from Ikea? I have a brown wood shelf (similar to Ikea quality - MDF with veneer or laminate). Anyone ever just use a duel paint/primer to paint it with any success?

Also, anyone use both types of legs?
Stubbarp and Nannarp? One more stable than the other? I like the aesthetic of the Nannarps.

Got me another besta now to get some 15 inch ones for my 1/12 collection
5163bed3448a4f4c7a0d398e07bcc9f2.jpg

Back