BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That definitely puts another question mark on my plans. I think I'll just buy the Besta units themselves when I'm there in Feb and just wait on the doors until I see what they come up with.

I found a info on the German Facebook Ikea Page:

IKEA Deutschland
Hej Björn , vielen Dank für deine ehrlichen Worte! Natürlich möchten wir unsere Kunden mit unseren Neuheiten und Innovationen begeistern. Es ist schade, dass uns das in deinem Fall aktuell nicht gelungen ist. Im Moment sieht es so aus, dass ein Großteil des BESTÅ Sortiments bis April 2015 von Board gehen wird bzw. dann ein Nachfolger in den Startlöchern steht

Google Translate ;-) :

IKEA Germany
Hey Bjoern, thanks for your honest words! Of course we want to inspire our customers with our new products and innovations. It is a pity that we are making a currently successful in your case. At the moment it looks like that a large part of the BESTÅ range will go until April 2015 board and then a successor in the starting blocks

so it seems besta is the next update line

They make changes every April.
Strange choice to drop the Glassvik after one year. They're making it difficult to expand collections with all the changes.
Tombo were available for years.

I wish they'd show pics of the new options so I'd know if I should go stock up on the ones available now or not. I'm still kicking myself over not getting more Tombo doors when I had the chance.

I like those new door spring openers/closers/dampeners that let you push a door open since it is on a spring, and close a door without it "banging". Unfortunately, they don't work for TOMBOs... :slap

I like those new door spring openers/closers/dampeners that let you push a door open since it is on a spring, and close a door without it "banging". Unfortunately, they don't work for TOMBOs... :slap
Took mine off as they need a small gap between the door and cabinet to operate.
Rarely open them anyway so not really needed.

I've got those on the solid doors on the bottom of my bestas. It's a pretty nice little device and cheap too. I may have to get a couple more Bestas before the new ones come out. I'm at that point where I don't want to have to spend the money to replace all of mine to get them to match.

I just bought one of these besta shelves for my witch king and my vader statue which will be here in February

It will be one of 2 besta shelves that will go here

Isn't there a window in that nook? Are you going to put a Best on each side or inside the nook covering the window? Along with most people, I'd probably recommend on either side, not blocking the window.

Is that nook is not a window or you're intent on covering it up, I'd suggest custom shelving instead of the Besta. It's easy to install some rails in the nooks/ walls and then put some finished shelf boards across, using up the entire space.

Isn't there a window in that nook? Are you going to put a Best on each side or inside the nook covering the window? Along with most people, I'd probably recommend on either side, not blocking the window.

Is that nook is not a window or you're intent on covering it up, I'd suggest custom shelving instead of the Besta. It's easy to install some rails in the nooks/ walls and then put some finished shelf boards across, using up the entire space.

I measured it and it fits perfect, its exactly the height of the floor to the bottom of the window shelf, so it will go across, as I want Sauron witch king and saruman standing next to each other. Megatron and optimus prime will go on the table in a fighting pose

Here is the table Megatron and Optimus will go on, until shockwave bumblebee and starscream start arriving, but that is for another time

Shame that plug/outlet thing is down there. I think the 1x2 saves you a little bit $$, but perhaps not much to make a huge difference.

Shame that plug/outlet thing is down there. I think the 1x2 saves you a little bit $$, but perhaps not much to make a huge difference.

Those plugs wont make much difference, as the white shelf where the window is will give the shelf some space, so that wont be in the way. Thankfully the besta shelves are cheap.

^ Cool. Why not get the 1x2 shelves so they're connected to each other? Or do you purposely want them separate?

^ Cool. Why not get the 1x2 shelves so they're connected to each other? Or do you purposely want them separate?

I want this one has a starter, see how it goes. It will fit my witch king and vader statues, plus the bigger one I am getting I tend to put films in there to clear space is well. So its killing 2 birds with one stone

Back