Best 1/6 Scale Batman..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After getting a custom cape, I'm going to go with the DX12. I have DX12, BR Keaton Batman and Adam West Batman. However, after seeing the newly developed body and based on pics, I have a feeling the regular version of Affleck Batman will supplant DX12.

I have a DX12 with the Armory head, and a custom cape. Looks the biz to me. I always liked the suit design, so no brainer for me. Pick whichever one you like most, that'll be the one that's best for you, generally.

I'm not a batophile though, just a casual fan who wanted A Batman on my shelf.

I prefer comic style figs. So my faves are the SSC Batmans. Then Batman Returns.
I got a Neal Adams suit for my Blue and grey Batman and used a DCD Classics Utility belt.
I hope SSC make more classic Batmans and a couple Robins also.

Tough choice, since I love them all but I have to go with the Arkham Batman. Esthetics alone, he's everything on the checklist when I picture the character.

26301278001_9b02e20a19_z.jpg

I’m late to the game. My focus was on collecting custom horror figures the last couple of years and now it’s completed. I’ve moved onto my next favorites...Batman and the rogues. I’ve picked up a custom Mad Hatter figure which I’ll work on later. Anyway, am looking into picking up Batman. My personal favorite is the Arkham Asylum. I am more into Batman from the video games than the films. However I looked everywhere and apparently neither Hot Toys or Sideshow did the Asylum version unless I missed something? I like the City and the Knight versions. Not sure which one to pick up though. If not picking up a game version, I also like the Gotham Knight that Sideshow did a while back. I’d like to hear your thoughts on any of this. Thanks!

I just picked up the 2015 Sideshow Batman, is there anyone who does custom Belts and chest emblems?

89 Bats is my favorite, followed closely behind by Batman Returns. Both are really perfect figures.

After that, my list goes:

Adam West Batman
Batman v. Superman Batman
Dark Knight Rises Batman

I have a dozen Hot Toys Batmen in total. Wouldn't part with any, but those are my favorites.

In my opinion they are all pretty inaccurate. Probably the best ones in terms of accuracy is the Keaton ones or Adam West. If you like Bale then I guess the DX12 but it's kinda skinny and has a weird shaped head. If you like Affleck then the Suicide Squad one is nice but the legs look awful.

Depends how one defines best. I don't see how either Keaton figure or the 1/6 Bale figures can qualify if articulation is taken into account. They can of course still be your favourite.

In terms of build quality, articulation, accessories and accuracy the two regular suit Affleck figures win hands down. Obviously if you hate that interpretation of the character none of those things will matter and you'd take a Keaton that's a statue in all but name.

Depends how one defines best. I don't see how either Keaton figure or the 1/6 Bale figures can qualify if articulation is taken into account. They can of course still be your favourite.

In terms of build quality, articulation, accessories and accuracy the two regular suit Affleck figures win hands down. Obviously if you hate that interpretation of the character none of those things will matter and you'd take a Keaton that's a statue in all but name.

The Keaton costume in the movie was a statue by that definition. Keaton barely had any range of motion. Can't get much more accurate representation than that.

The Keaton costume in the movie was a statue by that definition. Keaton barely had any range of motion. Can't get much more accurate representation than that.

:lol That's true I suppose. He did still seem able to punch and move his legs okay though.

This is a tough choice as obviously I love all the 1/6 Batman figures that I’ve bought. I have The HT Batman 89, Armoury DK Batman, BvS Batman and Armoured Batman and the blue SSC Batman. If I had to pick a favourite, I think I’d lean toward the BvS Batman just because I love that suit so much and I think it’s a perfect representation of Batman in any form. Damn hard to pick a favourite though as they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

I'm a huge Batman fan but I don't own any of the Hot Toys figures. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a figure that really represents how I'd like Batman to look.

The Adam West and Michael Keaton Batman Returns figures look good, but that's not MY Batman. I love the Dark Knight Trilogy and wouldn't mind owning a Bale Batman, but I'd prefer something closer to the comics. The closest are probably Arkham City and BvS. I love the games, but the Arkham City figure looks more like they modeled him after Dwayne Johnson - just way too huge and roided out. The BvS figure looks nice with some mods, but the bulkiness just makes him look too fat and stubby to me. The Justice League version looks a little better to me, but the cowl looks weird. The tactical suit version looks okay, but don't want a Batman that wears goggles.

Oh well, I'll probably just pre-order the Justice League regular suit Batman. Just cuz I need one to pose with Wonder Woman. :)

As SJ2106 says, it is almost impossible to determine the "best figure", however in terms of favorites I'll stick with Sideshow's Gotham Knight. I am actually surprised it doesn't get more love.

It has its flaws, especially in terms of articulation (loose joints and limited range), but it's the closest I found of "my" comic Batman and the only one I chose to keep (I've owned all the Hot Toys movie Batmen from TDK and 89, including the QS).

I mean, maybe the best figure is the one you don't have to mod so that it looks good or accurate. This is the only one I felt needed no upgrade for me to enjoy.

Back