Beachhead and Firefly 12" figures confirmed!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm personanly hoping they do that back pack all decked out with tools and stuff. Always loved his pack!

I think the "tool-box" backpack is essential. He also needs cell-phone/walkie-talkie.

I for one don't want a Zartan until Sideshow figures out how to deal with the body. I wouldn't want Zartan with exposed Pro chest, abs and itty bitty anorexic waist. :yuck
But that stuff can be worked around to some extent. Give me the head, the outfit, and the gear, and I'll solve the rest of it. But as I think about it, I don't see Sideshow going the rubber muscle route anytime soon, so they would probably opt for a mix between "classic" and "modern" versions, anyway, giving him a full shirt.

So long as everything fits securely, doesn't rattle around and fall out of place when closed, and the pack itself stays closed.

Definitely. I hope they take their time and work out all the possible kinks with him before he's released. Firefly has to be one of the $120 figures, he just wouldn't be the same without all kinds of goidies!

From today's (5/6) Ask Sideshow:

Is there any chance that Beachhead and Firefly can be made for the G.I. Joe series?

Yes! Both Beachhead and Firefly are currently in development for our G.I. Joe line.

Hmmmm, 'currently in development'......I'll get excited when they are actually announced.

Sideshow has had a history of 'in development' stuff that never gets produced.

Definitely. I hope they take their time and work out all the possible kinks with him before he's released. Firefly has to be one of the $120 figures, he just wouldn't be the same without all kinds of goidies!
If they are released, then by the time they are released, I wouldn't be surprised to find us reminiscing of the "good old days" before the basic Sideshow figure costed $200, with the "deluxe" figures going for $250+.

Hmmmm, 'currently in development'......I'll get excited when they are actually announced.

Sideshow has had a history of 'in development' stuff that never gets produced.

Didn't they say something similar about LOTR before it canned? I'm not saying the line's gonna tank, just that some figures could potentially be "in development" indefinitely. :lol

Everything from an Origins Kurgan to the Lone Gunmen have been 'in development'.

So, like I said, when I see official announcements I will get excited.

The thing about Joe is it's contemporary as well as vintage. There's really very few properties out there like that except for Star Wars and Transformers. Just my $0.02.

The thing about Joe is it's contemporary as well as vintage. There's really very few properties out there like that except for Star Wars and Transformers. Just my $0.02.

Yes, but that doesn't matter. Character difficulty does. Let's look at the SW line. When you take Chewbacca and the droids into account, we know they're surefire sellers and I'd almost say guaranteed sellouts. But they've been in development for how long now? I'll be glad if/when we see some from SS (or SS+HT), but I'm not holding my breath. That's what KD's talking about.

Yes, but that doesn't matter. Character difficulty does. Let's look at the SW line. When you take Chewbacca and the droids into account, we know they're surefire sellers and I'd almost say guaranteed sellouts. But they've been in development for how long now? I'll be glad if/when we see some from SS (or SS+HT), but I'm not holding my breath. That's what KD's talking about.

:lecture...........

these will get made, but like King said.. these might be release for next years sdcc. But... I'll be very surprised if we see unmasked joes this year.

I would have to agree when you put it like. I do hope the Joe line gets more attention though, there's lots of potential here but it will be hard to blossom with only four releases a year.

Back