Beachhead and Firefly 12" figures confirmed!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoDB1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
From today's (5/6) Ask Sideshow:

Is there any chance that Beachhead and Firefly can be made for the G.I. Joe series?

Yes! Both Beachhead and Firefly are currently in development for our G.I. Joe line.

No timeline was given; but it makes sense those two would be in development as Sideshow could use the same head sculpt for both.

Last edited:
This is cool news.

Khev will poop himself.

Still need Destro, Zartan and Bludd on the Cobra side, though.

they could use the same head sculpt for both if they wanted to do a half-assed job...

I agree. Beachhead's and Firefly's masks are completely different and it would be far too noticable in 1/6 scale if they shared a head sculpt.

I'm hoping the increased interest in this line warrants more than one figure per quarter.

I agree. Beachhead's and Firefly's masks are completely different and it would be far too noticable in 1/6 scale if they shared a head sculpt.

I'm hoping the increased interest in this line warrants more than one figure per quarter.

Sorry, for clarification I didn't mean that the two figures would share the exact same head sculpt. But SS could sculpt a "base" masked head and add whatever specifications they like. The eyes would have to be different, and the masks themselves would be differentiated by the material and design.

Yeah, I'd like more than one figure a quarter, too....and I'd like some unmasked figures. Not too fond of the unmasked Storm Shadow head, though...

Last edited:
I think it was pretty much a given that 2 very popular characters were being worked on.

For a second I thought we were getting figures from the series Firefly. :(

We are talking the real Firefly and the only one that matters!!

firefly.jpg

So far I am 100% right that SS will produce all of the masked figures first. :(

... ps thses two are in my top ten.

So far I am 100% right that SS will produce all of the masked figures first. :(

... ps thses two are in my top ten.

Why? We got Storm Shadow with and without his mask.

But I'm surprised just how straight forward the answer was. We usually get the can't confirm or deney response to questions like this. But I'm glad they gave us a straight answer.

Beachhead seems kinda obvious though. Like Snake Eyes, he would be relatively easy to get that realworld feel and maintain a look true to the character.

Why? We got Storm Shadow with and without his mask.

But I'm surprised just how straight forward the answer was. We usually get the can't confirm or deney response to questions like this. But I'm glad they gave us a straight answer.

Beachhead seems kinda obvious though. Like Snake Eyes, he would be relatively easy to get that realworld feel and maintain a look true to the character.

Ya it was straight forward but really means nothing, for all we know they are "working" on dozens of figures.

I would have prefered a " we will be offering these two guys in the coming year"

This is cool news.

Khev will poop himself.

Well they are two of my top favorites. :lol If you go by vintage prices over the last 10 years or so Firefly is one of the top four most sought after figures along with Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and Storm Shadow. No surprise that he'd be on the list and Beach Head was mentioned as a favorite with SSC in their First Look video.

Nevertheless its still nice to hear official confirmation that both are on the way! :rock

firefly.jpg

beachhead.jpg

Back