Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pictures from FB [emoji44][emoji23][emoji89]
ce1a2aff2bb976546727bf774ac6659c.jpg
ff34bc4b4ed547101bfd329ef94d0aaf.jpg
b67101c3d73c25609700eb2aefccd69d.jpg

These are very bad. Honestly, as someone else suggested, the 1/10 scale Kotobukiya PVC figure, has a better likeness. It looks like the teenage actress from Girl Meets World. Very little Gadot here. Big time fail IMO. Glad I cancelled.

That head sculp is a disaster:horror. If I were Sideshow, I would have cancelled the project below letting one of these out the door.

Is that a visible seam on the neck?

Attachments

• b67101c3d73c25609700eb2aefccd69d.jpg
    b67101c3d73c25609700eb2aefccd69d.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 111
I know SS doesn't have a great track record for likenesses, but this is really poor work.

$500? Seriously? Sideshow is better than this.

I know SS doesn't have a great track record for likenesses, but this is really poor work.

$500? Seriously? Sideshow is better than this.

Unfortunately with Sideshow $500 USD doesn't really add up to much nowadays.

I've been impressed with the facesculpts from Iron Studios and Prime 1, but they're both priced higher, with P1 being larger scales. But imo it's best to spend a bit more, than get frustrated with a less than adequate piece.

Please let us know what you think and if you can post pictures? (I apologize if you are someone who already does that regularly, it's so helpful to other collectors.)

Sideshow kindly allowed me to put my pre-order on hold to see some in-hand shots, I am hoping it's not truly horrible in hand (I can live with it not looking like Gal, as long as it doesn't look as blank as it does in the pictures we're seeing), and I can go through with it. Given how much subtlety (and sass) is in the first WW PF, I don't want this one looking completely out of place next to it.

Thanks!

Sure. Other will get theirs before me but I will post pics and give my opinion then. :duff

Is that a visible seam on the neck?

Looks like it. I for one am glad that the portrait is removable; If mine arrives with a bad paint app I'll have it repainted and it's easier to ship the portrait than the whole statue. :lol

Looks like it. I for one am glad that the portrait is removable; If mine arrives with a bad paint app I'll have it repainted and it's easier to ship the portrait than the whole statue. :lol

It has a seam, but I doubt it is removable without screwing up the statue (more).

It has a seam, but I doubt it is removable without screwing up the statue (more).

If you watch the unboxing video it comes separately.

Edit:

Drum18 beat me to it. :lol

On a side note: I've already contacted Skiman to ask about having mine repainted just in case.

Ski did a phenomenal job on my Slave Leia PF. :rock

On a side note: I've already contacted Skiman to ask about having mine repainted just in case.

Ski did a phenomenal job on my Slave Leia PF. :rock
Please let us know the result and $$$ as if this could be done to look like Gal, I would be taker!

Just got off the phone with Sideshow and canceled. CSR refunded me the NRD & $75 reward points I used. I can no longer justify $500 for this statue after the Facebook photos hit. I normally never cancel and wait till I have a statue in hand to pass judgement, but I’m over going through the hassle of this process. Hopefully this gets a revisit with a better likeness/paint job. I really wanted this piece so I am extremely disappointed. Congrats to those who get her and if the response winds up being positive, I’ll reorder.

Did they say how long the refund would take? I forgot to ask and I heard somewhere on here that they are backlogged with their refunds

I'm keeping my order- yes I'm not rational:panic:- hoping the HS looks better than those new horrible pics- very bad looking- almost like a joke? I love the whole statue itself and still want it

OMG sideshow. Even worse than the out of the box vid DAMN! But yeah to the ones who are keeping power to ya. I. I just cant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She didn’t but I’m guessing a few days. I didn’t even have to ask about saving my reward points and NRD-she just told me upfront total refund. They must realize this turned into a train wreck.

I'm of the opinion that if you don't mind waiting and you still want this, you should cancel your current preorder and wait until this hits the bargain bins.

Back