Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder who at sideshow will take the rap for this poor excuse for a headsculpt? If they paid money for gal's likeness I guess they could demand a refund :rotfl sorry to be salty but is just a wasted opportunity and sideshow knows it

I wonder who at sideshow will take the rap for this poor excuse for a headsculpt? If they paid money for gal's likeness I guess they could demand a refund :rotfl sorry to be salty but is just a wasted opportunity and sideshow knows it

I think that's probably the issue.......they probably never got the approval to have Gal's likeness. Probably didn't want to pay.

Why else would the facesculpt be..... what it is.

I think that's probably the issue.......they probably never got the approval to have Gal's likeness. Probably didn't want to pay.

Why else would the facesculpt be..... what it is.

You actually think they are capable of a screen accurate female face? I have 7 sideshow PFs and none of them are movie versions. Likeness isn't important on comic based pieces so that's okay but surely they wouldn't be able to advertise it as having the likeness of gadot if they didn't pay for it?

You actually think they are capable of a screen accurate female face? I have 7 sideshow PFs and none of them are movie versions. Likeness isn't important on comic based pieces so that's okay but surely they wouldn't be able to advertise it as having the likeness of gadot if they didn't pay for it?

Truthfully, no I don't think they're capable. But some of the reason must be that they either don't care or they just don't try hard enough.

Other companies don't seem to have this much trouble at least approximating an actors likeness.

And in general I believe most companies have had far more trouble sculpting an actresses likeness over that of male actors.

Though that prototype of Jyn Erso wasn't half bad.

I guess so, maybe they are trying harder on star wars as rey wasn't bad either. My favourite movie likeness is the gentle giant black widow, even though it's out of place amongst DC pieces I'll never let her go!

I guess so, maybe they are trying harder on star wars as rey wasn't bad either. My favourite movie likeness is the gentle giant black widow, even though it's out of place amongst DC pieces I'll never let her go!

Honestly I don't really like the likeness on the Rey statue all that much. It's okay and all, but imo it could've been better. I think it's probably just the paint job that I don't like. Sort of the same that's on the Loki that I have and do like, but where the face paint could been a few levels better.

I still think that Sideshow has to move over to using translucent resin for all facesculpt were likeness to an actor is key. Or even just in general for comic based statues as well. Just look at those P1 New 52 Supes and Lantern that have just shipped. The skin tones on those are impeccable.

I also have the GG BW. It's near perfect, and they were able to achieve that even without resorting to using translucent resin (wasn't that sculpted by a current Sideshow employee?). I still regret not going ahead with my second preorder with a New Zealand store. I could've flipped it and made quite a bit... I know... that's evil. But in the end I referred a fellow freak to order when I cancelled.

Honestly I don't really like the likeness on the Rey statue all that much. It's okay and all, but imo it could've been better. I think it's probably just the paint job that I don't like. Sort of the same that's on the Loki that I have and do like, but where the face paint could been a few levels better.

I still think that Sideshow has to move over to using translucent resin for all facesculpt were likeness to an actor is key. Or even just in general for comic based statues as well. Just look at those P1 New 52 Supes and Lantern that have just shipped. The skin tones on those are impeccable.

I also have the GG BW. It's near perfect, and they were able to achieve that even without resorting to using translucent resin (wasn't that sculpted by a current Sideshow employee?). I still regret not going ahead with my second preorder with a New Zealand store. I could've flipped it and made quite a bit... I know... that's evil. But in the end I referred a fellow freak to order when I cancelled.

Karma comes back around lol one good deed and all that :clap the thing about sideshow is that they are relatively cheaper than xm, prime 1 etc at least for me in UK. Yes they will up their game eventually to stay in the game but for now I'll stick to comic pieces

Are you guys referring to GG's 1/4 Black Widow from The Winter Soldier? If so, that was digitally sculpted using scans of ScarJo.

I wonder if SSC's already tried implementing that on their movie PFs, and if ever, to what extent.

Are you guys referring to GG's 1/4 Black Widow from The Winter Soldier? If so, that was digitally sculpted using scans of ScarJo.

I wonder if SSC's already tried implementing that on their movie PFs, and if ever, to what extent.

Yep, GG 1/4 Black Widow.

I was aware it was digitally sculpted. That's why I assume it was so easy for them to produce that smaller scale version that they did. I usually find it fairly easy to determine if a piece was digitally sculpted, as those pieces usually have very fine fabric textures when simulating clothing etc on their pieces.

And I would be surprised if Sideshow had been sculpting digitally on their movie pieces..... as I would assume that they would be better end pieces!

However I know that a few of their artists do sculpt digitally, like the Thanos on Throne which is shipping soon.

Most likely as it's usually the paint job that lets down Sideshow statues in general. However, the Rey sculpt appears to lack the structural detail the proto had.

Agreed, for some reason they can't get the natural skin look that Blitzways PVC sculpts can and retain some level of structural detail as they appear toosoft.

I also have the GG BW. It's near perfect, and they were able to achieve that even without resorting to using translucent resin (wasn't that sculpted by a current Sideshow employee?).

I am not sure what you mean by they were able to achieve that without resorting to using translucent resin, since the only purpose Translucent serves is giving the sculpt that soft skin look. Which is the next best thing to to silicon for skin realism.

Last edited:
I think he means it looks like a really good and accurate sculpt despite being polystone, which wouldn't normally look as good as other translucent mediums

Correct me if I'm wrong though :)

Damn. Even kotobokiya 1/6 plastic WW has a better head sculpt. Too bad man the piece overall looks awesome.

There are several movie pieces i really liked from sideshow but skipped because of likeness. These include: Thor 1 and TDW, Cap strike suit winter soldier, Batman the dark knight (which is actually better than I thought), Batfleck and TDK Joker which I actually ordered and cancelled. Lost my nrd on it but better than than owning something 500+ and not really liking it.

Hope SS gets better at this but sure looks they’re not there yet unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he means it looks like a really good and accurate sculpt despite being polystone, which wouldn't normally look as good as other translucent mediums

Correct me if I'm wrong though :)

Well saying it's accurate for a polystone sculpt doesn't make any sense, as there are plenty accurate polystone sculpts. Polystone is able to retain the same level of structural detail that translucent resin can, it just lacks the soft appearance translucent resin has, thus, it doesn't look life-like. However, saying they were able to achieve a near perfect realistic look overall without having to resort to using translucent resin to make the sculpt look real does make sense, so I get it now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited:
That's their opinion and they're welcome to it; I on the other hand like to see things in hand and in person.

Please let us know what you think and if you can post pictures? (I apologize if you are someone who already does that regularly, it's so helpful to other collectors.)

Sideshow kindly allowed me to put my pre-order on hold to see some in-hand shots, I am hoping it's not truly horrible in hand (I can live with it not looking like Gal, as long as it doesn't look as blank as it does in the pictures we're seeing), and I can go through with it. Given how much subtlety (and sass) is in the first WW PF, I don't want this one looking completely out of place next to it.

Thanks!

I'm glad the new price range kept me out of this line. A few years back and I would have tried to get the 2 batmans and this. This pf seems like it had some real ups and downs on the way to production. At first it was a decent headsculpt that didn't look like the actress. Then they updated it in the fall and it looked better and more like the actress. Then the final production piece went back to not looking like the actress or a good generic headsculpt. Lose-Lose. I guess somewhere in the middle a new prototype was made and then it was dumbed down for production? I wonder if they send production samples back to the artist group that made them? I'd be curious what they would say about this. I like the idea of collecting movie pfs but I'm slowly being convinced that comic based is the way to go. There's a lot less to scrutinize over when you take away likeness.

The whole likeness thing is why I have never and will never buy any statues based on a real person.

It's much easier to be disappointed by any kind of inaccuracies because you have the real person to go by and if the head isn't COMPLETELY accurate, it pretty much kills the whole thing. I also don't want a statue of Chris Evans....I want a statue of Captain America.

I'm not saying that none of the movie statues are cool....they are. But I don't know when it comes to them I guess I personally just don't want any that are based on real people.

I'm fine with statues of Gal Gadot. Maybe someone will do her in that black bikini from F&F.

Some pictures from FB [emoji44][emoji23][emoji89]
ce1a2aff2bb976546727bf774ac6659c.jpg
ff34bc4b4ed547101bfd329ef94d0aaf.jpg
b67101c3d73c25609700eb2aefccd69d.jpg

Back