Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Sideshow brings a new head, deluxe exclusive edition real gal look, just for 250 dollar extra [emoji23][emoji23]

I am getting mine professionally repainted, I will do pics and videos to show the difference

I plan on doing the same thing. I'm waiting to hear back from Skiman.

If I may ask; Who are you having repaint yours?

SSC must be pretty unhappy now about this. I think I am the only sucker that will keep my PO.....why I keep asking myself...

Nope. I'm keeping mine too; see answer above. :D

The space between the eyes appears greater on the final product, so the mold looks warped. Nevertheless, a repaint would certainly makes this look better.

Yes, obviously they are trying to copy what Blitzway does, by putting a PVC head on a polystone body. The problem with doing that is there is a greater chance of the final product sculpt being warped during the proto resin piece to PVC product conversion process. Even Blitzways PVC statue sculpts are warped to some degree but the difference is usually minimal. Obviously Sideshow are not capable of preventing the sculpt from being warped to a significant degree.

thanks for the explanation. This is such a disappointment.

Whoa! He does some really great work, thanks for sharing the information! :duff
Yup. So once Wonder woman arrives I will ship the monstrosity of a head to him. And post a video on my YouTube

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am getting mine professionally repainted, I will do pics and videos to show the difference

Please send me the contact info of your painter if it turns out well.

Edit - saw it and messaged him.

In hand pics from FB

Attachments

• 0D490964-8987-432D-8094-47C57C15AA0F.jpeg
    0D490964-8987-432D-8094-47C57C15AA0F.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 150
  • C9541290-8E16-4070-9425-0CB7129EF88A.jpeg
    C9541290-8E16-4070-9425-0CB7129EF88A.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 143
Just saw some in hand pics on facebook. Looked about the same as the production pieces photos SSC released...otherwise, not good.

edit: burning beat me to it! there you have it.

HS slightly better in those pics...but oh well I'm sticking with her...main problem is the eyes- too small and certainly not Gal's at all!

HS slightly better in those pics...but oh well I'm sticking with her...main problem is the eyes- too small and certainly not Gal's at all!

I felt like at certain angles on the proto, you had glimpses of gal. Now I don't see it at all, like zero. Maybe a repaint could fix that, not sure. Anyways, I am interested to see repainted heads for anyone still sticking with this.

I can't seem to find the official details of what this statue is made out of.

Some have said Polystone, PVC head? etc.

But just by looking at some of those pictures, the skin details make it look to me like it was produced by some sort of translucent resin. Can anyone who gets it in hand confirm.

And if it really is a non polystone facesculpt, Sideshow really has to go back to school. How do newer companies such as Prime 1 and Iron Studios not have those kind of problems.

If sideshow care about their customers or their reputation they should just redo the sculpt. Start from scratch. Make it a replacement head for every customer like they did for every huntress cape. That would redeem the situation, sure it would take time - and money but I think it is better than not selling any. Here's hoping :dunno

If sideshow care about their customers or their reputation they should just redo the sculpt. Start from scratch. Make it a replacement head for every customer like they did for every huntress cape. That would redeem the situation, sure it would take time - and money but I think it is better than not selling any. Here's hoping :dunno

Have Sideshow ever done anything like that before. But then again have they ever done anything so bad........probably.

And unfortunately there's quite a bit of difference between a fabric cap that can fit in an envelope and a full headsculpt that has to be redesigned from scratch. Imo that's wishful thinking.

I think they'll just except that this piece will be a total loss write off.

If people care about their $500, they shouldn't spend it on something they're unhappy with. It's not like this is hidden from the world....it's right there. This isn't some electronic device that may or may not be defective. If the face is good enough for you, fine. If not, that's fine too. But it's not like people don't know what they're getting.

Yup. So once Wonder woman arrives I will ship the monstrosity of a head to him. And post a video on my YouTube

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cool, I look forward to seeing it. :duff

While that would be ideal for both Sideshow and their customers; I highly doubt it'll happen.

But you never know. Anything is possible.

Yeah, I think my local store is still trying to offload the Man of Steel piece. And I sort of see this piece in the same vein as that.

Our poor Sideshow distributor ended up giving away those cancelled MoS orders via raffle every now and then. Then those who win usually sell it for cheap right away.

After that, our distributor started charging higher NRDs, which I understand.

Back