BATMAN BEGINS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Glad you liked it Dave! Although I do disagree on certain opinons. First, Cillian Murphy gave one of, if not THE best performance in the film (and this is a film FULL of GREAT performances). He was soooo creepy and perfect (and cute as hell!). And the effects that they used when he became "the SCARECROW" wow!

Also, I loved the batsuit and everything about it. I thought the cowl looked great and thought it was really interesting how, when wearing it, you really couldn't tell that it was Christian Bale.

The one thing i'll give you is the camera work during fight scenes. I would have liked them to pull out a little bit and give us a little more discernable fight scenes. However, the first time "Batman" attacks this style worked VERY well... just thought that in scenes such as the prison brawl and (SPOILER) the end fight with Batman and Duckard, we could have used a little more room between the action and the camera.

STILL, best film of the year so far! And I LOVED Burtons Batman films, still do. I love what he did with them. But this is so completely different that you can have both and enjoy them both for different reasons! Can't wait for the second one... Batman Continues?

I saw it today, and WOW, it rocked. Go see it if you haven't already.... (Plus, there was a Serenity trailer with this one!)

:bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat :bat

AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! The only thing I can nick pick at is the girl who played the love intrest or whatever. Could of been better, but o well AWESOME MOVIE

WOW. I mean I knew it was going to be good because of people's reactions, but it far surpassed anything I every hoped for in another batman film.

'It is not who I am, but what I do, that defines me.' Something like that anyways and then he jumps off the building. It just sent chills through my spine.

The comedic lines helped to lighten up the mood also. IMO a little too much comedy, but not enough to ruin the film. I could tell that Nolan and the other script writer were having some fun.

I loved how they focused this movie on the back story of Batman.

One complaint, which other people have expressed is that too much of the fighting was up close. I agree in that they should have pulled the camera back a few times.

Easily the best comic book based movie for me.

Glad to hear it SwoopingCloak.... but I have to totally disagree with you on one point.. the comedy. I thought this movie had the PERFECT tone and that not once did the movie shift in tone or do something that didn't fit. The comedy was VERY dry and very rare... Alfred had a couple lines that were amusing (I don't want to say flat out funny.. though a couple were). But the movie itself, in my opinion anyway, had JUST enough light hearted moments. But that is just my 2cents.

And also, Katie Holmes did a fine job IMO. There were some AMAZING performances in this film, her's was not amazing, but she certainly rose to the occasion and didn't detract from the story.

I can't imagine them doing it, but i would LOVE LOVE LOVE if the sequal got an "R" rating here in the US. I agree with Christian Bale... we need to see some "bat sex". Some steamy romance not just this implied romance... plus.. an "R" would ensure that the Joker could be as messed up and disturbing has he was in the comics. But like i said, i doubt it.

Batman Begins

Yep, saw it last week myself and being a Batman fan for over 30 years, was worried. No fears now Nolan nailed the Batman and his world. Minor but important characters from the comics finally appear, like Fox, Earl, Falcone, Flass, and Zsasz, and others. This Batman is definately set more in a reality based world and definatley don't take the young kids. I counted twelve in the theater that left with parents, crying at the scary scenes. I've seen people complain about the camera during the fight scenes. I read an article that Nolan didn't want people to really get a good look at the fight scenes thinking they'd look too choreographed as in the other films. He used the camera to show the confusion, fear, and all out brutal tactics used by the Batman taking down an enemy and disappearing back to the shadows. My only complaint, is I'm sick of the rubber suits. While cooler than the others, I figured at least they'd go with a dark grey body this time to more closely match the comics.

Re: Batman Begins

Well, seems peoples complaints over Miss Holmes performance have some weight after all. She has been dropped from the sequel. According to PageSix, they weren't all that nice about it either. Stating that they were pissed that her relationship with Tom Cruise stole a lot of media attention from the film. They also said that for the sequel they would get "a much stronger actress." OUCH. haha...

Like many online, I say dump the whole love interest angle all together. There are plenty of women in the Batman comics without creating a half assed Love angle that we know will end up nowhere. Bring in Selena Kyle!

I finally saw it and LOVED it.

I am a big Batman and Returns fan so my expectations were very low.

This movie just rocked from beginning to end. PERFECTION.

One of the best movies in a very long time IMO. This is a step above X-men, Spiderman, X2, anything.

Well done WB!!!! Bring on the sequel.

If anyone has not seen it yet, go to the theater now!!!!

wow they already dropped katie holmes??? thats funny!!! i figured something might happen when the whole love thing with tom cruise became public. i still think its just a fake publicity stunt but whatever. i think nicole kidman is 100 times hotter than katie will ever be. so they are gonna have the joker in the next movie?? that sux because i dont think they can pull it off like the original with jack nicholson.

Very very impressed :bow :bow I have to confess that my Batman interest began with the TV series (I was very young & impressionable :google :google :google )

Very convincing, very believable characters. I particularly liked Jim Gordon and Morgan Freemans character. The fight scenes were a bit confusing, but it was a well told story and I can't wait fer part 2 :banana :bat

TC :bat :bonk :eye :bonk :bat

Finally!! I finally saw this one and it was absolute perfection. I loved those scenes in, I think it was Mongolia(?) beautiful! I've never seen something like that in a movie before. the performances, writing, camera work, set design, music, special effects were fantastic. I especially love the music they played as Batman made his intro. And the Scarecrow was a great villain as was Ra's Al Ghul, I didn't anticipate the twist at the end.

And for anyone who says the Batmobile looks like a Humvee, go back and watch the film. It might be a wide vehicle, but it was not to much taller then an average sized car.

The only thing I didn't like so much was Katie Holmes. She gave an average performance, some scenes she was in were quite good, but I just don't believe her in the roll, she seemed too young to be a prosecutor, and didn't give much of a performance, if she is off this franchise, good.
--SPOILERS--

Liam Neeson was great! I didn't expect him to be Ra's. He gave such a better performance then he did in Star Wars. And His character in Batman was a better version of a teacher then it was in SWTPM.
Cillian Murphy was Great as the Scarecrow. I do think he was too young to play a Psychiatrist, But his performance more then made up for it.
And god, do I love Gary Oldman! he's great in everything he does! He is one of the very best actors ever in my opinion. All his characters are realistic, layered and different. I always have to remind myself he's British when I see him on the screen.
Same goes for Tom Wilkinson, I was thinking every time he was on screen "isn't this the same british guy that was in The Full Monty?" he was very good.
And Bale gave a perfect performance!
I agree with the comments on the cowl, Batman still can't turn his head very well, and it could have been designed much better, but it worked. I usually hate shaky camera work, but here I liked it, I felt it was giving the fight scenes a greater since of Carnage then what was really there. And that Batmobile Rocked! :rock

saw it again today and liked it even more. This movie is just soo soo good. From beginning to end just an amazing piece of cinema!

This film kicked ass.. I hope they ignore all past batmans and keep going w/ this one..

Bravo..:clap

Finally saw this last night, and it rocked!

I watched a few minutes of Burton's Batman on TV the other night, and it seems soooo cheesy now. I caught the part where the Joker spray paints all the artwork while dancing to some horribly dated 80's tune..ughhh.:puke

Now THIS film is the most realistic comic movie I have ever seen. I've stated before that Christopher Nolen is one of my favorite young directors working today, and I had high expectations for this one. I really hope he comes back for the sequel. I'm sure the Joker will be very dark, sinister, and complicated. Finally, an ADULT comic film has been made. All previous Batman films are junk in my mind compared to this, and I'll put them out of my mind in terms of continuity problems.

Back