Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Long Halloween skin doesn't really work without Tim Sale's art-style influence. It just looks like a non-descript comic styled skin. It's really only the trunks that give it any hint of being TLH costume.

Having said that, it does look cool though. The Thrillkiller skin looks very nice aswell.

I could tell by the body type that it was Sale's, after they said that one of them was, but I really don't understand why they can change the body types, but not the face.

I could tell by the body type that it was Sale's, after they said that one of them was, but I really don't understand why they can change the body types, but not the face.

I'm guessing so that they're all basically the Arkham Origins Batman but in different outfits maybe? All the skins so far have had the exact same AO Batman face (those that can be seen) whereas some of the City skins had different faces (Year One, TDKR).

On the subject of skins, does anyone have a high red pic of the CE image released today? I want a better look at that Golden Age/First Appearance Batman skin in the bottom left hand corner.

Nevermind, actually, someone posted it on the Arkham City forums:

tumblr_mr61sl336r1ruzgx0o1_500.png

Side note: As far as the Knightfall stuff goes; well, I hope you're all on PS3:
1091867_602314223141534_743871906_n.jpg

919iavOA9sL._SL1500_.jpg

This is what I might buy.. shame though that it's not available on PC, from what I've seen.

Up on STEAM. Pre-order bonus is the Deathstroke content. No TF2 hats. :(

About the Game

Batman™: Arkham Origins is the next installment in the blockbuster Batman: Arkham videogame franchise. Developed by WB Games Montréal, the game features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, the first two critically acclaimed games of the franchise. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships.

Key Features:

The Arkham Story Begins: Batman: Arkham Origins features an all-new single-player campaign written by Dooma Wendschuh and Corey May, with Geoff Johns consulting. Players become an early-career Batman as he encounters for the first time many of the super villains that shape his future.

Enhanced Detective Mode: Batman’s detective skills are tested as never before with an all-new Crime Scene system that allows players to scrub through the evidence in order to find key pieces of information. Players use Batman’s Cowl and Bat Computer to digitally recreate crime scenes, allowing them to track clues that normal eyes would miss.

Gotham City as Never Seen Before: Explore areas of Gotham City before its transformation into Arkham City, and experience all new areas and other iconic locations. The dynamic and rich environments are filled with a variety of enemies, “crimes-in-progress” and other content that will encourage exploration and player engagement.

Most Wanted Side Missions: Hunt down villains who are connected to, but not part of the core story. It’s the player’s choice if and when they want to complete these threads.

New Gadgets: Utilize an arsenal of familiar gadgets from previous Batman: Arkham games, as well as new items such as the Remote Claw. Batman can take down enemies by using the Remote Claw to attach enemies to one another or to objects within the environment for quick takedowns.

New and Familiar Characters: Encounter a full cast of iconic DC Comics characters including Black Mask, Penguin, Deathstroke, Bane, Anarky, Captain Gordon, The Joker and others.

Wow - so the PS3 exclusive Knightfall pack that comes with the collectors edition has Five Knightfall themed challenges and Two skins! That must be really frustrating for those with an XBox though!!

Apparently the Knightfall challenges will feature Knightfall appropriate vilalins too. Sounds awesome!! I just pre-ordered the collectors edition and can't wait for this now :D

Man, they are really screwing those of us on XBOX again aren't they? I don't get WHY though. Every time Rocksteady did a demo, it was with an XBOX, not a Playstation. You'd think they'd favor their favorite system with the exclusives. I know they aren't doing this game, but they set the precedent back with AA's Joker exclusive.

I'm guessing that the game devs don't have a say in the matter, I'd imagine its WB that makes those decisions.

Man, they are really screwing those of us on XBOX again aren't they? I don't get WHY though. Every time Rocksteady did a demo, it was with an XBOX, not a Playstation. You'd think they'd favor their favorite system with the exclusives. I know they aren't doing this game, but they set the precedent back with AA's Joker exclusive.

They shouldn't play favoritism at all. It just irritates the fans.

Agreed. I mean I get it if you want to give EACH system an exclusive but to only give ONE of them an exclusive is a real kick to the ***** to anyone buying it on a different system. Its basically the same as saying we really don't care about you, buy it if you like, but we don't care about your money enough to give you something extra too.

It's amazing they could get away with these preorder/console exclusives in the 1st place. But it's not surprising. People in the Arkhamverse and Arkham City forums are salivating over this game.

I'm guessing that the game devs don't have a say in the matter, I'd imagine its WB that makes those decisions.

Exactly. Sony pays booku bucks to get exclusives, and, honestly, I hope it never changes, for purely selfish reasons. If exclusives stopped altogether, I'd be fine with that, but I am, and always will be, a Playstation owner, so the fact that Sony dishes out $ to get exclusive content for a franchise based on my favorite character isn't a bad thing to me.

Posted on facebook:

1102472_622006151165214_5299491_o.jpg

This awesome package includes a copy of Batman™: Arkham Origins, an exclusive Joker statue featuring LED effects, an 80-page, full-color hardcover art book, the full length DVD feature film Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics, exclusive in-game content and much, much more.

Set to release on October 25, 2013, this Collectors’ Edition will be produced in limited quantities so be sure to pre-order and reserve your copy today! https://bit.ly/14UE6SS

Back