Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps Conroy is voicing an older Batman and Origins is set in his narrative? Or perhaps Rocksteady are working on a next-gen true sequel to Arkham City and Conroy's voicing Bats in it.

That's what I'm thinking now. Rocksteady said they're working on a "top secret" game yet to be revealed and I'm guessing it's the sequel Arkham City.

- The Joker
Batman-Arkham-Origins-1.jpg

- Other screenshots (fixed):
Batman-Arkham-Origins-3.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Origins-2.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Origins-4.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Origins-5.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Origins-6.jpg

1365580120-1.jpg

1365580122-9.jpg

1365580121-6.jpg

- The new trailer:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWorwYmCuX4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Wow! Really digging the way Joker looks. They did a nice job making everyone look younger from the Arkham games.

Batman-Arkham-Origins-1.jpg

Incredible trailer. Blown away. I want a full movie of this.

Batman's got his work cut out for him in this one.

It looks like a similar storyline to Rises in that, Batman gets beat but comes back. If you check out the deathstroke poster for his DLC, you can see he's holding batman's mask.

Man this looks so good.

I really hope Conroy was referring to Origins in the video of the con.

Perhaps Conroy is voicing an older Batman and Origins is set in his narrative? Or perhaps Rocksteady are working on a next-gen true sequel to Arkham City and Conroy's voicing Bats in it.

It would be such a silly decision to hire a new actor considering we've just learned that Kevin has been recording something Arkham related, and he admits on Fatman on Batman that he'll do the voice as long as fans want him too.

I'm really loving black mask's voice, and his whole design in fact. But the voice seems like a perfect fit for him.

Those new screenshots look great. Joker looks quite genuinely creepy.

Can't wait to see other designs and what other characters show up.

It would be such a silly decision to hire a new actor considering we've just learned that Kevin has been recording something Arkham related, and he admits on Fatman on Batman that he'll do the voice as long as fans want him too.
Yes but Rocksteady has been working on a game for a while now that they haven't revealed yet. For all we know, it can be the sequel to Arkham City while Montreal is doing the prequel. :dunno

There was a rumor stating that they were looking for a younger voice actor to fit the younger Batman and now IGN says they hired someone else so I'm leaning towards the fact that Kevin is doing voice act on the sequel instead of the prequel. Who knows. I rather have Kevin just voice Batman entirely for this entire line.

Same here. His voice won't have changed that much regardless of how old he is. I really hope it's conroy. Hopefully we get some clarity on this!

Thing is, Kevin Conroy has proven to be fit enough to voice a very young Batman and a very old one. No one can argue otherwise. The only reason he wasn't involved in projects such as The Dark Knight Returns is that it's a totally different Batman with a different personality than the classic Conroy Batman.

The Arkham Origins Batman is still the within the Arhamverse so with that said, I'm confident he'll be voicing Origins. :)

Amazing trailer. Absolutely blown away by it. Someone seriously needs to make a full length CGI Batman Arkham movie like that. So pumped for this now.

Black Mask, Deathstroke, Penguin, Deadshot, Bane, Anarky, Joker. That's a pretty damn good list so far without the un-announced villains. I'm actually a little suprised no female characters have been announced/revealed yet though.

As for the Conroy is/isn't Batman debate.... Since quite a few sites are now listing Roger Craig Smith as the VA, I'm inclined to believe it's him and not Conroy.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Conroy just accidently confirmed Rocksteady's Arkham 3 though!

Kevin is NOT Batman guys. It's just been confirmed. Looks like Kevin might indeed be the narrative.

Batman: Arkham Origins stars Roger Craig Smith as Batman, Troy Baker as Joker

Kevin Conroy will be in Arkham Origins, but not as Batman, despite his storied career with that character.
Arkham Origins stars Roger Craig Smith as Batman and Troy Baker as the Joker, Warner Bros. announced on May 20.

Warner Bros. revealed Batman: Arkham Origins is fronted by two of gaming's most prominent voice actors. Roger Craig Smith is confirmed as the caped crusader, and Troy Baker is his nemesis, the Joker.

If you don't recognize the names, you'll definitely recognize their previous work. Craig Smith's immense portfolio includes Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed, Chris Redfield from Resident Evil, and he's the current voice of Sonic. While he's never starred in anything Batman related, he does have superhero experience. It is for the other side, however; he's played Captain America in both games and animations.

Baker is similarly prolific. While he recently graced our screens as Booker DeWitt in BioShock Infinite, his past work includes Sgt. Matt Baker in Gearbox's Brothers in Arms, Snow from the Final Fantasy 13 line, Kai Leng from Mass Effect 3, and Vincent from Catherine. When we profiled Baker around this time last year, he shared his love for all things Batman on the back of starring in Arkham City.

"Being a part of Arkham City was just incredible - because I'm a huge Batman fan," Baker told us, "And to play Two-Face and Robin after growing up watching The Animated Series was a banner moment for me."

The news follows apparent confirmation long-time Batman vocalist Kevin Conroy does star in Origins, but how he features remains to be seen. We know Origins deals with Batman's "initiation into that insane world" of the other Arkham games, so perhaps Conroy's role is something retrospective. Even if Conroy doesn't play the dark knight in any sense in Origins, to fans he's still the goddamn Batman.

https://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/20/batman-arkham-origins-stars-roger-craig-smith-as-batman-troy-b/

Bit disappointed that we aren't getting Mark and Kevin back but at least Kevin he is in the game.

Last edited:
I am starting to nerd rage over this... if Conroy is only narrating then that is completely retarded.

Troy Baker as the Joker? WTF?... I really hope he does a decent job. :(

Strange. I thought Deadshots voice sounded like Roger Craig Smith in that trailer...

Take this as you will, but the friend of mine who first told me about Conroy voicing Batman in another Arkham game went back the next day to get his autograph, and, when he did, he asked about Conroy's earlier comments about the next Arkham game. Conroy said that he had no ties to Origins and that the game to which he was referring hadn't been revealed, yet. It's all right here, so you can see for yourselves:
https://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116192&page=196

Back