Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't really like the crime recreation at all. The concept was cool, but they held your hand through 95% of it, making it feel more like a cutscene you couldn't skip.

Speaking of that - when you walk the Joker through Harley's diagnosis, then return to the Batcave and Batman is stumbling, that back to back slow pace killed the momentum of the game for me. I hated that between those two scenes, and the poisoning scene, the game had to drag out time played by forcing you to stumble along for an extended period of time.

Both previous games did this (actually, did City? I can't remember for sure), but not multiple times.

Well, WB Montreal, you really know how o ruin a party. I told myself I was going to beat New Game Plus by tomorrow night, but, instead, O just said "**** it." I get to the Deathstroke boss battle, I'm all excited, and immediately after the cutscene, the game froze right at the beginning of the battle. :slap

Damn, that sucks dude. I recently started playing through new game plus but I've been putting it off due to all the horror stories of it freezing and ruining my game. A shame as I love the game in general, but the problems are really ruining it.

I managed to beat it last night. Perfect timing to finish it on Christmas Eve. Love this game, but it's too bad so many people are experiencing problems with it.

Now I just need to go back through and complete all those pesky Dark Knight challenges.

1531937_691723397526822_1982057500_n.jpg

So that was posted on the Batman Arkham facebook page a couple of days ago. Probably a reveal of some more dlc for Arkham Origins. What are the chances that we get some info on the next Arkham (Rocksteady) game?

I'm hoping for the latter. Mind you that 12.31.13 is New Year's Eve, and next year is Batman's 75th Anniversary. I like WB Montreal, but I'd take a Rocksteady game any day of the week on polish alone.

Word. Maybe introduce another villain or a mission as deathstroke. Either way, I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't mind if there was some extra content on Shiva. I know her story was closed with the completion of the side mission, but I wouldn't mind if Batman tried to track her down only to find Ras' al Ghul.

Last time I checked, Calendar Man is still on the loose; it could always be something to do with that.

:lecture I completely forgot about that.

I'm so conflicted!

I'd much rather play it on the PS3, since I have the previous two Arkham games on console. But, the graphics sure do look pretty on the PC...

Conflicted also; big fan of the first two but held back with all the mixed reviews. Is the freezing problem for online only or story mode as well? I can pick it up for $30 which is tempting but would hate to reach an achievement and the game crash on me

I found that it's more prone to freezing online and I made it through the singleplayer freeze-free, but that definitely hasn't been everyone's experience and it's rough around the edges everywhere. Still, might as well just try your luck. They messed up the challenge system to pad the game's length so you'll probably have to do multiple playthroughs for achievements regardless. IGN summed it up best, Arkham games are like pizza, even when they're not that great, they're still great.

Well, okay I didn't think it was great, but it was enjoyable having new reasons to glide around and junk.

Last edited:
I've been playing it, I'm officially a die hard fan of this series, and I think this is at least as good as AA, in fact, the characters are a bit deeper in this 3rd game than in AA and AC IMO as far as I've played it.

$20 is a pretty good deal.

Back