1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope that doesn't mean HT gives up on the Burtonverse. Its visually so much better than Nolan's stuff. Normally that works in a line's favour, to be more 'toyetic', but for whatever reason the opposite seems to be the case here.

Maaaan, if I could go out and walk into some local store that sells this Batmobile for $570 bucks or Batman and Joker for $140 each, I'd by multiples just for the hell of it (well, probably not of the Batmobile).

I've always wondered what these Asian stores are like overseas. To walk in and see these shelves full of these high end collectibles for the above prices. All we have here are a few comic stores and Toys R Us anymore, and they don't really carry collectibles like these (and if they do they're all completely sold out). Makes me wonder why overseas ebay stores price gouge their items. The DX 09 Batman prices for full figures and accessories/weapons are too high and ridiculous. With supply and demand, I'd think that they'd go for pretty cheap considering the lack of interest. I'd love to stock up on some cheap DX 09 rubber armor/truetype body suits.

I thought of that, but at $570 with free delivery and still the stocks aren't moving tells me that it's beyond that. Sell a tumbler at the same price and it's gone soon. Also, 89 Joker and Batman here are selling at $140-170. So yeah, I think most collectors here are not into Burton Batman.

An '89 Batman for $170?

Who? Where? Do they ship to Australia? :panic:

I want one but the best prices I have seen are $300+when I can get one that ships here. Oh to be in the USA... :flag :fest

Either that or I'm not looking hard enough. :slap :huh

I've not been to HK or Singapore where I was told collectible shops are abound, but I've been to the US several times and yes, so far all I've seen are comic shops and only a few of them are selling HTs. And the HTs they have in stock are those that nobody wants. I've bought a couple of HTs at comic conventions, and the sellers/exhibitors usually operate online stores instead of brick and mortar shops. Here in Manila there are several, and I think some of you might have fun finding a bargain as not all franchises that're big in the US have a huge following here. DX13 still hasn't sold out and are being sold for $240-$250, DX Luke Skywalker at around $220. Iron Man, TDK and Marvel movie figures, OTH... :lol

Chr0n0, if you could try browsing the OSR B/S/T Facebook group you might get to see an ad from the Philippines selling DX09 for that cheap, and might get a shipping deal as well :)

Thanks HeubertMichael, I'll take a look. :hi5:

Are there any reputable sellers you could recommend (PM me)?

I've had the Batmobile since Christmas but it looks lonely without a Batman.

anazage4.jpg
uvazyzys.jpg
lol

I'm moving in the next few months, can't wait to get my Batmobile out of storage and properly displayed.

When I bought this vehicle, I got it with a custom box of the original... Luckily on eBay I found a seller who sold the boxes only, except he had to take apart to ship it and a 100 bucks later I get it, my original seller sent me the foam and the pieces that hold it up, a lot of tape and a lot of patience make all the difference!!! Finally I can put it in storage... Even with the shell, dust gets inside of it.

Even though I still have the original box, it's all cut up in sections so when I tried to put it together, it would have looked awkward with all the tape around it! Finally this is done, never buying a huge vehicle overseas...

I just realized how my box is different from the american version, so clearly there must be something weird going on. My box has clasps on top that can be closed without tape and have seen some people's boxes here that just have tape covering the top. it's conspiracy

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Uploading this video yesterday made me go down and gaze at the Hot Toys version again last night particularly for the segment at the 3:50 mark... :)

Sallah

Bbts just got another one of these in stock and I snatched it up!!! Pretty excited but have no clue where I'm going to display it or how I'm going to pay for it.

The problem of space is current for some of us due to the huge size of this beauty!
As Jay i'm mooving in the next weeks so i'll can display it and take it out of storage of my father's house basement... He accepted to make me a little of space...

You should had see his face when i came with the box...
He told me:

" It can't be a miniature!!! What's the scale???"

Uploading this video yesterday made me go down and gaze at the Hot Toys version again last night particularly for the segment at the 3:50 mark... :)

Sallah

Thats awesome! Never seen this and how cool is Keaton with the cape. :D

Has many people seen this?

Thank you Sallah for this great video, specially the segment wich is amazing!

Thats awesome! Never seen this and how cool is Keaton with the cape. :D

Has many people seen this?

That was awesome

Awesome video :yess: ...love it :love thanks for posting. :wave

:duff

Glad you guys enjoyed it! It is part of a very rarely seen Audio/ Video Press Kit for the film that I recently had transferred over from a U-Matic tape and uploaded to my site. :) You can find all the other parts here: Batman '89 Video Press Kit

Sallah

Back