1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

1st flexpay next month...This is so awesome ,with all the bat stuff this is still my favorite ,cant wait .......l'm loving this year of the bat ....II may have to let the new harley quinn and joker take this for a quick spin....It's gonna be A EPIC set up.....

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I am thinking of pre ording this Batmobile so I took a closer look at the size. Wanted to know just what I would be getting myself into (never bought anything except figures). This thing is HUGE! 39" in length?! Where do you put something this size??! Only hesitation now is just how BIG this is. Can anyone provide some insight on just how to display or from personal experience (1/6 tumbler) if it's actually so big it could possible be an eye sore?

Some may do ikea glass coffee table display with shelf underneath for a car ,but i might get me a tumbler also ...I'm thinking both cars one side 89 other side noland bats and in between my tv for a sweeeet movie set up...this set up someone has done and shown in this thread already and looks truly epic ......

I think you might be referring to Geil's setup with his Tumbler and Batpod in Acrylic cases under his tv. That is an awesome set up

yep..love his set up ....

Do u happen to know where on this thread it can be seen?

hey checkout the show your batman collection it maybe in there...sorry or check geils post or profile or ikea table display in dc custom section .....

Some may do ikea glass coffee table display with shelf underneath for a car ,but i might get me a tumbler also ...I'm thinking both cars one side 89 other side noland bats and in between my tv for a sweeeet movie set up...this set up someone has done and shown in this thread already and looks truly epic ......

Would you happen to know the name of that coffee table??

Hey awesome guys! Thanks for looking out. It's a real commitment with this display. Looks outstanding. Lov the coffee table set up!

its the IKEA granas. im lucky enough to already own one in storage and i'm considering attempting the modifications. it really does make for an eye catching display.

Displaying is what I was thinking about. I had an idea for this, then HT went and redid the Tumbler and the Batpod - not to mention the Bat. However, the 89 Batmobile is a piece of work and I'm looking forward to it's release. Only 11 more months to wait. Should be time enough to find a cooffee table suitable for it.

This set up was extreamly cool.....when their was only the Tumbler. But now.......sweet Jesus! The 1:6 grails are rolling out like water. So here is my concept. I'd like to see a hybrid wall unit/detolf, with tiers that slid out like computer keyboard desk shelfs. I hope that discription give a clear idea of what I want & need. Likw it would have to be the width of a dresser, but made of glass. & remember the way stero glass doors use to tap them & a magnetic spring loaded thing would push open the glass door.

I want that with semi matte black wood shelves that slide out the way the shelves do that hold keyboards.

Just checked the Granas at Ikea. Looks like a plan. I also went into the coolest laid out toyshop in town yesterday to steal, I mean get ideas for displays. Their 1/6 stuff is seriously well presented in, effectively, standard glass cabinets (The tall 4 tiers from Ikea)just sitting side by side, but with the leveling of the tiers reset to create a more dynamic look. The Tumbler et al wouldn't fit in though, so I still need something else.

Just checked the Granas at Ikea. Looks like a plan. I also went into the coolest laid out toyshop in town yesterday to steal, I mean get ideas for displays. Their 1/6 stuff is seriously well presented in, effectively, standard glass cabinets (The tall 4 tiers from Ikea)just sitting side by side, but with the leveling of the tiers reset to create a more dynamic look. The Tumbler et al wouldn't fit in though, so I still need something else.

Take some photos with your camera phone next time. I would love to see what your describing.

Will do. It does look good.

Just wondering if anyone here is considering a repaint on this when they get it using a gloss black to match the Batman Returns car(kinda like Cinemaquette's version). I love this car, but I'd much rather have it in gloss black than the matte finish.

Back