1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I see that tony has different types of capes for the DX09. Which one so you guys think I should get to go with this beast? Been playing with the stock cape all morning, and for the life of me I can't get that thing to look normal.

Who's tony? There are different capes for sale?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Here are some comparison pics with the Tumbler...

usu2ybug.jpg

Latest photos from Toysdaily forum.
Credits to chihochan98: Very Nice!! All In-hand photos...

MS1C2889_zps8d31beb6.jpg

MS1C2893_zpsb1823026.jpg

Serious question, is there any words that can describe that?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YVSOS0CyAU[/ame]

Wow!! That just put this in perspective for me on the size of this monster! So for those who don't own a tumbler and might not truly understand the size comparison…..you are all in for a shock because the tumbler is HUGE and this is BIGGER!!!

I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!
I have not CRAVED for something like this for a long long time!!!!!

To everyone who is getting one. Do you guys all honestly have the space to properly display this? For me this is going to be something I pop out of the box when I get it, TRY to display it somewhere and later get yelled at my wife for placing it on the floor somewhere.

This for me is going to be something that will be in the box until I can find the proper space for it. :(

Wow!! That just put this in perspective for me on the size of this monster! So for those who don't own a tumbler and might not truly understand the size comparison…..you are all in for a shock because the tumbler is HUGE and this is BIGGER!!!

Exactly. I've got a Tumbler taking up the largest available display space on top on an IKEA chest of drawers, and there is only about an inch of clearance around on each side. I've got no idea where I'll display the 89 Batmobile. I really wish there was a 1/12 scale alternative on the same high quality level as HT figures and vehicles.

The best way to display this in all its glory will be a custom built case. If you don't have the time/tools/talent, a cabinet maker would be able to build something nice.

To everyone who is getting one. Do you guys all honestly have the space to properly display this? For me this is going to be something I pop out of the box when I get it, TRY to display it somewhere and later get yelled at my wife for placing it on the floor somewhere.

This for me is going to be something that will be in the box until I can find the proper space for it. :(

No idea how i am going to display this one. I am looking into the Aquarium, tables, etc. In the meantime it will come out of the box the day it arrives, and when I need to show it off to friends. But it will be in the box in the closet until I find a proper way, and place. Plus I need either a Returns Keaton Batman or the Arkham City version to display with it.

If I had the money and space for a second car, and the time and skill for "major surgery", I buy one of these for a donor car

https://www.hobbytron.com/NitroRCCarRTRLotusEliseRallySportZXVHM8.html

....rip the guts out and make a spare Batmobile a powerful R/C...that I would still probably never, ever dare drive.

It's got to be easier to convert this to an R/C than the Tumbler because of all that space in the trunk and under the hood area for the motor and steering mechanism...which btw, would also be traditional and so much easier to work with than the Tumbler's.

Wow, is this HUGE, i've only recently gotten into Batman HotToys (dx08,11,12) and I loved this movie and seeing this, just wow wow wow...

I need to hunt down a batman 89 now,'

To everyone who is getting one. Do you guys all honestly have the space to properly display this?
Well if this poll regarding the Tumbler is anything to go on, 46% will either just have it in storage somewhere or end up selling it because they can't display it.

If I had the money and space for a second car, and the time and skill for "major surgery", I buy one of these for a donor car

https://www.hobbytron.com/NitroRCCarRTRLotusEliseRallySportZXVHM8.html

....rip the guts out and make a spare Batmobile a powerful R/C...that I would still probably never, ever dare drive.

It's got to be easier to convert this to an R/C than the Tumbler because of all that space in the trunk and under the hood area for the motor and steering mechanism...which btw, would also be traditional and so much easier to work with than the Tumbler's.

And a very baaaaaad idea to top off this dream mod:

https://www.amazingdiyprojects.com/pdf/edf_microafterburner.pdf

:monkey3

Well if this poll regarding the Tumbler is anything to go on, 46% will either just have it in storage somewhere or end up selling it because they can't display it.

This one is going to be worst ;)

I got the room, was msking a display for 2 mobiles, and the shield, but Ht ruined that with the ****ty plastic tray. So have to settle with 2 cars.

I'm surprised by the amount of detail on the bottom of the car, to be honest. Love the magnet tool for opening the panels, too! We got any official dimensions on the final car yet? Specifically how wide the car is at the rear wheels?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm surprised by the amount of detail on the bottom of the car, to be honest. Love the magnet tool for opening the panels, too! We got any official dimensions on the final car yet? Specifically how wide the car is at the rear wheels?

And the actual weight of the car by itself too! I want to know if my glass tables will support it...

Sallah

Back